Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    [QUOTE=DrakeWurrum;18242150]
    The controls aren't clunky. Everything so far has felt very fluid and fast-paced in actual gameplay. The "walking through mud" feel just refers to how painfully slow characters seem to run, which I do think needs to be addressed./QUOTE]

I'd agree with this. I think the 10% speed buff that some classes get would be a good default speed for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I feel like speed needs just needs to be increased by 25% across the board.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I am concerned with are the tactics of the PvE endcontent. I have run Ascalon Catacombs Storymode, Caudecus Storymode and one Exploreable mode route and defeated the Shadow Elemental in Queensdale and today The Shatterer.

The Dungeons are at the moment pretty fucked up. The first one is much harder then the second one and the tactics are also not really... different for any mob. As a Melee you are fucked anyways at the moment and trashpacks seem to be harder then most of the bosses because there are more.

As for the bis outside bosses... Shadow Elemental and The Shatterer were exactly the same and piss easy. Avoid the AoE spam and kill the adds which die in seconds because of the Zerg. If every "big endcontent evet" is like this PvE looks pretty grim.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It had fairly... mediocre exploration at first. There was stuff to find, but it was just kind of "Oh cool, this statue is here!" You'd never see a completely random bad-ass event that triggers specifically when you kneel before said statue. Maybe you'll find random NPCs there giving some lore-text.

After a while, though, they stopped hiding even THOSE things, and everything got found anyways. Then the world got blown up by Deathwing, and now there's no hidden things at all.
    The kind of exploration I was into in WoW was reaching hidden and forbidden places without hacking. I remember getting under Stormwind and running to Dun Morogh, over very wierd and pixely mountains and everything was just so wierd and jacky. That kind of stuff is still there, but mostly involve instances now as there are flying mounts everywhere now.

And this is one of the main reasons I love Guild Wars 2 so much, there's so much to explore. And the jumping puzzles reminds me of the wall jumping in old WoW, it's so nostalgic and amazing.

I also predict that people will find out how to get out of zones and walk into non instanced zones. That will be excitening too but ArenaNet seems to be very strict with their rules so I might just observe others perform it.

Anyway, this thread isn't about WoW but I just wanted to add that exploration(both what you're allowed to do and what you're not) might become a thing for some people.
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-09-02 at 12:40 PM.