Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I used to think women liked to be treated nicely.
    I think you are confusing girls and women. You can still be in your 40's and be a girl if you are not mature.

I used to think TV would stay at whatever part of the the show it was on if you turned it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I think you are confusing girls and women. You can still be in your 40's and be a girl if you are not mature.

I used to think TV would stay at whatever part of the the show it was on if you turned it off.
    Mine does!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

till i was 10, i used to believe moon had old witch living there with tree of live. and every time witch took out leaves from the tree someone died. i could see the lines on the moon's eye with bare eyes and so my belief was more reinforced. I thought those lines were the trunks and branches of the tree of life

I used to wonder what friendship could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hehehe I cant even imagine how fucked up you must have felt when you heard the expresion "it's raining cats and dogs" for the first time
    As in male or female, not literal boys and girls
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

When i was a kid i thought that dogs were male and cats were female and that they were mating...don't know why but..whatever
    lol thought i was the only one, just read the post few rows above
    Last edited by Zeljo; 2012-09-01 at 02:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    As in male or female, not literal boys and girls
    Hey! Be an ass and squash my dreams of girls falling from the sky.
    Yous ass
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Oh, 2 more things I can add to the list....
    Epic xD made me lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That alot of vegetables I hated as a kid actually taste good.
    Never liked mushrooms, cabbage, carrots etc, now I do.
    My taste was just misslead :/
    As a shild you have a stronger and better taste wich makes vegetables taste sour, wich is why most kids don't like it.

Too bad my taste never "grew out" of it...I'm stuck with a mouth where most healthy stuff just taste horribly. You wouldn't know what I would give to be able to eat all vegetables without feeling the need to throw up the next second.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-09-01 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    I always wondered how it felt being tall and watching at your feet seeing a baby, standing on his feet.

A week ago i did Imagine your were that small... Wonderfull!
    Last edited by mmoc0ca3d53c12; 2012-09-01 at 03:04 AM.

Why there was hair in urinals.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

When adults told me as a teenager, " you dont know how good you got it...":

this so much...took me what, 20 years, to figure out they love to be on some strange mix of abuse and love.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought in automatic flushing toilets, a doctor sat on the other side of the wall, a doctor because he's used to seeing pee pee parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Why there was hair in urinals.
    Never in my life, have I found hair in an urinal. Where the fuck do you live? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Women who are emotionally & mentally mature & available, who have a healthy sense of self esteem, who expect kindness, compassion, respect & love to be given & received to be an inherent part of the relationship from both sides & those who are ready to be candid & open with their wants, needs & expectations (instead of hoping for you both to be mind-readers) are the women who not only expect "to be treated nicely", they won't settle for anything less.

The women you are finding yourself with are most likely damaged by either her childhood or 1 of many assholes she thought she could "fix & make happy" who let her down, completely.

Women like this, who are absolutely made of kindness, compassion, acceptance & love, are still good women, they have just been lead astray & taught (usually by example from another female role model that is married to/lives with a dickface) that to be a "good girlfriend/wife/etc" you just take all the unwarranted shit & keep on loving your man until someday, he sees what a great girl you are & maybe he'll change". All this REALLY does is the list I always sign-off with for any relationship-related replies I give here;

2.) Tolerated behavior doesn't change.
    3.) We teach people how to treat us.
    4.) We get what we settle for.

Hopefully, if you are finding these women, you are leaving them better off after knowing you than before you met. It's very hard to teach self esteem to a girl with both her spirit & sense of self broken, but showing her that it is not only OK for her to expect respect, but that it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to healthy, functioning, loving & lasting relationships will most likely give both of you an important life lesson.

I wonder what is in you that has drawn you to these women with low self esteem~

Anyway, here is my usual sign-off! :)

Always remember this~ it is the list I live by ~ it'll help you too! <3
    1.) Never date anyone you wouldn't have as a best friend.
    2.) Tolerated behavior doesn't change.
    3.) We teach people how to treat us.
    4.) We get what we settle for.

Pass this along to the girls who need it please <3

OT: before I was old enough to read/see how it was spelled, I thought cupboards were called "covereds" b/c to me they were "covered shelves".
    I know it's been a joke/line in recent years, but when I was a child (almost 40 yrs ago!) I thought life must have been in black & white once since ALL the pictures my Grandparents & older Family members had were always in black & white!
    I thought that the songs on the radio were the actual bands playing @ the radio station.
    I guess I didn't learn all this stuff "yeaaaars later", but still...
    :) derp

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    yep, damn them liberal atheists, none of them value standards and principles, and none of them are loyal and fair in relationships. /angrily nodds

now that I'm done being sarcastic. up until a few years ago I though everyone valued knowledge and learning as much has I did, boy was I sadly mistaken.

also I Still cannot figure out why people think jack black or Monte python is funny. That stuff has never been funny to me but I though as I grew up I may understand it more. But I guess its just going ot be one of the things I never get.
    what the heck? Monty Python is gold, Jack Black is for middle schoolers.

oh another thing: the lair in brood war is a hive, the hive is a lair...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Never in my life, have I found hair in an urinal. Where the fuck do you live? :P
    That would be America. Attending any sporting event as a kid in a small Texas town you'll find 3 things in the batrooms:
    1) a room in desperate need of a clean
    2) a trough urinal you don't want to stand at with 5 grown men as a kid
    3) hair in said urinal
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    i used to think

was a hummingbird pinned to a stick :S probably took me 5 years to realise that it was actually a scroll and the blue thing i thought was the hummingbird was actually a ribbon to seal the scroll...
    HA! I am SO happy to see somebody else say this!!! I never actually picked a type of bird, but it was definitely a blue bird landing on a stick!
    LOL *shrug *giggle :D

Growing up in a family of scientists, this thread has made me realize what I've missed out on.