Thread: Enhance broken?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Enhance broken?

For anyone that has played Enhancement, pre patch and now 5.0.4 patch. Is there a massive gap in DPS? Before the patch i was doing 48k+ on Ultraxion Heroic. Yesterday i pulled about 42k. That's an insane lose in my opinion. Is anyone else having the same problem and think it's broken?

Yea, same here. I was doing about 43k, now down to 35k... I know I'm still getting used to the new priority, but still...

Deleted
    Yeah i know teh 4set from T13 doesn't work, that's currently broke. Our 2set also got nerfed by 10%. But that doesn't make up 6-8k dps loss.

Everything is tuned for level 90 and since shamans get one of their major DPS cooldown at 87 it will look poor until then. It's only one month of this patch so don't get crazy, it will be better once you reach level cap.

What Melzas said^, Enhance right now can be considered OP at 90. People put us at the top of the charts for I don't know which reason, but it seems that we're really good at 90.

The reason why our damage came down a bit is probably the way our damage comes. Enhancers still assume that all we need to do is keep the same rotation as before and be fine but it's not really that. The main part of our damage now comes from the cooldown management. The Devs generally base their overall damage balance around raid fights and assuming we got something like 3-4 new cooldowns, it's normal that our passive/rotation damage went down a bit, you must manage your cooldowns better.

The opening part is now super important. Try this: 1. pre-pot 2. Feral Spirit | (boss pull) | 3. CD-macro: fire elemental totem, orc racial, glove tinkers + everything off GCD (Ascendance is off GCD, that is probably the reason why we'll be super strong at 90, Asc. + all these cooldowns) 4. Bloodlust should be here, if someone can save you the hassle, ask them 5. Stormlash Totem; if you get everything right, your damage should be around what you did before, but yes, it may be a bit lower.

Hope it helped
    Last edited by Stand; 2012-08-30 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just so frustrated with it... Classes like Locks, Rogues and Dk's have stupid burst and sustainability and it's disheartning to say the least. I have tried what you have just said Joak22 but it still is really mediocre and it cannot and will not compete this patch, not until MoP Is out anyways. But saying that we will be super strong at 90 is probably true as Enhancement is normally extremely strong at the start of every Expansion. Been playing Enhance for 4 years now and it's just lilttle bit upsetting that it's gone down so much.

Quote Originally Posted by foxlon View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just so frustrated with it... Classes like Locks, Rogues and Dk's have stupid burst and sustainability and it's disheartning to say the least. I have tried what you have just said Joak22 but it still is really mediocre and it cannot and will not compete this patch, not until MoP Is out anyways. But saying that we will be super strong at 90 is probably true as Enhancement is normally extremely strong at the start of every Expansion. Been playing Enhance for 4 years now and it's just lilttle bit upsetting that it's gone down so much.
    I remember with shattering it was more or less the same. Even with right reforges (which was new), regemming, etc, dps was significantly lower.

There was a first batch of band aid fixes (stealth nerfs/fixes), unfortunately shaman weren't included.

I haven't really played yet (work :/), but to me it seems that EM + pvp use trinket might also be quite strong. 429agi + 2400agi on use and their cd's and uptime match perfectly.

Shaman sustained Dps will be a little off till we get Ascendance, so fights like ultrax will make you think the class is bad. Our current burst, on the other hand, is very strong. Strong enough in fact to make you extremely competitive on most fights if you time things right.

Seems fine to me. Did you remember to reforge properly? :P

I am doing about 6k more dps after 5.0.4, you need to redo all your reforgeing(DONT USE THE REFORGE MOD'S THAY DONT HAVE THE RIGHT STAT'S YET) my active damage droped due to the mastery and crit drop, but my passive jumped up by alot. From the flury and SF buff's.

Are you aware of the change of priority? Specifically the need to always use Fire Elemental Totem and Wolves on cooldown? With the loss of our SoE totem we've taken a hit to raw Attack Power, but that seems to have been offset by buffing those two into being necessary tools. (The speed at which FET ramps up our "new" buff is ridiculous.)

To those who say that their dps went up: What gear are you in? What was your previous average dps? What is your average 5.0.4 dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Everything is tuned for level 90 and since shamans get one of their major DPS cooldown at 87 it will look poor until then. It's only one month of this patch so don't get crazy, it will be better once you reach level cap.
    We will get more than some speccs, but not that much. Shaman dps is extremely low on lvl 90 and that won't change. It's like Blizzard is okay with shamans being that far behind (again).

Don't expect a miracle. Ascension and the level 90 are solid, nothing more. Others will gain even more, most will gain about the same or a little less.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    To those who say that their dps went up: What gear are you in? What was your previous average dps? What is your average 5.0.4 dps?
    DPS went down, for sure.

Look here:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...default/#1tv7p

And that data is still mixed with pre patch data, so it will be more extreme. But the tendence is that shamans were at the bottom and now are even more behind now.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2012-08-30 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    I have a 399 ILVL with 4 heroic item's and a LFR off hand axe, previus DPS was 44k-46k now 50k-52k (with out CD's peak's), the 2k difference is due to the ICD on my axe's and witch ever one proc's more cuz i have a REG DW axe and LFR one. Before I re did my reforging my dps droped by like 5k. The searing flames, flametongue and flurry buff's are great.

I hope this was helpfull.

Deleted
    Did you sort your reforging correctly- i.e drop from mastery to haste (haste being 2.49 compared to Mastery's 2.15 stat weight, this is only valid for level 85 T13)? As well as reforging all that excess hit/expertise? Were you using the new priority list- Maelstrom x5 Lightning Bolt being higher than SS/LL again?

I played very sloppily in my raid last night and didn't keep ST/Fire Ele up 100%, and didn't insta-cast all of my LBs, and still found that my DPS had increased by 1.5k (I'm in BiS for what it's worth)- it would have probably been significantly higher if I had played properly. There's pretty much zero reason if you've adapted to the patch changes correctly that your DPS should decrease.
    Last edited by mmoc2b239a8275; 2012-08-30 at 10:01 PM.

My shammy sucks now, my arms warrior and frost DK kicks its ass in normal gear. -_-

yea as in wotlk to cata, last month was awfull in pre cata patch, now the same old ... but ok, now what pisses me realy big time, is how our minor glyphs suck so much compared to the other (all) classes...

With proper reforges and playing the new priority correctly, you should see a moderate jump in overall dps on a fight to fight basis. Proper use of our cooldowns can now make a huge difference in your overall dps on a fight to fight basis, especially considering how short each fight is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Deleted
    Sorry to sound like a scrub, but can i get a confirmation of our NEW stat priorites. The thread on MMO said Mastery still ruled followed by Crit and haste last. Does this mean that Haste has become our No.1 stat.? If so has this changed any of our BiS gear pieces? ty for help
    Last edited by mmocc915ba0d6d; 2012-08-30 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashy767 View Post
    Sorry to sound like a scrub, but can i get a confirmation of our NEW stat priorites. The thread on MMO said Mastery still ruled followed by Crit and haste last. Does this mean that Haste has become our No.1 stat.? If so has this changed any of our BiS gear pieces? ty for help
    Starcather trinket from warmaster is now BiS, as well as the gloves off H morchok, IIRC.

And haste, and mastery are neck and neck.

Also, personally my dps is about the same, if you don't count the 70-80k burst dps at the start with Cd's. Some fights, I forgo EoE, for EM, because of the 2 min Cd syncing with feral spirits. (Mainly H spine, I finally was doing what our fury warrior does, per 15s intervals.) The biggest thing I do not like, is FET taunting, or out aggro-ing, or whatever it is doing. Having to de-summon it makes me sad. Even at points halfway in the fight.

Tl;dr for the time being, enh is fine.
    The world is a deaf machine.