Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warrior Solo after 5.0.4

So guys, who tried soloing content after the patch yet? I have to share this moment, finally solo'd Onyxia 10 as fury warrior
    (Yeah I know a prot already solo'd it before but that's prot, now I bet they can solo even greater things, more interested in fury/arms soloing...)

Would love to know what people have done so far and what interesting stuff we can solo now!
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2012-08-30 at 08:07 PM.

I haven't yet, what did you do, take second wind and stay sub 35% the whole fight?

A warrior soloed onyxia as fury before the patch. You can find the video on youtube.

Anyway I used to kill hydross in SSC before the patch as SMF with souldrinkers and used to kill him with 40-50% hp. I did it as Prot post patch and killed him with 90% of my hp left.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    A warrior soloed onyxia as fury before the patch. You can find the video on youtube.

Anyway I used to kill hydross in SSC before the patch as SMF with souldrinkers and used to kill him with 40-50% hp. I did it as Prot post patch and killed him with 90% of my hp left.
    I was able to kill him on my prot. Warrior pre 5.0.4 without falling under 95%. Just use your DPS gear as Prot = win.

Hey all, I was hoping someone would ask this question. Before the patch I was going through BWL AQ40 using Ouro on C'Thun, Hyjal, 3/4 Tk, 5/6 SSC, and parts of Naxx 10. I did AQ40 this week and with second wind the emps became a lot easier. BWL has become impossible again because without blood frenzy the adds just destroy Razorgore. I tried Kael and he is still a challenge for me but I can get him into p4 much easier than before.

I had a prot and fury spec set up for soloing but with this new patch; I am trying to figure it out again. Anyone else having trouble with bosses they had on farm before the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by ciym View Post
    Hey all, I was hoping someone would ask this question. Before the patch I was going through BWL AQ40 using Ouro on C'Thun, Hyjal, 3/4 Tk, 5/6 SSC, and parts of Naxx 10. I did AQ40 this week and with second wind the emps became a lot easier. BWL has become impossible again because without blood frenzy the adds just destroy Razorgore. I tried Kael and he is still a challenge for me but I can get him into p4 much easier than before.

I had a prot and fury spec set up for soloing but with this new patch; I am trying to figure it out again. Anyone else having trouble with bosses they had on farm before the patch?
    Well honestly Kael'thas is still very annoying for me (used to kill him before), he turned both easier (adds part) and harder (our interrupt has much longer CD now, very painful on phase 4...) but I still managed to get him down last night, if you need a guide how, feel free to ask Overall he is easier rather than harder because I didn't need all the drums and such buffs to beat him nor having a really annoying bandage tactic as well :P

I haven't yet, what did you do, take second wind and stay sub 35% the whole fight?
    Well that too but Onyxia can also zerg you down even while you have that talent but yes I used it, popped die by the sword and nuked her as hard as I can, then when I dropped to like 30k HP, I try heroic leap away and kite her as much as possible (20% faster movement while enraged helps a bit if you went for that glyph) and then you get back to around 60k again, dps her a bit, then again try to kite your best, same for phase 3, phase 2 is extremely easy to handle but takes quite long... its nice to jump below onyxia and use dragon roar, hits her quite hard and if you WW the adds, you gain the RB buff so try to also get enraged on one of the adds by using the CD or BT and hit one of them, it hits Onyxia as well which helps getting her down much faster :P

Some bosses in Ulduar might be easier, some bugged or not adjusted:
    Hodir should be easier if you have def-cds for his frozen blows (SW, barrier).
    The conservator in the freya encounter was bugged on Beta. You didn't lose the pacify debuff if you weren't under those mushrooms 100% of the time.
    Vezax turned out to be impossible with 15 secs interupt CD and only ~10 secs lockout.
    Mimiron normal mode should be possible.

Depending on the solo performance of arms/fury Gluth (Naxx10) should finally be farmable.
    Kael can be annoying if you get to many rend stacks from Thaladred (bandage time) like kazlofski mentioned.
    Vashj can wait until lvl90. Same goes for RoS (BT).

If you can counter every Infest at LK nhc 10man, he should be doable. Heard from Cathaluss (EU-Eredar) that he managed to get to first transition before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Well honestly Kael'thas is still very annoying for me (used to kill him before), he turned both easier (adds part) and harder (our interrupt has much longer CD now, very painful on phase 4...) but I still managed to get him down last night, if you need a guide how, feel free to ask Overall he is easier rather than harder because I didn't need all the drums and such buffs to beat him nor having a really annoying bandage tactic as well :P
    I managed to get him to p5 today, but wiped at 7% due to the vapors and me being greedy trying to kill him before another gravity lapse ( staying in too long) I went arms because I was using Gurthhak and the Cheiftains axe as fury and the tentacle acted like a pet; I kept getting mc'ed and the fight reset. Furthermore, I couldn't use some of my abilities with one weapon as fury ( tried to avoid the mc and used only the axe as fury). I have though about going back to fury and doing single-minded set up using the soul drinker, but I'm not a 100% sold on it.

Are you using the staff in p4 to avoid arcane disrupt? Also with the vapors being bugged atm are you just ranging him down in p5?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ciym; 2012-09-01 at 05:25 AM.

I managed to get him to p5 today, but wiped at 7% due to the vapors and me being greedy trying to kill him before another gravity lapse ( staying in too long) I went arms because I was using Gurthhak and the Cheiftains axe as fury and the tentacle acted like a pet; I kept getting mc'ed and the fight reset. Furthermore, I couldn't use some of my abilities with one weapon as fury ( tried to avoid the mc and used only the axe as fury). I have though about going back to fury and doing single-minded set up using the soul drinker, but I'm not a 100% sold on it.

Are you using the staff in p4 to avoid arcane disrupt? Also with the vapors being bugged atm are you just ranging him down in p5?

Thanks!
    Yeah I wasn't using gurthalak but 2 410 weapons (ESS and ataraxis) and the main solution to arcane disrupt in phases 4 and 5 are using a pvp trinket (pick the one with lots of crit as it's the best stat of course) and in phase 5 the vapors kinda travel around the room or follow Kael'thas, not really sure... but I took him to a place they weren't at, around a corner was nice so he ran to me quickly and nuked him down while interrupting (obviously take disrupting shout for more interrupting) and trinket helped against annoying arcane disrupts, but they key is to be patient and not losing it on the last few % by wanting to nuke it down and ignoring interrupts and such stuff, if needed, take him afterwards to another spot without those vapors and continue as usual.

Yeah I wasn't using gurthalak but 2 410 weapons (ESS and ataraxis) and the main solution to arcane disrupt in phases 4 and 5 are using a pvp trinket (pick the one with lots of crit as it's the best stat of course) and in phase 5 the vapors kinda travel around the room or follow Kael'thas, not really sure... but I took him to a place they weren't at, around a corner was nice so he ran to me quickly and nuked him down while interrupting (obviously take disrupting shout for more interrupting) and trinket helped against annoying arcane disrupts, but they key is to be patient and not losing it on the last few % by wanting to nuke it down and ignoring interrupts and such stuff, if needed, take him afterwards to another spot without those vapors and continue as usual.
    I finally got him this morning. The vapors are bugged and will not despawn; the only choice is to kite him away. I used both the trinket and staff. Thank you for the advice. Onto Naxx to finish up my missing bosses

I finally got him this morning. The vapors are bugged and will not despawn; the only choice is to kite him away. I used both the trinket and staff. Thank you for the advice. Onto Naxx to finish up my missing bosses
    No problem and now I see that second wind was nerfed from 3% to 2% per second.... Sigh until we finally can have fun, blizzard just has to nerf it instantly because bad pvpers cry and can't play properly...

No problem and now I see that second wind was nerfed from 3% to 2% per second.... Sigh until we finally can have fun, blizzard just has to nerf it instantly because bad pvpers cry and can't play properly...
    I saw that too D: but I did notice that it wasn't nerfed from the outside bg screenshot; may be it is only in bgs? At least I hope it is. I hate to see the talent get nerfed because of pvp.

I saw that too D: but I did notice that it wasn't nerfed from the outside bg screenshot; may be it is only in bgs? At least I hope it is. I hate to see the talent get nerfed because of pvp.
    I wish it would be 2% only in BGs as well, keeping it 3% would be really epic, especially come level 90 with all the gear, can only hope...

EDIT: It is so! I had 3%, joined a BG and saw 2%, went out again - 3% woohoo!
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2012-09-01 at 03:14 PM.

I wish it would be 2% only in BGs as well, keeping it 3% would be really epic, especially come level 90 with all the gear, can only hope...

EDIT: It is so! I had 3%, joined a BG and saw 2%, went out again - 3% woohoo!
    Interesting, Blizz is separating pvp and pve talents. Oh well as long as they don't mess with my pve

Interesting, Blizz is separating pvp and pve talents. Oh well as long as they don't mess with my pve
    About time they would do that if you ask me... I never bothered trying much before but at least I can solo slabhide normal now for the mount in stonecore :P
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2012-09-01 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The less PVP stuff negatively affects PVE the better and vice versa.

Still, think it's BS though.

As for me, I tried and managed to solo Satharion 10 with 3 drakes on the beta, but I don't know if I could do it now.
    But I will try next week. Pluss I did the two first bosses in ICC 10 aswell. Couldn't get past the boat since I didn't get anyone to help me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kramer View Post
    As for me, I tried and managed to solo Satharion 10 with 3 drakes on the beta, but I don't know if I could do it now.
    But I will try next week. Pluss I did the two first bosses in ICC 10 aswell. Couldn't get past the boat since I didn't get anyone to help me with it.
    Sarth 3d with lvl90? It's complete faceroll.
    The first two ICC10 bosses can be soloed since 4.3
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2012-09-01 at 09:34 PM.

I've been loving our new solo capabilities, starting to feel like a DK for once!
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?