Thread: Warhammer

Warhammer

Is warhammer online a dead game? I used to love that game.. and its keep siege.. but I made a trial account and it seems like no one even plays scenarios in the low bracket anymore..

Last I heard about it, they were scrapping it as an MMO and reworking it as a SP/MP game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Last I heard about it, they were scrapping it as an MMO and reworking it as a SP/MP game.
    Isn't that the 40k MMO?

OT: I think the WH:fantasy MMO (age of reckoning?) is forgotten now, there'll still be your vet players but probably very little influx of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    Isn't that the 40k MMO?

OT: I think the WH:fantasy MMO (age of reckoning?) is forgotten now, there'll still be your vet players but probably very little influx of new players.
    That's right, it was the 40k MMO. I haven't heard anything about the other game in a loooong time.

Yeah sorry, not 40k :< I meant the medieval themed one :P

Deleted
    the list thing i heared was that they went to make "warhammer heroes" or something like that out of it.

moba like game in the battlegrounds of warhammer online.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warhammer MMO is alive last I heard.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

It's still about and running, but it's down to only a few servers total I think. A few friends jumped back in some months back and sadly said the game still felt like it wasn't complete and that there wasn't too much activity. Damn shame since it had so much promise : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the game is still around but basically in "maintenance mode." Its got a couple of servers left and is still F2P for Tier 1 but, well, last I heard pretty much everyone has moved on. Even the "official" forum was moved to BioWare's social site. They tried to use parts of the game to make a LoL style spinoff but, again last I heard, that fell flat too. Its not dead, but I wouldn't call what it is exactly "alive" either. More like in a coma with a DNR hanging over its head.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-08-30 at 04:40 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    The size of the game and how much is available is like "in house testing" at the moment. I was excited for the game when it had launched. My buddy and I picked it up the day it went live and went straight to leveling. Its sad to see something fade away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, as a RR 100 Witch Hunter, I can tell you the game is pretty much dead. All of the servers got consolidated down to 1 server. With the RR 100 sets of armor, tanks can get just as much dps as straight glass cannon classes, and still stay just as tanky. The current PvP is won by the team with more tanks. It's why I quit.

I played this game for about 2 years, and I loved every second of it. I had level 60's of almost every class, and even though the PvE was broken, the awesome style of PvP made up for it.

If you want to play something like Warhammer, guild wars 2 has a great PvP system that has a lot of similarities to Warhammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I bought and tried guild wars.. but was disappointed with the feel of their RvR as compared to warhammer. It felt much more zergy and much less siege-like, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a shot but.. I dunno :/

Deleted
    I considered getting back into WAR, at least until MoP. What surprised me was how EA decided against using it as a 'beta test' for F2P and how it might help with SWTOR. I mean they're not going to get any more subs and it's only going to go downhill from here, so why not flip over the F2P switch instead of leaving it to rot a slow demise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    I considered getting back into WAR, at least until MoP. What surprised me was how EA decided against using it as a 'beta test' for F2P and how it might help with SWTOR. I mean they're not going to get any more subs and it's only going to go downhill from here, so why not flip over the F2P switch instead of leaving it to rot a slow demise?
    I suspect that EA has written WAR off and they figure they can probably get more money out of the few still paying than spending however much it would cost to actually convert it over.

But that game was so funnnn.. QQ /emo /emo

Does anyone know if the scenario timers go down in later tiers or is it always incredibly slow, nowadays?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyhalu View Post
    Does anyone know if the scenario timers go down in later tiers or is it always incredibly slow, nowadays?
    Honestly I don't know anymore. I have not played since the second billing fiasco. If you mean how long it takes instanced pvp scenarios to pop? Well that's reliant on getting enough players to queue and, well, there are just not many folks playing anymore.

Deleted
    They have three servers. One for Europe, one for America and one for Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    They have three servers. One for Europe, one for America and one for Germany.
    Do you still play?