Thread: Gw1 to Gw2

Gw1 to Gw2

Iv played guild wars 1 and am very excited to start guild wars 2, but I have watched tons of videos and read many threads on the game and I feel as if it is so different to the point that I will start it and be completely lost and confused. Anyone that did the switch and could tell me how they felt starting this game would be very appreciated thank you
    P.s I am on vacation and won't be able to start playing until this Saturday

Never played GW1, but from what I've heard it's pretty much a completely different game aside from story and the world. But being completely new to this game, it's hasn't taken too long for me to get a good feel for it. It does take some learning like any new MMO.

Yes gw1 seemed to be easier, gw2 seems to be bigger scaled, and much more complicated which isnt a bad thing I am very excited.

naabee , i played a little bit of gw1 and me personaly the game was alright it wasnt my style but this . omg the feeling of being lost is a normal affect but its a great feeling its like you are being sucked into such a huge world that you can just go out and explore and it actually be worth your time doing things the combat is fast the pvp is just amazing between the wvw and the instance battle grounds theres so much time to be had . i would invite ya to my server to help ya out but we are slamed full atm

Quote Originally Posted by akredon View Post
    naabee , i played a little bit of gw1 and me personaly the game was alright it wasnt my style but this . omg the feeling of being lost is a normal affect but its a great feeling its like you are being sucked into such a huge world that you can just go out and explore and it actually be worth your time doing things the combat is fast the pvp is just amazing between the wvw and the instance battle grounds theres so much time to be had . i would invite ya to my server to help ya out but we are slamed full atm
    That's how I felt when I first played wow which was after years of gw1, but yes I am very excited for this and totally open to the change, And I will be starting Saturday so if it seems to open up by then I'll be glad to join you thank you for offering the help. So many years into gw1 sad to see it go though hahaha