Hacked - possibly.

When i try to log in on the launcher i get the error message; The email address you entered was not found. If you have an active game account, please try again. If you're still having trouble, please contact Customer Support. I also got an email saying that the email for my account had been changed. Does this mean I have been hacked? If so what do I need to do to get the account back? I don't understand how i would have been hacked, I know better than to fall for phishing emails and I don't use my gw2 password for anything else. Thanks for the help.

Have you tried logging in via the official website?

Yeah, same thing, saying the email isn't tied to an account.

Just changed mine as a test and this is the e-mail i got.

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

Is yours the same? If so you need to change any passwords that where the same as your guildwars 2 account and contact GW support asap.

EDIT: Oh and scan your computer BEFORE you do change any passwords.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-08-30 at 01:36 PM.

Yep that's the one, ill do that, thank you. I still don't know how I got hacked, never been hacked in any MMO and i have played them for years, i definately haven't clicked any dodgy phishing links either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    When i try to log in on the launcher i get the error message; The email address you entered was not found. If you have an active game account, please try again. If you're still having trouble, please contact Customer Support. I also got an email saying that the email for my account had been changed. Does this mean I have been hacked? If so what do I need to do to get the account back? I don't understand how i would have been hacked, I know better than to fall for phishing emails and I don't use my gw2 password for anything else. Thanks for the help.
    Did you buy a digital copy or physical copy? If physical copy did you enter your CD key yet, the pre purchase/order code does not keep the account active without entering the CD key.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the same boat as the OP, got the e-mail saying my email was changed. No viruses were detected on my computer or anything like that so I'm at a total loss but I wiped my computer as a precaution. Also ignored the random phishing e-mails. Really wish they would make you confirm the e-mail change before it actually happened rather than the "Oh, by the way..." notification they send you.

And now onto the waiting game with their customer service =(

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Did you buy a digital copy or physical copy? If physical copy did you enter your CD key yet, the pre purchase/order code does not keep the account active without entering the CD key.
    I got the digital deluxe edition, on the launcher it was asking me to verify my email for a few days but the link it provided was broken and i was able to play without verifying it anyway. I was playing earlier today also.

Deleted
    I don't think you have been hacked, some kind of mess up on their end.

Well i put in a ticket for support, ill post here again when it's resolved to possibly help anyone else with this problem, thanks guys

Well best of luck Alkin, let us know how it turns out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team
    I know about 10 people who got this mail at the same time, would assume this is a feck up or a bot is running around tempting multiple accounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Got the exact same problem, got a ticket going for a over a day now.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Its not working yet, dont worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Heraseth View Post
    I know about 10 people who got this mail at the same time, would assume this is a feck up or a bot is running around tempting multiple accounts
    Oh really? that brings some hope to the users with the issues. It is worring though that they get "Account not found" when trying to log into the website.