Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    You and me both buddy!

Girls go out with complete arseholes and then complaint that all guys are assholes... Stupid female species. (not them all)
    That's wrong. Girls are attracted to novelty. That just don't want to be bored. That want an interesting, exciting guy. For most girls, it goes like this:

1. Land a rich guy, because all the money enables them to pursue interesting, exciting things like travelling the world, mansions, fast expensive cars, fine dining at exclusive restaurants, etc.

2. IF they can't get a rich guy, they gravitate towards the guy with tattoos / in a rock band / rides a motorcycle / drug addict type, strictly because that often requires a I-don't-care attitude that is thrilling and exciting.

Of course, where a lot of girls screw up is that they fall in love with a guy who doesn't care about anything or anyone because he is exciting, marry him, and then expect him to suddenly care about the things she cares about, about raising kids, about having the money to own a home and send the kids to good schools. But he doesn't care. He does none of that. And when she finally figures out the things that made him a great boyfriend make him an awful husband, she either gives up on life or divorces him.

At that point, she may try to date a more stable guy, or chase another exciting bad guy hoping "this time its different".

But the bottom line for us guys is to learn to be exciting, live on the edge, do fun things, and girls will be attracted to that lifestyle.

For me, I picked up surfing this year. But I gotta plan on doing something completely different and fun next year.

WOMEN ARE THRILL JUNKIES.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2012-09-30 at 07:08 PM.

Elephants don't actually see through their trunks and the eyes aren't there so they don't look stupid.
    Kidney stones aren't when your kidneys solidify and have to be forced out of the body, the urinary track being the closest hole.

I was pretty lucky my parents never really fed me much bullshit. Still even as kids you have some great misconceptions. Thankfully I like research, I know sadistic right, so I always researched what I didn't know through encyclopedias and later the internet. My biggest would have to be that having sex with people will gaurantee an STD or specifically AIDS. I was a late 80's early 90's kid and AIDS was huge. I remember after the first few times I had sex I would freak out thinking I was going to catch something...time told me that was pretty much a lie if you take a minor precaution. I also used to think you could dig a hole to hell. This was later thwarted by my realization that one geology says otherwise and two that hell, more than likely, doesn't exist. Let alone exist right below the surface of the earth.

As a younger kid I always believed right would triumph in the end. People are rewarded (karmically) for good deeds they did and punished for the wrongs.

o.O

O.o

kids are so disillusioned

As a teenager and young adult I thought that women like being pounded into submission for hours on end. Only years later did I figure out that most don't and are more than happy with some foreplay followed by 15 minutes of action.

Your story is exactly the opposite of mine. I always wanted to talk crap about, and to, religious people when I was a teenager. Ended up becoming extremely devoted.

Anywaaaaaay, I'm very glad for the information and knowledge I have today, but to share it would delve into the religious, which is forbidden on these forums.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-10-01 at 05:47 AM.

I thought Steppes was pronounced steepees...lol. Thank god I never actually said the word.
    X

Deleted
    I realised that the classic Nokia SMS tune is morse code for SMS
    Got my first Nokia 1999(?) and found out a month ago
    Last edited by mmoc10bda09cc4; 2012-10-01 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    I realized that the chicken crossing the road, to get to the other side, could actually mean into the afterlife.
    This just blew my mind.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zawk0n View Post
    I thought marijuana was a terrible and addictive drug that would ruin my life.
    I figured that that was wrong when I was 8. My friends thought I was retarded and would become a crackhead, now some smoke more than I do. xD

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    - As a kid I thought traffic lights where controlled by people underground in rooms or something, and I always pressed the button.
    Later I found out you don't have to press the button because sensors on the road detect everything. Still don't know why buttons are there.
    In Canada, if you press the button you get a few seconds where cars can't turn right or left, so you can cross the streets in places that are busy, but where there aren't usually many pedestrians.

Deleted
    I learned that no matter how hard you try in the present, in the future you will still think you could have done better.
    I also learned that XD is a smily face and not just some random heiroglyph my mates used to draw on their binders. :P

I used to think "newspaper" was spelled "noose paper" because in the past it had reported on all the hangings in the country. My dad had Clint Eastwood westerns on the TV a lot when I was a kid...

Deleted
    When i was a small kid i thought babies came from a womans ass due to the way they sat and pushed in tv programs aha.

i still don't know how to tell temperature. i had this really humiliating moment once in my foreign language class where we were learning articles of clothing, and the question the teacher asked us was "if it was 40 degrees outside, which piece of clothing might you be wearing? a bathing suit or a pair of mittens?" and she picked me to answer it and i had to admit to the whole class that at age 17 i had no idea if forty degrees is hot or cold weather really embarassing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    When i was a small kid i thought babies came from a womans ass due to the way they sat and pushed in tv programs aha.
    LOL. I never thought that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i went to boot camp with a guy who had literally never seen a non-white person. all he knew about non-caucasians was from TV (at the time almost all black roles were pimps, whores, dealers, and junkies outside of the cosby show), and boot camp had a large percentage of minorities. major culture shock for him, but he handled it well
    LOL, that's kind of funny, but good to hear he handled it well.

That you have to take extremely high doses of narcotics if you are going to trying take yourself out or else you end up stoned and throwing up