Deleted

Have you ever thought of playing the "Game of Life"?

I mean you play a game so much, you're so into it, and then realize, "Why don't I play that game in real?". For example, opening a door, "opening door" ability. Put the key back to pocket, "put item in inventory". etc. Life is a game, in the right perspective. Expand this to all facets of it. Making money, like playing the auction house. Grinding, taking a job. Studying, learning the abilities of the game; etc.

No thanks. I prefer to not think of life as a game... Games are stuff that's usually fun most of the time, life isn't always that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    No thanks. I prefer to not think of life as a game... Games are stuff that's usually fun most of the time, life isn't always that.
    Life is a game and a game is life, if you get what i mean.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-08-30 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a moment I thought you meant the real one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_of_Life

No, I've never done that. RP is fun, but...I won't RP that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread reminds me of a FB post from my g/f and my response.

She is not much of a gamer, she'll play Pokemon and Katamari but that's really about it. So she posted her reasons for not playing games, which is pretty much the repetition. My response is what applies to this thread.

"I play video games because it is a sandbox world where trial and error and not hindered due to consequence."

I can throw away all my money in a game on something stupid and useless and not care. If i buy the wrong thing i can always go back to my last save point or start the game over. No loss really. But in real life you have to be much wiser and conscientious with your actions.

I do agree with your concept, and there are actually companies who are trying to introduce gaming to businesses. every bit of work you do is an action, and you would be awarded points for such actions and be awarded appropriately for your diligence. But i can't really turn off my brain and meld into a fantasy world in real life as i can in a video game.

Deleted
    No that is a little too far. If you do these kinds of things i suggest you to take a break from gaming and/or get professional help. I would not like to meet a person that are playing GTA-irl.

I'd like to own a glider gun or a puffer train.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_Game_of_Life
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This hypothesis you propose... It's not interesting.

It's been done.

They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.