Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They want people to go shockadin for dps, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, im convinced that the balance roller coaster is absolutely iconic to ret. If blizzard didnt jerk us all over the place I would feel like something was seriously missing. Its even sweeter watching them buff ice lance at the same time. I actually enjoy it now, its a great comedy. Im going to call it, crusader strike will be at 70% weapon damage next patch... we will be compensated with slightly more burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    At this point, im convinced that the balance roller coaster is absolutely iconic to ret. If blizzard didnt jerk us all over the place I would feel like something was seriously missing. Its even sweeter watching them buff ice lance at the same time. I actually enjoy it now, its a great comedy. Im going to call it, crusader strike will be at 70% weapon damage next patch... we will be compensated with slightly more burst damage.
    I think I love you on that comment alone XD. ..Deepfreeze into derplance for silly stupid levels of damage, and it gets buffed. ..Sounds "balanced" , don't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    ... we will be compensated with slightly more burst damage.
    "Hey Paladins! We heard you like cooldowns, so here's another cooldown so your DPS cools down while you're on cooldown!"
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bliz still hasn't forgiven us for Wrath I suppose . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Bliz still hasn't forgiven us for Wrath I suppose . . .
    Actually, it's not us with whom Blizz has a problem. It's this guy called "Bob" who works on the Dev Team; he happens to be the only person in the entire corporate entity that plays a Paladin. They listened to him - once - and the mages haven't shut up since.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    "Hey Paladins! We heard you like cooldowns, so here's another cooldown so your DPS cools down while you're on cooldown!"
    Holy shit that is the funniest thing I have seen on MMO ever.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy shit that is the funniest thing I have seen on MMO ever.
    Random stroke of caffeine-deficient genius; feel free to sig it, if you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was all carefully optimistic for 90. Careful, very carefully to say anything.

But, what on earth. DS didn't need the nerf.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-31 at 01:38 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Yeah God forbid that there should ever be a DPS not at the bottom get over it they're still middle of the road. Could be worse you could be SPriests, Balance, any spec of Hunter, 2 specs of Rogues, Arms Warriors, Ele Shamans, or Destro Locks. I'm sure they'd love to change places with you since all we are going off of is Simcraft numbers for perfect fights in a perfect world.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-08-31 at 01:25 AM.

Whenever I look at other class's nerfs lately, they're all very minor, whereas with Ret, the nerfs are bigger in comparison. Like "Premeditation lasting 2 seconds less from 20 to 18 seconds, oh my GOD it's the end of the world when that happens but we need to make a cut somewhere! Hey, an ~18% nerf to AOE? We can't do tha- oh wait, you're talking about Retribution. No objections."

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah God forbid that there should ever be a DPS not at the bottom get over it they're still middle of the road. Could be worse you could be SPriests, Balance, any spec of Hunter, 2 specs of Rogues, Arms Warriors, Ele Shamans, or Destro Locks. I'm sure they'd love to change places with you since all we are going off of is Simcraft numbers for perfect fights in a perfect world.
    Lmfao yeah Shadow Priests, Rogues and Locks are doing so terrible right now.

That was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Lmfao yeah Shadow Priests, Rogues and Locks are doing so terrible right now.

That was sarcasm.
    If you look blindly at simcraft numbers with no proof the same as everyone in this thread that has claimed the sky is falling on Ret then yes they are doing much worse. If you look at simcraft and know it doesn't have all then answers then this thread bitching and moaning wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-08-31 at 01:29 AM.

Blizz finally gives us a small, flickering candle in the tempest to place our hopes upon..three weeks till launch and we're cautiously optimistic of what may come, that we might see some glimmer of hope to actually not be just scrubbing the shoes of our betters, and I mean mages, cause god knows we've been their bitches since Wrath's one patch we saw our hayday... ..but no, it's all gone and washed away in one last glorious moment of rememberance that Ret was indeed looking to face a halfway acceptable release into a new expansion , that wouldn't have us trudging up shit river, naked , up to our chin in it and covered in racoon wounds (family guy reference, admit it you love it).

So of course that had to be remedied, by once more bending us over and taking it to us, unlubed, dipped in sand, ladden with rocks and broken glass and other fun things all studding said device of our torment..till they were sure they had gone through from one side till they struck light on the other.

Ka-sigh..

Actually, it's a roughly 2% nerf to ret. Not a sky is falling kind of situation by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Actually, it's a roughly 2% nerf to ret. Not a sky is falling kind of situation by any means.
    2% off everything, when we're already hurting as it is on beta on damage..and taking 35% off our AOE finisher , when our AOE is already pisspoor as it is

Happen to have any thoughts or good reasons why they'd rip 35% off the top of our finisher that we can't even cast more than one time every 3 globals, and in those three globals leading up to it when AOEing we can only use one other AOE type ability that already got ripped apart into a mere shadow of what it was in Cata..leaving 2 globals to be just single target attacks in an AOE situation, causing in 4 full globals for 2 to be AOE and 2 to be single target based when we're trying to AOE.

Just saying, if I there is AOE needing to be done I'd rather actually being AOEing the damn things..than just AOEing some of the time. If its going to be this 2 multi-2 single setup we have..our AOE from those two abilities, being HotR and DS..needs to be strong and able to compensate for the fact we don't have many options, or a constant option to turn to to pump out AOE-DPS like we did spamming DS back in wrath.

The problem with DS is that at 135% damage you could do unmitigated 184% weapon damage per target. Emphasis on unmitigated. This is especially a problem when ret is in possession of a cd that lets you do that every other GCD.

At 90 we'll also have potentially have Light's Hammer or Holy Prism, glyph of mass exo to add to HoTR, SoR, and DS.

25% nerf may have been a little sharp, but our AoE was definitely very strong before that nerf.
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-08-31 at 01:51 AM.

I'm convinced that whatever dps testing Blizzard is doing needs to be changed. Their system is obviously not working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you look blindly at simcraft numbers with no proof the same as everyone in this thread that has claimed the sky is falling on Ret then yes they are doing much worse. If you look at simcraft and know it doesn't have all then answers then this thread bitching and moaning wouldn't exist.
    I don't base it off simulationcraft, lol? I'm the one that tells people not to do that. Look at parses. I'm not going to go find them for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simcrafts are bullshit, in all 5-mans on beta, i have seen rets topping recount.
    And looking at first page, paladin community is so whiny and unpleasant =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Of course rets top 5 mans. Rets have really good burst. Doesn't mean our sustained is good though.