Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stats for Enhancement in 5.0.4

Apparently on Elitist jerks , the prio of stats has switched around abit with Haste becoming more powerful that Crit and sometimes more powerfull than mastery in some talents .

What do you think about this switch up ?

For more info check this out : http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130513-..._100_more_cds/

Stats at LvL85 with T13 BiS and EotE

Stat Value
    Agility : 3.81
    Haste :2.49
    Mastery : 2.15
    Crit: 1.95
    Last edited by Kraatoss; 2012-08-27 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Amgawd need to reforge QQ

But i like that haste is good again :P

Will this make the Warmaster Agil+Haste(proc) trinket better than Heroic Matrix Restabilizer if you're missing Heroic Vial? I'm guessing so.

It's going to be a pain reforging, but I'm not going the trouble of regemming to try and eek out any extra dps.

Just read Purge's article at TotemSpot and it looks like Starcatcher Compass is going to be BiS now. So, no more worrying about Vial which never seems to drop in 25 weeks of DS.
    Last edited by jace5869; 2012-08-27 at 01:55 PM.

Pfft, you would need to change 3 gems assuming you have BiS gear.

Yeah, but 75 more Haste isn't worth the ~1500g I'd have to spend for the minimal amount of dps I'd gain, personally. I don't spend my time farming and playing the AH so I see it as a waste with MoP so close now. We're clearing DS so quick now it's pointless.

It depends on the talents you choose:

Echo of the Elements + Unleashed Fury
    Agility > Hit/Expertise > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Elemental Mastery + Primal Elementalist
    Agility > Hit/Expertise > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Kraatoss View Post
    Stats at LvL85 with T13 BiS and EotE

Stat Value
    Agility : 3.81
    Haste :2.49
    Mastery : 2.15
    Crit: 1.95
    Doesn't come out like that for me. Correctly reforged to the new exp and hit caps and reforging as much as possible to mastery my stat scale factors are:

agi: 4.17
    mas: 2.35
    crit: 2.18
    haste: 2.13

IF you sim a character with incorrect reforging then you get the skewed weights in the ej thread.

note: with simcraft 504-6
    Last edited by flak; 2012-08-27 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    It depends on the talents you choose:

Echo of the Elements + Unleashed Fury
    Agility > Hit/Expertise > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Elemental Mastery + Primal Elementalist
    Agility > Hit/Expertise > Haste > Mastery > Crit
    and what if you use elemental blast?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    and what if you use elemental blast?
    Then you would want to stack mastery because its a spell that you will be using all the time and our mastery increases its damage

so whats performing highest tomorrow out of the choices you have listed?

Well, considering we dont have access to the lvl 90 talents yet, it's hard to say. But I think everyone seems to be leaning toward Echo of the Elements. Elemental Mastery doesn't seem to have the same amount of overall DPS increase without Primal Elementalist working. Although, I think if you're still working on HC Spine, the boost from Elemental Mastery is still a decent amount of burst DPS. But, I think thats what Blizz intended. We should be able to switch back and forth depending on the fight.

Deleted
    I hope Ask Mr.Robot will be updated for 5.0.4. It's a great basic tool.
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2012-08-27 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Dr. -> Mr.

I don't play Enhance as my main, so forgive the ignorance. Does this mean Hit is off the table above cap now? Only Hit/Exp to yellow cap (which does spell hit also), and then we're no longer interested in going above the 7.5% for white hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sionil View Post
    I don't play Enhance as my main, so forgive the ignorance. Does this mean Hit is off the table above cap now? Only Hit/Exp to yellow cap (which does spell hit also), and then we're no longer interested in going above the 7.5% for white hits?
    Pretty much.

You still need your spell hit cap (15%), but Expertise also gives spell hit.

That means you get 7.5% from Hit, and 7.5% from Expertise. So it's the best of all worlds in the idea that you get everything you need from your 'basic' caps.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    Doesn't come out like that for me. Correctly reforged to the new exp and hit caps and reforging as much as possible to mastery my stat scale factors are:

agi: 4.17
    mas: 2.35
    crit: 2.18
    haste: 2.13

IF you sim a character with incorrect reforging then you get the skewed weights in the ej thread.

note: with simcraft 504-6
    It doesn't work that way.

You used a profile with a maxed mastery and ended up with mastery being the better stat.
    Pyrdon (on EJ) used a profile with a maxed haste rating and ended up with haste being the better stat.

Neither of you are wrong because for the profile you simmed, you got those statweights. Now what you should do to be "correct" is to sim both a mastery and a haste setup and see what gives you the most damage (and preferably post the numbers).

And even then you're looking at 2 "extremes", it might be possible that a balanced setup might end up better. That's the whole problem of statweights that you sim when 2 stats are close to each other and like to hop over each other. Especially with the new talent system which leads to the fact that certain talents, favor certain stats.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

If I reforge with stacked haste, mastery has the highest weight.

Deleted
    Disclaimer: I'm not a simmer or deep analyst of class mechanics but...

Is there any internal cooldown on Flurry? If not, isn't it possible with a high crit rating to nearly always have a 30% haste buff on your attacks? What is the potential haste % you can achieve through itemization?

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 01:05 PM ----------

Disclaimer: I'm not a simmer or deep analyst of class mechanics but...

Is there any internal cooldown on Flurry? If not, isn't it possible with a high crit rating to nearly always have a 30% haste buff on your attacks? What is the potential haste % you can achieve through itemization?

Well if Heroic Starcatcher Compass is taking lead over Heroic Vial, wouldn't that mean stack haste on myself? Or Haste just took that much of a jump and is directly behind mastery and crit is really far back.

Yeah, I'm really at a loss as to what I'm going to do today. If I take Echo of the Elements, should I reforge everything to Haste? If I reforge haste, should I pull out my Morningstar of Heroic Will since my mastery will be down in the dumps?

A question about simming/reforging your gear.

What is the ideal circumstances to "sim" from? Would you clear all your reforging, import and then sim? Or reforge to just your hit/exp caps and then sim? If I reforged to favor Mastery, my sim could result with Haste coming higher (since I lack it on my gear). But if I were reforge to favor Haste, could sim results flip and now favor Mastery (since now I lack a lot of it on my gear)?