Question [MoP] Enha's AoE mechanics need dire improvement?

I have tested literally every DPS and Tank spec on the PTR, and Enha has by far the worst AoE mechanic in MoP.
    I will try to keep my point simple, since anyone that tried Enha on PTR/Beta is already familiar with how our AoE works.

My main issue with the Lava Lash + FS spreading mechanic is that targets who are already burning from the FS DoT will not have their DoT duration refreshed/extended, even if your Lava Lash tries to spread a brand new (25 or 30 sec duration) FS DoT.

In other words, once you apply a FS DoT to a target through Lava Lash spreading you can not refresh that Flame Shock DoT (by LL spreading) until that FS DoT has COMPLETELY expired.

Even if you try to spread a full 25 (or 30 glyphed) second Flame Shock DoT to targets that only have 1 second of FS DoT left, the "spreading" will not affect them and your FS DoTs will expire - leaving you unable to do any valid Fire Nova AoE DPS until your 10 second cooldown Lava Lash is ready again.

As i said before, i tried out all the DPS and Tanking specs for MoP PTR and this is by far the most irritating mechanic, where a single miss-timed Lava Lash (even by HALF a second!!) spread can mean you spend 10 seconds being unable to do any noticeable AoE dps.
    I find it completely ludicrous and absurd that if you do Lava Lash even 1 second too early your FS DoT will not be spread (since other targets still have 1 more second of FS DoT remaining), meaning your AoE DPS is completely shut down until your Lava Lash is ready again (10 seconds).

My suggestion:

Make Lava Lash always refresh the Flame Shock DoT duration to it's full length, regardless of how many seconds it still has on the target.
    That way Lava Lash will always refresh the 4 oldest FS DoTs nearby, but only if it has already affected every possible nearby target.
    Example:
    - 9 mobs in a trash pack - you cast 1 Flame Shock and use Lava Lash to spread it to 4 more mobs.
    - after 10 seconds you cast Lava Lash again, spreading full duration Flame Shock to the OTHER 4 mobs (who did not have FS).
    - after 10 more seconds you do Lava Lash again, spreading full duration Flame Shock the the FIRST 4 mobs, which refreshes their DoT to the full length.

TL;DR:
    With this simple change of allowing LL to refresh FS dot duration regardless of the remaining duration of the old FS dot, Enha's AoE will be far more enjoyable and practical, without any micro split second lag prone timing that is wholly undesired.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2012-08-30 at 05:25 PM.

Why not just make fire nova spread and/or refresh flame shock?

dots not refreshing sounds like a bug or do i miss something?
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-08-30 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    dots not refreshing sounds like a bug or do i miss something?
    No it's been like that ever since they implemented the current aoe mechanic.