Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So wait I pay 60 dollars for a game and get 50+ hours thru one class to the max level. I can put it down and come back whenever I want and not have to worry about resubbing. Lots of exploration, social, and other mmo things to do. Thats more gameplay than I will get out of the 60 dollars I payed to beat ME3, GoW, and just about any other game Id pay 60 dollars for.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Thanks for the info everyone, i couldnt find any of this until now. The legendaries are an interesting concept, and im starting to see now that probably pvp is the primary endgame, which is fine. Was just curious about the pve side of it.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Inb4 people tell you to stop rushing.

Anyway, there's uhm Hard Mode Dungeons I believe and... PvPing for cosmetic kit. This I presume is the part where the "the whole game is endgame" thing begins to bite them in the arse.
    Can you please stop posting in the guild wars 2 section

All the post I've seen you make just seem to be trashing the game and half the stuff that comes from you makes no sense. Just like now
    We get it you don't like GW2, go away

15+ Year Old Account
    End game players are a big part of the MMO community.
    Raiders are one of the most active parts of the community, but they are not the largest part by far. As Drake mentioned, not even 10% of the WoW population raids seriously, and even when they implemented LFR, that number didn't jump a lot. Some people just don't like to raid period, and making it more accessible didn't turn more people onto it.

As far as "end game players" why yes, pretty much everyone who is at cap level is considered as doing end game. But end game is NOT raiding. End game is defined as anything you can do at cap, which GW2 has a lot of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragenerdz View Post
    End game players are a big part of the MMO community. I figured they would do something like "rare events" which would work like Hardmode raid bosses in other MMO's, but obviously there would only be 1 or 2 bosses, not actual raids, just really hard events that people can compete to complete first with. That is a big part of the community that won't stick around or won't play at all.

In my opinion, adding raids to the game would just make it that much more epic and it would bring a much larger player base to the game.
    End game players suffer from the idea of end-game to begin with, and this is largely brought on by game companies that design level systems and hurdles for players that wind up purposefully feeling like it's all rather secondary. Not to sound like some sort of rampant fanboy of GW2, as I do have my own criticisms of this game, but there's absolutely nothing nagging me to rush through this game, partially because I know there's nothing really 'waiting' for me. The game truly is immediate.

SW:ToR also was 'sort of' successful in this, but even there you had end game pvp waiting for you, so there seemed to always be a sense of wanting to get through the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redheal View Post
    Can you please stop posting in the guild wars 2 section

All the post I've seen you make just seem to be trashing the game and half the stuff that comes from you makes no sense. Just like now
    We get it you don't like GW2, go away
    I'm pretty neutral actually. I don't think it's a bad game, I don't think it's great either. Just because I don't sing from the high heavens how it's the greatest MMO forged from the cross of the true Christ whilst passive-aggressively defending it from "haters". I've got as much right to post here as you, Jim.

Im 56 with ~45% map completion, and frankly so far i fail to see what the endgame would be like.
    Dungeons were... nothing special, sadly. As in, really nothing special. WvWvW is (my personal opinion) very stupidly made, and thus ruins any chance of actually having fun. Collecting is decent i guess, but you dont need to be 80 for that.

Frankly the only thing i am looking forward is fighting the dragons.

... Oh wait, i mean "was" looking, im perma'd. Oh well, back to minecraft.

Edit: just so people dont think im anti-fanboy. I loved the playstyle, i enjoyed the graphics and the world, and i liked the game itself. I just think its far from polished, and while some of its features are great, others arent. Like endgame.

Then again, its been out for... 3 days? Kinda early for endgame anyway.
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2012-08-31 at 02:40 AM.
    We dream, we dream.

Not 80 yet but I know one thing. Whatever there is to do at 80 it has to be more fun sitting in Org/Stormwind all day long. Which is why I have no clue why everyone on the official WoW forums is so quick to point out theres nothing to do at max level when talking about this game. Cause theres so much to do in WoW at max level? They have ONE raid and act like they have more endgame than every MMO combined.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-31 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Im 56 with ~45% map completion, and frankly so far i fail to see what the endgame would be like.
    Dungeons were... nothing special, sadly. As in, really nothing special. WvWvW is (my personal opinion) very stupidly made, and thus ruins any chance of actually having fun. Collecting is decent i guess, but you dont need to be 80 for that.

Frankly the only thing i am looking forward is fighting the dragons.

... Oh wait, i mean "was" looking, im perma'd. Oh well, back to minecraft.

Edit: just so people dont think im anti-fanboy. I loved the playstyle, i enjoyed the graphics and the world, and i liked the game itself. I just think its far from polished, and while some of its features are great, others arent. Like endgame.

Then again, its been out for... 3 days? Kinda early for endgame anyway.
    56 is not too far either, you expect wvw to be massive? first of all the trade system is not yet implemented, once it gets rolling you can start expecting teams with deep strategies

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's worth noting that if you've done everything you care to do, there's no harm in not playing for a while and coming back later. There's no subscription fee, so you can always take a break.
    This. /thread.

Loving that $60 commitment!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    This. /thread.

Loving that $60 commitment!
    Emphasis on the "coming back later" part, though. :3
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    So.. what IS there to do at 80 in gw2?
    Preparing yourself for the next big exploit. And plan something for the 3 days you MIGHT get suspended IF caught.

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    Preparing yourself for the next big exploit. And plan something for the 3 days you MIGHT get suspended IF caught.

enjoy
    Is looting the same jumping puzzle chest every 2-3 mins an exploit?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-31 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena net have much more in store for Orr the zone as PvE content designed specifically for level 80 however they did say they haven't implemented much of it yet and will be focussing on launch issues for the first few weeks. From there they stated their plan was after initial bugs and launch is over they will roll out their Orr content and start implementing their stealth updates as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    Holy crap, you mean you can just chill out and do whatever you actually want with your friends and have it be relevant? Why do people ask these questions?

People still play chess, scrabble, countless other games that don't evolve, because, oh, I don't know, it's social, enjoyable, relaxing, and so on..

If you want progress, every few weeks get a bit of paper and stick it on your screen next to your level and pretend it increased, maybe photoshop on a few extra 0s to each damage count
    I dont play chess, scrabble, board games, etc. Many people dont play those. They are, well, quite boring.

Why are you so riled up about ppl asking competitive pve or raids or whatever end game? If you enjoy the game as it is, why are you even here and not in the game?

Doing the same shit for 80 levels and then for end game, keep doing it forever is not fun, social or relaxing. It's repetitive and boring. People want fun, whats so wrong with that? Isn't it a game, after all; it is assumed it should be fun, not boring.
    Last edited by killidan; 2012-08-31 at 04:06 AM.

You sit back and complain on the forums that you have nothing to do.

Honestly though, that's where the "endgame starts at level 1" stuff gets old. Get a good PvP team and join tournaments, or just play casually.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The only thing that keeps me interested at end game is PvP and with 3 styles (5 man tournament, 8v8 hop in and WvW) I'm pretty happy.

I will of course want to get the coolest items, max cooking etc.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 04:08 AM ----------

Oh and I never played GW1 but wasnt there some form of Guild versus Guild? New features in the future I'm looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Not 80 yet but I know one thing. Whatever there is to do at 80 it has to be more fun sitting in Org/Stormwind all day long. Which is why I have no clue why everyone on the official WoW forums is so quick to point out theres nothing to do at max level when talking about this game. Cause theres so much to do in WoW at max level? They have ONE raid and act like they have more endgame than every MMO combined.
    To be fair, most of the answers to this question are essentially "do everything" (explore, sPVP, WvWvW, craft, run instances, do Dynamic Events, etc).

If you gave the same answer for WoW, you would have more content. There's only one "current" raid right now, but if you take that GW2 approach, there's really much more than that to do:

- Explore all the zones on all the continents
    - Run a ton of dungeons, many of which have a heroic mode
    - Run a ton of raids, old and new
    - Level up Alliance and Horde characters to experience different quests
    - Level up one of every class and learn to play every spec
    - Learn all the professions and all the possible specializations
    - Collect all the mounts
    - Collect all the pets
    - Complete all the achievements
    - Do battleground PVP (ranked and unranked)
    - Do arena PVP
    - RP
    - Collect gear to transmog your gear to look the way you like
    - etc, etc, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that, in WoW, most of that stuff just doesn't work out to be very fun. Trust me, I tried - Molten Front from day one, grinding those dailies every day, for a good month or two... and getting a little transformation item with a long CD. :| Blizzard puts the primary focus of their development into current tier raiding.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-31 at 05:25 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's worth noting that if you've done everything you care to do, there's no harm in not playing for a while and coming back later. There's no subscription fee, so you can always take a break.
    This, a million times. There is a lot of different things to do in the game, but I'd imagine most people would agree with you if you said that taking on the massive quest of getting 100% zone completion on all zones would get tedious. I think that playing until you're bored with it, and then coming back a few days/weeks/months later and picking back up on zone completion or pvp is a very realistic scenario. This game has a lot of different measuring sticks that monitor your progress. Maxing out all of them is going to take a very long time, probably longer than it takes AN to release more content. I think most of us 'hardcore' mmo players focus so hard on the end goal that it prevents us from enjoying the journey. I'm trying hard to not do that, and it's making the game much more enjoyable.