Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

GW2 has done something that I've been missing (not what you think)

Background:
    I married wonderful woman almost 8 years ago now. The more I got to know her the more I loved. So as to try and keep this shorter, she's an awesome singer and musician(used to sing for Disney believe it or not), she grew up on a farm so dirt bike, ATV's and all the livestock are all things she enjoys to do. BUT, about 6 months into marriage, I found out she loves reading fantasy books which I thought was awesome. Many times on the weekends we would go out to a movie and dinner, but spend the rest of the time, me gaming and her laying on the couch reading, wonderful. Well, I switched to WoW about a year after it released convinced her to start playing (she started at WotLK and she really enjoyed it).

Sadly, about a month after Cata released she stopped playing. She just didn't like that expac, and I didn't either to be honest so I quit shortly after she did. I got into Rift for about 2 months. Tried to get her into it, she tried it, didn't like it stopped playing. I tried to get her into SWTOR, I loved it, she is not a Scifi person at all. I tried to get her into Tera, she couldn't stand how "unclothed" the females were but didn't mind me playing. To be honest, I missed gaming with her, a lot.

Preset:
    So I've been playing SWTOR, I really like it, but have been anxiously awaiting GW2. I played the 2nd closed beta event and knew I would enjoy it. It not having a sub made it even better because I could keep playing SWTOR whenever I wanted. So, I bought GW2 last night, and while I was downloading, my wife came over, bringing me coffee, asking what game I was downloading. I told her and proceeded to show her some videos and gameplay of it, screenshots, etc. She fell in love with the Artistic design.

So all this to say, GW2 has brought me wife and best friend back into gaming. I had a blast duo'ing with her in WotLK, missed it so much. So now, once the kids are in bed, we're at it again where we're both new to the game. She's loving it, I love it even more with her playing.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    This is such a nice thing to hear, it warmed my mushy, girly heart!

My BF and I both played WoW and quit at the same time in Cata, he would play his games and I would play mine but it was kinda sad that we didn't have a game to play and enjoy together. Since GW2 has come out we're both really loving it. It's nice to have common interests and something you can share and discuss with each other. I don't pick up things as quickly as him so it's nice to ask him questions and he can assist me and help me improve my character and get more out of the game. (It took him telling me I had money to collect off the heart mails for me to figure out why I couldn't delete them lol)

I'm really pleased you're both enjoying the game as well, happy days
    Last edited by mmocecbb5aff6b; 2012-08-30 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typos

I was going to write something like "Can I clone your wife?" but.. nah, ain't gonna happen.
    It seems that your wife is a wonderful person! Let the happy marriage be with you.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Right on man! I know the feeling my wife never much cared for SWTOR and so we stopped gaming together after WoW but she loves Gw2 as well! We have been having a blast playing together again. GW2, bring gaming couples together again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like my fiancee and I, but switched! I know what you mean, we played CoH and SWTOR together, but he's not a big MMO guy, and I definitely missed our gaming time together (although we're pretty busy so free time for both of us is hard to come by). He wasn't initially interested in GW2, but after reading an Ars review and hearing me rave about it, he might cave
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    That's like my fiancee and I, but switched! I know what you mean, we played CoH and SWTOR together, but he's not a big MMO guy, and I definitely missed our gaming time together (although we're pretty busy so free time for both of us is hard to come by). He wasn't initially interested in GW2, but after reading an Ars review and hearing me rave about it, he might cave
    Well, lets hope he will.

Also, thank you all for the replies. I know there are couples playing, but it's cool to have people on here reply that they enjoy playing together also. Funny, as a married man, there are times when I tell me wife that I can't wait for the kids to get in bed. She of course knows the meaning of that and just smiles. Now, I can add another reason for wanting the kids in bed
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

The game isn't out long. Lets see how long before she quits

Not productive, at all. Please refrain from being and ass. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-30 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Flamebait much?

One of the beauties about GW2 is that if you do quit, you can always come back anytime you want without filling in your credit card number and feeling left behind because your gear is sub-standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Lets not de-rail a nice thread please.

I showed GW2 to my girlfriend (which is not very keen about this kind of games). That was a big mistake I feel like I lost both my computer and my girl

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Background:
    I married wonderful woman almost 8 years ago now. The more I got to know her the more I loved. So as to try and keep this shorter, she's an awesome singer and musician(used to sing for Disney believe it or not), she grew up on a farm so dirt bike, ATV's and all the livestock are all things she enjoys to do. BUT, about 6 months into marriage, I found out she loves reading fantasy books which I thought was awesome. Many times on the weekends we would go out to a movie and dinner, but spend the rest of the time, me gaming and her laying on the couch reading, wonderful. Well, I switched to WoW about a year after it released convinced her to start playing (she started at WotLK and she really enjoyed it).

Sadly, about a month after Cata released she stopped playing. She just didn't like that expac, and I didn't either to be honest so I quit shortly after she did. I got into Rift for about 2 months. Tried to get her into it, she tried it, didn't like it stopped playing. I tried to get her into SWTOR, I loved it, she is not a Scifi person at all. I tried to get her into Tera, she couldn't stand how "unclothed" the females were but didn't mind me playing. To be honest, I missed gaming with her, a lot.

Preset:
    So I've been playing SWTOR, I really like it, but have been anxiously awaiting GW2. I played the 2nd closed beta event and knew I would enjoy it. It not having a sub made it even better because I could keep playing SWTOR whenever I wanted. So, I bought GW2 last night, and while I was downloading, my wife came over, bringing me coffee, asking what game I was downloading. I told her and proceeded to show her some videos and gameplay of it, screenshots, etc. She fell in love with the Artistic design.

So all this to say, GW2 has brought me wife and best friend back into gaming. I had a blast duo'ing with her in WotLK, missed it so much. So now, once the kids are in bed, we're at it again where we're both new to the game. She's loving it, I love it even more with her playing.
    Beautiful I hope you 2 have some adventurous times together.

That is awesome to hear, me and my wife have been playing duel rangers together and it has been a blast for the both of us. This is her first MMO and she is very pleased with it, she could never get into wow or it's many clones because of the stale combat and no real feel of your character as everything was a % base action sequence. I thank Arena Net full heartily for making a wonderful game that lets us game together.

Deleted
    @Mafao
    lol, thats how my BF got me into WoW originally. He got so sick of not beng able to get onto his PC he built me my own and paid the 1st month of my new account for me :P
    I feel for you and your pockets

Edit: Duh, hit reply and not reply with quote >.<
    Last edited by mmocecbb5aff6b; 2012-08-30 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    I showed GW2 to my girlfriend (which is not very keen about this kind of games). That was a big mistake I feel like I lost both my computer and my girl
    Same boat man. She's never really been into MMO's too much. But now I'm stuck on her base Dell laptop, while she's on the gaming rig at highest settings with the 29'' screen and naga mouse. Someone come tame this woman!

Same here, couldn't get them to bite on WoW, which didn't bother me much since I had grown tired of it several times as well, but they really liked SWToR and now likes GW2, nice graphics really help to get the interest peaked. Pretty fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adorable thread, so romantic Happy to hear both love it, and not surprised, gw2 is quite gorgeous and full of colors. And avatars are so beautiful too. What char she made? And you?
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-08-30 at 10:56 PM.

If I show the game to my wife, I'm afraid she'll spend hours in the character builder (and not play all that much)... Still probably worth the risk...

Good for you my man, the same story is with me and my girl, we quit like halfway through Cata. But SHE DOESN'T FUCKIN HAVE WINDOWS MAN MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And her mac is weak for Gwars. I'll be a good bf and build her a comp tho !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 brought back some of that "worldly" feeling I got, and loved, in early WoW. They rely on "Dynamic Events" too much, in my opinion, but after being lead around by the nose in Cata and TOR it is a very welcome change.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.