Anyways here's the deal. I started working and with my laptop being in pretty bad condition atm i decided to spend a part of my wage for this month on a new pc. I know quite a few pc things but building one isn't one of them so most likely i would pick things out, read reviews about them without knowing if they have compatibility with eachother or not so asking the tech guys here :3
Games / Settings Desired
Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
Parts that can be reused
Do you need an OS?
Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
1. Around 900-1200 Euro's
2. If i understand it what you mean well then 1080p
3. games on max settings (or atleast on High minimum with decent fps), there aren't much games i play but the ones I play include: WoW MoP (when it comes out), Diablo 3, prototype 1-2, skyrim, LoL, BF3 and for the rest eroges but you guys wouldn't be interested in that list i suppose. Might be getting GW2 + a few other games when i got a new pc.
4. Regularly using PS and video encode programs like MKVguimerge, Xvid4psp.
5. I live in Belgium but i know Amazon ships here, not to sure about newegg but this doesn't matter much.
6. The only parts being able to be reused are my ram, I bought them a while ago for in a pc but that one is totally broken beyond repair. i've got 2 rams actually so I think i'll use one and sell the other.
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 4x4GB
G.Skill SNIPER 2x4GB
7. That's something i can get in my local store, and i still got my windows 7 ultimate for free due to college.
8. I've got the mouse covered, altho some help on a nice (and cheap) monitor with 1080p would be welcome ( full led hd or whatever these things are called these days). I'll check marests thread for his keyboard, headset suggestions.
thanks in advance
edit: this is a build a friend of me gave me.
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z77-DS3H - around 100€(107,01 in Denmark)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 4x4GB (if you REALLY want 16GB) - around 114€
(I'd recommend getting G.Skill SNIPER 2x4GB for 85€ instead, as they're faster)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 - harddisk - 2 TB - SATA-600 - 120€
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD Sata3 - 93€ (Read: 525MB/s - Write: 500MB/s)
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX 660Titanium Superclocked (2GB) - 295€
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 - 113€
PSU: Seasonic M12II 850W - 120€ ($139 on Newegg.com as US reference ^-^)
Your friend's build is quite solid, only things I'd change are:
If the ASRock Z77 Pro4 motherboard is available in your country, consider that instead.
It looks like either set of RAM will work, however, I know the SNIPER series is recommended more often.
The OCZ Agility 3 is not quite as reliable as other SSDs in that class. Take a look at the Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 instead.
I'm not a fan of Cooler Master cases, if the Fractal Design Define R4 is available in your country, take a look at it (comes in black, white or grey).
Just another question, seen on the description of the page of the Fractal Design Define R4 says it has 2 casefans and has place for 5 other casefans. Would the 2 build in ones be enough or do you recommend getting some more casefans?