Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    As a child we are actually programmed instinctualy to prefer starchy, salty, sweet, oily things because they're high in calories and as our bodies are growing, we need lots of calories. As our body passes full growth maturity, we no longer have a strong preference, and our taste buds begin to branch out.

Also, a lot of vegetables are bitter, and instinctualy our bodies know that poison is generally bitter. Although vegetables are not poisonous, our bodies think so until we condition ourselves otherwise.
    Good, I will tell mom that the next time I visit them for dinner and she tease me that I never liked her fancy french cooking as a kid
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

ren and stimpy, rocko's modern life, and several other 90's cartoons are a lot funnier now...

Ok I have to admit there is something. Only now I can see those little, perverted things hidden in cartoons so adults can have some fun watching them, too.

Deleted
    i figured out that spending more than you earn isnt always good.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    You and me both buddy!

Girls go out with complete arseholes and then complaint that all guys are assholes... Stupid female species. (not them all)
    I also held that belief, until I was rejected series of times, after that I gave up and if another girl that likes me shows up I'll stick to that one, if not I'll remain single for the rest of my life.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the sun and the moon were the same thing for the longest time, and that they "just looked different" at night due to the light difference. lol.

Deleted
    The EA slogan is "It's in the game" whereas for years I thought it was "To the game". At least that's what it sounded like to me.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I used to think women liked to be treated nicely.

We are all with you bro, we all thought so.

Don't worry

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    I thought the sun and the moon were the same thing for the longest time, and that they "just looked different" at night due to the light difference. lol.
    Hey, actually, sure it's fun, but at least you were smart enough to find a reason by your own, with the little knowledge you could have by then. Most of people don't even wonder about it till they learn about it

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Good, I will tell mom that the next time I visit them for dinner and she tease me that I never liked her fancy french cooking as a kid
    Haha, good luck there
    Last edited by shise; 2012-08-30 at 04:50 PM.

Apple makes a computer called a Mac, which is short for Macintosh. Macintosh is a type of apple. Yeah i JUST made that connection recently.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured out why it's called the Xbox 360.

It's a revolution.

I didn't realize that the U.S Postal Service logo was an eagle until a few years ago.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    I never knew all houses on the same street had the same postcode. WHAT THE HELL!
    I never noticed that they don't play adverts on the BBC because of the license fee.
    Until I was about 13 I thought lyrics in songs had to make sense, and that if I didn't understand them it was my fault.
    I also thought God was real until I was about 14.

When I was 6 my parents took me to a show about Earth and the universe at a planetarium. I loved it. But right at the very end they talked about how sometime in the near future that the life on our planet could end because there was going to be a planetary alignment and the effect it would have on the Sun could wipe out life on Earth. So even though as I grew older I came to realize that this was likely not true since no one else seemed to be alarmed, for years I harbored a secret dread of the near future.

What a relief it was when this planetary alignment came and went and we were just fine.

Deleted
    I figured sometime ago that you can't trust some people, and that has affected me highly.. I rarely make friends and I have currently 0 lol. Tbh I'm not that interested in having friends and I'm lazy, or I'm just don't feel compelled, to have friends atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I didn't learn until my third time being a best man that the best man is supposed to plan the Bachelor Party.
    We've never done it that way for any wedding I've been involved in, the best man has always been the toast master at the official wedding party, but the bachelor party/events have always been planed by several people.

- I asked my kindergarten teacher why I didn't have hair down "there" like my dad, thats one of those classic fuck ups that my parents still laugh about.

- I learned that when someone says "you got hair on your mind"(if you are obsessed with hair) they don't mean hair on your head. "Doesn't all people have hair on their mind", that is also one of those things that my parents laugh about till this day.

- I've learned that no, you don't fix a skull wound by glueing it together, I used to sit by our phone as a kid, pretending I was driving a motor vehicle and used the phone to call random numbers... I didn't care if I got through or not I always said the same thing even when random folks answered, which was "Stefan(my uncle) has fallen and cracked his head open but don't worry I fixed it with Tapetklister(glue)", my parents had to excuse my behavior many a time over the phone rofl.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We've never done it that way for any wedding I've been involved in, the best man has always been the toast master at the official wedding party, but the bachelor party/events have always been planed by several people.

- I asked my kindergarten teacher why I didn't have hair down "there" like my dad, thats one of those classic fuck ups that my parents still laugh about.

- I learned that when someone says "you got hair on your mind"(if you are obsessed with hair) they don't mean hair on your head. "Doesn't all people have hair on their mind", that is also one of those things that my parents laugh about till this day.

- I've learned that no, you don't fix a skull wound by glueing it together, I used to sit by our phone as a kid, pretending I was driving a motor vehicle and used the phone to call random numbers... I didn't care if I got through or not I always said the same thing even when random folks answered, which was "Stefan(my uncle) has fallen and cracked his head open but don't worry I fixed it with Tapetklister(glue)", my parents had to excuse my behavior many a time over the phone rofl.
    lol u must have been one hilarious child

OT: I always thought that i was normal and that something was wrong with the other kids... yea turned out it was quite the opposite
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-08-30 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    I used to think girls like the nice guy.

I was a very imaginary kid. Once outside, I stood at a corner with one eye staring into the wall and the other around the corner, so I saw what happened around the corner with one eye while having my nose touch the wall. I was convinced it meant that I had X-ray vision and that I could see through walls. I only practiced my super hero power around corners. Needless to say, I later discovered why I could see through the wall.

Also, as a kid, in the shower if I raised my arm at a ~45* angle the water was led by my arm to my hand, and pointing to the side the water fell from it like a water fall. I was convinced this meant that I had to power to squirt water through my fingertips. Again, needless to say, I discovered years later why my super hero power only worked in the shower.

At one point when I was 6 I was convinced I could both swim, and breathe under water. A minute later I was saved by an adult who jumped in, and I learned that 1) I can't swim, and to my bigger disappointment 2) I couldn't breathe under water. I later figured out why.

Being both open and trusting as a kid, I learned the hard way of telling the wrong person the wrong secret. Luckily at that point in life the worst thing that could happen was public humiliation that would follow you forever. Years later I learned why an individual would betray a friend like that. Social status. By divulging something embarrassing (and funny) about someone, you get positive attention. This taught me to tell a unique non-true secret to each and everyone of my friends, and when a particular secret became public, I knew who couldn't be trusted. Live and learn.

It was only until the age of 14 or something it dawned upon me why containers are called containers (they contain!). In Sweden a "container" is those huge metal "boxes" you throw garbage in and the garbage trucks haul away.

Teachers don't like to be contradicted in class. Even if you're right and they're wrong. It'll reflect negatively on your grades. I learned later it's because they don't like the public negative attention, or even have it implied they don't know their subject as well as a kid with no education in it. If you want to contradict a superior (school, work), do so privately. They respond much better that way. Don't mess with those that have more power over your life than you do over theirs.

It was only until much later I learned why women shares problems with you when problem solving isn't even on their agenda. Also why they say one thing and mean another. Or their absurd infatuation in sharing how their day was, and who did what to whom during the day. Or why all the non-Cinderella-class women wish for (or expect) a Prince Charming. Also, in my later teens it dawned upon me that women likes sex as much as men. They just don't talk about it as openly as men do, which from an evolutionary perspective makes sense.

It was also not until my late teens I realized why most people don't respond well to well founded arguments that shatter their world view. In case you're wondering, it's because it shatters their world view.

Around the age of 20 I learned that despite being friendly, open and helping there are people who will hate you. I later discovered they hate you because you have everything going for you that they wish they had. It's jealousy.

But there are things I still don't know the answer to. Like if your girlfriend is cheating on you, why do men go for the guy she cheated with instead of breaking up with the person who betrayed you? The guy wasn't in your relationship, the girl made the choice. Naturally this goes the other way too, why do women when they feel their relationship is being threatened by another woman start a confrontation with the other woman? it's the guy that should get the lecturing, don't you think?

I used to think anyone would have the common sense to believe in God, value standards and principles, and be loyal and fair in relationships.

Then I was shocked by the amount of atheists and liberals of my generation, and even more so by how cruel and unfaithful girls I meet are.

I always thought Tenacious D was some awful 80s rap artist. Until today.