Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason either arcane/rabid or cobra/Rabid isn't working. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckz View Post
    The best way to manage it in my opinion is to macro Rabid to BW and Lynx so its always being used. Definitely do not leave it on auto cast.

I would macro Blood Fury to BW so it would look like this.

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /use 10
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Blood Fury
    /Cast Bestial Wrath
    Thanks a lot!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    how much burst dps are you doing as BM ?

Ive heard people claiming the did 80k+ But i cannot see how thats possible, im 407 ilvl and I cant get past 44k for some reason and I refirge hit and exp 7.5%
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post

Ive heard people claiming the did 80k+ But i cannot see how thats possible, im 407 ilvl and I cant get past 44k for some reason and I refirge hit and exp 7.5%
    I peaked at roughly 112k in the beginning ~10 or so seconds on our Ultraxion kill last night (406 iLvl, BM). Burst doesn't mean a terrible lot though (usually) in PvE, as that is obviously far, far from achievable sustained damage. Dropped down to about 47k for a final DPS number, on a not particularly clean kill (lots of disabled DBMs due to the patch). And of course that's fully/nearly fully raid buffed (minus a flask and possibly a debuff, hard to be sure with all the changes) with time warp and all that. Not sure under what conditions you were getting the 80k+. So take it as you will.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2012-08-31 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    on a dummy im bursting 55k. on a boss withh full buffs i have gone up to 75k but thats the peak and is soon crashes back down to 43k. on baleroc i managed a cool 52k dps overall

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I peaked at roughly 112k in the beginning ~10 or so seconds on our Ultraxion kill last night (406 iLvl). Burst doesn't mean a terrible lot though (usually) in PvE, as that is obviously far, far from achievable sustained damage. Dropped down to about 47k for a final DPS number, on a not particularly clean kill (lots of disabled DBMs due to the patch). And of course that's fully/nearly fully raid buffed (minus a flask and possibly a debuff, hard to be sure with all the changes) with time warp and all that. Not sure under what conditions you were getting the 80k+. So take it as you will.

was that with BM? i cant get BM to work on ultra. my pet refuses to kill command or lynx rush :/

Yeah, BM. I was actually survival for our first failed attempt, because I suspected that KC/LR would not work from what I'd read here. Another hunter stayed BM and had no issues, so I swapped after the wipe. There was definitely some odd behavior, aka pets basically flying/falling/freaking out behind and below Ultra, but functionally there seemed to be no problems.

Logs here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=24806&e=25059

Now, Madness on the other hand, don't even try as BM. What a nightmare.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2012-08-31 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post

I'm at ilvl 403 at the moment and with cds I go up to 63k on Dummies, 37-40k steady dps

Gimleaf: No idea, those macros are all working fine for me and other people it seems, make sure you are copying them correctly.

Timoosewho: No problem, glad I could help!

Mission: I am easily bursting over 100 - 115k every fight and maintaining around 60k dps. I did not have the chance however to do Ultraxion as BM this week since when we did it KC was bugged, I will let you know how that goes when I get to do it. My survival dps on ultraxion went down but I believe that I mostly because I was using the 410 bow since I am forced to at the moment with my setup for BM and using it for hit and not having the 416 bow still since I took a break from raiding. If it matters I am only 405 equipped. Be sure you are not popping Rapid Fire and Bestial together, it is a major loss, pop them after each other, and do not let SS fall off, it takes some getting used to. I recommend doing some heroics to practice your burst, I actually did that not even joking and it helped me get used to it some.

Spiralphoenix: It is true, the burst is crazy maintaining it is the hard part. I finished at 60k on Warlord with a pretty messed up kill and having to switch more then I wanted, I also did 55 on Yorashj with no AoE phases....We decided to kill every black ooze for so reasson and Yes I was switching. BM is incredibly strong right now. I am really looking forward to trying it on ultraxion and seeing what my DPS is.

Pallen202: Last I heard BM was still bugged on Ultraxion and kill commands range is not registering so your pet can not hit him. That being said you are forced to play survival on that fight, same with Madness, your pet will not kill command on the arm tentacles. Hope these things are changed soon. On a side not I noticed Lynx rush would go crazy on spine and not just hit the Tendon, for straight tendon damage I would recommend running Blink Strike over Lynx so your pet doesn't run around hitting all the adds.

Iolzor: Yea BM is awesome at the moment I love it nice tests, keep up the good work. Can't wait for MoP to hit!

Deleted
    I love BM right now...

never mind.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2012-09-01 at 12:24 PM. Reason: fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Wow. I am at 404iL and I cannot manage over 25k on the heroic dummy, with hit and expertise capped. My kill commands are only hitting for 13-15k non crit, and no more then 30k crit. This is obviously bugged? My armory is the same name as this account, if anyone wants to have a quick check if I am missing anything.
    make sure you're not dpsing on the boss dummy, its level 93. If you're doing that, thats the problem right there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    make sure you're not dpsing on the boss dummy, its level 93. If you're doing that, thats the problem right there ^^
    thank you, i just realised that myself while the servers were restarting lol. guess i'm the dummy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckz View Post
    Gimleaf: No idea, those macros are all working fine for me and other people it seems, make sure you are copying them correctly.

Timoosewho: No problem, glad I could help!

Mission: I am easily bursting over 100 - 115k every fight and maintaining around 60k dps. I did not have the chance however to do Ultraxion as BM this week since when we did it KC was bugged, I will let you know how that goes when I get to do it. My survival dps on ultraxion went down but I believe that I mostly because I was using the 410 bow since I am forced to at the moment with my setup for BM and using it for hit and not having the 416 bow still since I took a break from raiding. If it matters I am only 405 equipped. Be sure you are not popping Rapid Fire and Bestial together, it is a major loss, pop them after each other, and do not let SS fall off, it takes some getting used to. I recommend doing some heroics to practice your burst, I actually did that not even joking and it helped me get used to it some.

Spiralphoenix: It is true, the burst is crazy maintaining it is the hard part. I finished at 60k on Warlord with a pretty messed up kill and having to switch more then I wanted, I also did 55 on Yorashj with no AoE phases....We decided to kill every black ooze for so reasson and Yes I was switching. BM is incredibly strong right now. I am really looking forward to trying it on ultraxion and seeing what my DPS is.

Pallen202: Last I heard BM was still bugged on Ultraxion and kill commands range is not registering so your pet can not hit him. That being said you are forced to play survival on that fight, same with Madness, your pet will not kill command on the arm tentacles. Hope these things are changed soon. On a side not I noticed Lynx rush would go crazy on spine and not just hit the Tendon, for straight tendon damage I would recommend running Blink Strike over Lynx so your pet doesn't run around hitting all the adds.

Iolzor: Yea BM is awesome at the moment I love it nice tests, keep up the good work. Can't wait for MoP to hit!
    I'm not seeing how you burst to 100k+ and maintain 60k. I'm lucky if I get over 80k with 406 ilvl with 55k maintain. How are you opening? What is the exact opening sequence?
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-09-01 at 09:17 PM.

To open its simple, I put up serpent sting, pop an arcane shot to put my focus down some and get my dire beast out. I then follow by popping Bestial Wrath with Lynx Rush and a Kill command while this is happening. With these up I continue to dump focus with arcane shot and kill command on cool down. When bestial wrath is up you should have time to throw a cobra shot quick to keep serpent sting up and a quick kill command. I then pop rapid fire and go to town with arcane shots yet again while managing to kill command on cool down and throwing more cobra shots here when necessary for extra focus since you have the faster caster time and it is manageable. Once rapid fire is down I wait to throw my last kill command so it goes on cool down and dire beast again if it is soon ( remember to keep using dire beast on cool down through all this) and then pop readiness and repeat the phase. After your 2 burst phases I continue to pop my cool downs almost as soon as they come up unless I know a big burst phase is coming up IE black phases or tentacles cataclysms and the such. If you do wait for things like that and have already delayed bestial wrath past the 1 minute CD long enough Lynx rush is probably almost back up and I think it would be worth holding out for it to pop them both together again. Other wise I am usually popping lynx and Bestial every time they come up, more CD's is more DPS! (still looking into this but seems solid for now) Be sure you are potting and pre potting in raids with a flask and food buff to see maximum output and also keep in mind that BM is a very bursty spec. If your guild has slower kill times your dps is likely going to be lower then someone with faster kill times. A lot of variables go into BM dps and hopefully this can help you get there. Also keep in mind with all of this I am using my macros for having dire beast go out and rabid and such things being used.

Doing that I can burst to about 85k -90k, but still not anywhere near 115k. I must be missing something here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Doing that I can burst to about 85k -90k, but still not anywhere near 115k. I must be missing something here.
    Might be as simple as... Gear. Different items that grants the same ilvl gives different dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Might be as simple as... Gear. Different items that grants the same ilvl gives different dps.
    Yeah swapping a couple of items clearly changes the dps by 25-30k, mhm something as simple as gear my ass..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    Yeah swapping a couple of items clearly changes the dps by 25-30k, mhm something as simple as gear my ass..
    Alright, sure that's true, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I'm missing boots from the "recommended" heroic items. I doubt that accounts for a huge DPS gap. Also, I tried this multiple times on different bosses.

my blood fury is not working when macroed to bestial wrath. Is anyone else having that issue?