There is no restriction of free speech in GW2

When you finish typing what you say and hit enter.. the chat box doesn't tell you your message cannot be seen by the community within reading distance; They see it just fine.

Freedom of speech is all over the world.

-You can walk near Russian government officials and state expletives about Putin.
    -You can go up to hardline-muslim leaders and explain how the quran is completely wrong in regards to women and their rights.
    -You can even walk up to a nicely toned heterosexual male who cares more about his self image & respect then a bit of police confrontation & potential jail time and state how he can drop down on all fours and experience some true d.

Nothing prevents you from saying what you want. You only deal with the cost of saying it.

jail time for putin
    torture (or worse) for dissenting islamic beliefs
    a serving of apple sauce for an extended period of time as your jaw recovers from 'that guy'

Some people are willing to pay those prices because they believe strongly in what they say.. Nothing wrong with that.

Now comes along a simple little game in the '1st world problems' side of the planet and there's individuals arguing about the cost to say what they would like to say? Pretty sure they're getting quite the deal: Be an asshole/abuser/bully to some other complete human being and you only have to pay 72 hours of your time within the community for it (or maybe 60 dollars if there was more then 1 person you had to give a piece of your mind to over a game). If you got the time and/or $, who's stopping you? I would rather put down 60 dollars occasionally to be a dick then suffer bodily harm and a hospital bill.

The only individuals arguing against GW2 stance aren't arguing cause of some faux idea of not being able to say what they want to say.. trust me you already said it; They're arguing cause they're cheap. They come from a background where it's the norm to pay little to nothing consequence-wise for what you say (ie. internet). Look around you, cause that lack of cost happens no where else in the world.

And as an ending note, take consideration if you believe the internet will always be the safe haven to do whatever comes out of your brain. Your extreme 'let anything go' attitude will only feed fuel to the other extreme 'censor the shit outta them.' Several laws been struck down to higher the consequence cost of what you say over the interwebs... but what was once only a small voice is growing significantly with time. How many troll/bully/suicide/whatever cases do they need under their belt before they do end up passing laws and then everyone suffers censorship? I'm not saying it's going to happen.. but I sure as hell would be pissed if I couldn't say "that was fucking hard" to my friends in the future because 10 years ago a group of people felt the need to tell everyone to go diaf. Both extreme sides are wrong. Accept balance with a twinge of common sense.

Two things I would like to point your attention to before closing this thread:

1. http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines
    2. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-chat-censored

Also be very careful with political and religious content in your posts, guys.

-- Fencers