Post 5.0.4 Affliction PVP

I know the BG's are a little crazy right now with everyone checking out thier new specs, but I played affliction in pvp last night and this morning, and was getting my azz kicked. Felt like I had no survivability and wasn't getting the damage everyone seems to be saying they are getting on affliction.
    I am poppin my dots then haunt, extending my dot timers with FF then MG, and I am hit capped for pvp.

Am I just pickin this up slow or are others having the same problems I am having?

Deleted
    I feel like an absolut tank on my lock

Dotting when i can to keep up pressure, then just harvest life ftw... Shitty way to make it work, but its kinda cool

Harvest life is pretty silly right now, I wouldn't be surprised if that got nerfed. Aff has great damage but suffers once your defensive cds are down, melee will roll right over you after that.

Thats exactly what is going on with me...faceroll after I use my def Cd's. Hard losing a fear with the new spec especially when it is one of your core defensive abilities. I haven't been using harvest much since I have probably been too focused on figuring out MG and DS for shard management. And thanks for not turning this into an 'Affliction sucks' thread. Hopefully we can keep this thread constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Thats exactly what is going on with me...faceroll after I use my def Cd's. Hard losing a fear with the new spec especially when it is one of your core defensive abilities. I haven't been using harvest much since I have probably been too focused on figuring out MG and DS for shard management. And thanks for not turning this into an 'Affliction sucks' thread. Hopefully we can keep this thread constructive.
    Aff and Destro are both quite good/fun right now.....they are just all or nothing, how wrath Rogues used to be. You are immortal when you chain your cds, and insta dead when you cant. That really is my only complaint about the class right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Aff and Destro are both quite good/fun right now.....they are just all or nothing, how wrath Rogues used to be. You are immortal when you chain your cds, and insta dead when you cant. That really is my only complaint about the class right now.
    I am thinkin' this will be corrected somewhat when we have demonic gateway, then we can have the 2 fears, portal and gateway to keep the traditional dot dot fear run like hell playstyle of the lock going lol

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    I am thinkin' this will be corrected somewhat when we have demonic gateway, then we can have the 2 fears, portal and gateway to keep the traditional dot dot fear run like hell playstyle of the lock going lol
    Problem with gateway is it's like a 6 second cast, so its impossible to put down in a fight...maybe you can get it at the beginning of an arena or something. I really hope they lower its cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Problem with gateway is it's like a 6 second cast, so its impossible to put down in a fight...maybe you can get it at the beginning of an arena or something. I really hope they lower its cast time.
    Soulburn Demonic Gateway could be cool too.

@OP - Affliction is just fine, the survival is there you just have to spec for it. Also the shield we have on CD is insane (forgot the name of it, surrounds the warlock with a skull looking animation), it adds so much survival.

Play around with it some more, you will get it.