Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

More Zerg in PvP then in WoW

i never thought that there will be a game with less teamplay / strategy then wow. In GW2 basiccly everyone just zergs

And it seems like no one really knows how to play the game so it makes no sense...its just like a game of luck if you win or not

Also zerg gives the most points ^^

Deleted
    I'd say more AoE zerg than WoW, but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuqqq View Post
    And it seems like no one really knows how to play the game so it makes no sense...its just like a game of luck if you win or not
    Maybe because the game just officially launched 2 days ago? No, nobody knows what they're doing yet. I'm sure WoW was the same way when it launched. Give it another 5+ years like WoW and I'm sure it'll be completely different.

Also, zerging is not as good a strat as you think.

I love zerging.

I dont like to be zerged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what would you expect in RvR

There's sPvP for more serious stuff.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean WvWvW? Because in sPvP there's plenty of opportunity for strategic play. (I personally find the lack of macros annoying, since I can't quickly shout out tactics in sPvP.)

In WvWvW it is indeed quite zergy. I hope there will be strategies developed that make the zerg less.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

There can't be something else without someone to coordinate people. I suppose in GW2, like in WoW, nobody talks and all pewpew. In WoW at least some people, who are not completely clueless, know to target the healers, but if you have no "holy trinity" wtf are you suppose to do? Pick a random dude and burn him down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Maybe because the game just officially launched 2 days ago? No, nobody knows what they're doing yet. I'm sure WoW was the same way when it launched. Give it another 5+ years like WoW and I'm sure it'll be completely different.

Also, zerging is not as good a strat as you think.
    Gameplay doesn't change, in other MMO's it does during lvling. So no, if they don't know it now they never will.

I just press random buttons myself, I don't need to do anything more in order to function well in the game...so why should I bother. No rotation = headsmashing my keyboard like a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now people are still figuring things out. But when a group zergs you can usually cap the other 2 points pretty easily and win the match. The problem with that is that you're not fighting so much as just standing around and waiting. We haven't gotten to the point where people are actually defending [non zerged] nodes. It will come though.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I just press random buttons myself, I don't need to do anything more in order to function well in the game...so why should I bother. No rotation = headsmashing my keyboard like a boss.
    There are rotations. Similar to a fighting game, you can button mash and do well, but you can do better when you understand what you are doing.

Gameplay doesn't change, in other MMO's it does during lvling. So no, if they don't know it now they never will.

I can say with complete certainty that you will be outgrown by the majority of the community with that kind of mentality. Enjoy being able to zerg people down for the first few days until people really get to grips with the game.

It's a lot to take in right now, I think good players will recognise the support and CC importance over time, same as Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There can't be something else without someone to coordinate people. I suppose in GW2, like in WoW, nobody talks and all pewpew. In WoW at least some people, who are not completely clueless, know to target the healers, but if you have no "holy trinity" wtf are you suppose to do? Pick a random dude and burn him down?
    For SPvP you can decide on kill priorities on the fly. You'll quickly learn who's the most dangerous during different situations.

For WvWvW lack of coordination is worse. You really need to coordinate (across the different maps), which isn't happening at all.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by dafuqqq View Post
    i never thought that there will be a game with less teamplay / strategy then wow. In GW2 basiccly everyone just zergs

Also zerg gives the most points ^^
    Do you realize this game was launched on August 28th right??? How do you expect people to know how to properly play??? If you want teamplay and strategy try structured PVP... Geezus kids here whine about anything...
    Last edited by Moinaldo; 2012-08-30 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Capture the flag isnt that difficult to understand / figure out how it works. People who zergs now will zerg forever. In WoW Warsong / Arathi People still zerg after 7 years. It seems like we wont play PvP like we are supposed to because of zero strategy. People dont write INC in the chat, sometimes the chat is empty the whole BG

Do you realize this game was launched on August 28th right??? How do you expect people to know how to properly play???
    you do realize that the game launched for us (With "us" i mean the people who capture flags and shit) on august 28 too?
    Last edited by mmoc874ff45a6c; 2012-08-30 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join a sPVP guild and you will see organized pvp gameplay.

That's because of all the Zergmancers. They create new zerglings every couple seconds.
    This world needs some serious 'toss to wipe it clean.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Do you mean WvWvW? Because in sPvP there's plenty of opportunity for strategic play. (I personally find the lack of macros annoying, since I can't quickly shout out tactics in sPvP.)

In WvWvW it is indeed quite zergy. I hope there will be strategies developed that make the zerg less.

Once people have more cash, you'll be seeing the straight up zerg body rush working less. Because structures will be built up to the max; and will be plenty of siege weapons for defense.

There are rotations in a sense. As a Warrior for example, the first ability is a chain of three abilities with the third part of that chain generally doing more damage than the first two. If you use a different ability in the middle of that chain, the chain resets and starts from the beginning again. So the ideal thing to do is to wait for the chain to finish and then use other abilities.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2012-08-30 at 03:06 PM.

Funny. You were trying to be funny, right?
    Just in case not - you may want to learn about class combo, trait/weapon specs, how traits affect different weapon abilities, weapon swapping, and stuff like that. Or you can just keep button mashing.

In a month or two people will figure out how to play their classes correctly and then hopefully PvP will become more tactical, less zergy.

Deleted
    Its pretty similar to wow...wait for 4.3 then everything will fine. Or wait to the addon, then everything got fixed. Or lol addon just came out..of course there are bug! wait for 5.1

This is how RvR style battles just work. You won't see strategy when there are so many people involved. At least half won't even want to listen to any direction, the other half are getting owned by the other team's full on zerg :P

It's like this in Warhammer, and it was like that in DAoC (well, minus the insane CC lol).