Page 16 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Secondary stats are a cause for concern for newly-dinged characters due to the massive dropoff while levelling. You might be able to do it depending on your solo abilities, but I know for sure I lack such abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    The actual fight is just about getting her down in the air and you use normal DPS rotation through it. There might be a storm where you'll keep DPS'ing her with KJC while dodging everything on the ground.
    I would not advise using KJC. Even with the stacks from the fight itself allowing you to cast while moving, KJC will still proc from your flying around so you will be putting a permanent -30% movement speed on yourself for the whole fight, and that gets costly with the rings.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Secondary stats are a cause for concern for newly-dinged characters due to the massive dropoff while levelling. You might be able to do it depending on your solo abilities, but I know for sure I lack such abilities.
    Fights like Ony and Attumen are easily soloable as a fresh 90. Kael might be but it shouldn't be hard to get around 450-460 ilvl before you fight him.

Could you do it in PvP gear, since they now have "some" good stats.

Are you constantly channeling Drain Soul and using Soulburn: Health Funnel? Using normal Health Funnel is less efficient.
    I was not actually .. Apart from using it 1 time i did normal HF most of the time. Will definitely give this another go later. Thanks both of you.

Yorsahj trash is pretty easy. The boss himself hits like a fucking train but if you spam drain soul on him and keep SB: Health Funnelnig your pet you can survive. I got to him about 50% before I messed up a wave, then had to raid. Seems doable.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I would not advise using KJC. Even with the stacks from the fight itself allowing you to cast while moving, KJC will still proc from your flying around so you will be putting a permanent -30% movement speed on yourself for the whole fight, and that gets costly with the rings.
    I've had no problems with this. At least not that I've thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Yorsahj trash is pretty easy. The boss himself hits like a fucking train but if you spam drain soul on him and keep SB: Health Funnelnig your pet you can survive. I got to him about 50% before I messed up a wave, then had to raid. Seems doable.
    Yeah I got to 50-60% and decided I didn't have enough patience to keep going. It gets too RNG whether your VL will survive before you can heal him and if those heals crit or not. Killing oozes is pretty tight as well. I wouldn't recommend trying this if you don't have really good gear.

I've had no problems with this. At least not that I've thought of.
    At least prior to patch when KJC also had the cast speed inhibitor I was noticing that if I had it, even though the feathers granted casting while moving, KJC was activating, thus slowing my casts. I haven't tried since patch though (yay mount!).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    At least prior to patch when KJC also had the cast speed inhibitor I was noticing that if I had it, even though the feathers granted casting while moving, KJC was activating, thus slowing my casts. I haven't tried since patch though (yay mount!).
    Oh I thought you meant actually flying slower. Your cast time is not affected now obviously.

Oh I thought you meant actually flying slower. Your cast time is not affected now obviously.
    You do fly slower with KJC on. I had to disable it when I soloed it today.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    You do fly slower with KJC on. I had to disable it when I soloed it today.
    lol well in which case I had no issues with it but good to know.

KJC isn't a big deal for Alysrazor but the slow is there. Killed her mid tornado phase by popping my CDs at the start and repopping them at 25 stacks. With all the crits and the soul leech talent it's pretty easy to survive the stuff hitting you on the ground. I actually think it took me more pulls to figure out how to keep her from resetting than it took to kill her. Hint: Make your last feather one of the last two she drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    What iLevel would you recommend at 90, for bosses like Onyxia and BT? Can a freshly dinged 90 do it?
    Not tested Kael'thas yet (that will be tomorrow), but my Warlock took down Onyxia. It was a bit hectic, and took 10min (not the cleanest run, but I tried damnit) as Demo. That first group of whelps slaughtered me as Destro.

My warlock's profile, so you can see where I am at gear-wise (I main as a Ret Pally): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liana/advanced
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I just dinged 90 and wanted solo Molten Lord from FL (wanna start legendary questline) but my best try was around 60%. Any tips how to beat this? Or I just must upgrade gear first?
    You gain a TON of survival and dps each ilvl. I do not have a proof of this, but for example - going from 463 ilvl to 509 (or bis gear, alittle lower), should net you a 100% increase in dps.

So that means upgrading your gear will help. Another thing you can do, is also going Void Lord - Affliction, having a gate, and keeping dots up on lord+drain soul spam. Use SB-Health Funnel to keep it alive, and have 1 shard left - when it dies, resummon Voidlord+take portal (short distance, just to reset aggro) and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    What iLevel would you recommend at 90, for bosses like Onyxia and BT? Can a freshly dinged 90 do it?

I managed to solo Onyxia and Kael with my lock on the first week i reached 90 (should be around 430 ilvl), and i killed both bosses on the first try as Destruction... Didnt have any big problems there...

Also, i killed Allysrazor this week (474 ilvl) after about 20 tryies, although most of it was due to the boss reseting... Anyway, thank you guys for the tips! Very happy now that i can solo her everyweek and eventually ill have the Flametalon...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Soloed Yor'sahj in Dragon Soul. Very very tough fight, don't recommend doing without very good gear. Curse of Weakness was essential, and you pretty much have to spam heal your pet, get shards back from every single wave of blobs and use those shards to keep your pet up. Took me about 9 minutes with 75k dps and 20k hps. Video soon.

Tried Zon'ozz also. The trash didn't seem as bad as someone else said, just go in there with all your cooldowns up and own the flails fast. The boss himself seems very tricky though. I managed to crawl to around 60% but the enrage timer is going to be a problem, not to mention healing all the damage.

Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-12-09 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah the Yor'sahj fight is really fun. The hardest Cata boss by far. High gear needed (490+ at least), and the 4p T14 helps a lot because DS will be up for every globule wave. Demonic Gateway's awesome because you can let your pet die and just re-summon him and he'll get aggro instantly. And KJC for all the heavy movement.
    I wonder if we have the same globule priority order

Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-12-08 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    The hardest Cata boss by far.
    Do you mean that you have managed to solo the rest of them or what?

I'm not surprised if you managed to pull it off. I just hate the playstyle and RNG there is to it so that's why I personally gave up. But grats for managing to do it because it's really intense.

Deleted
    Do you mean that you have managed to solo the rest of them or what?

I'm not surprised if you managed to pull it off. I just hate the playstyle and RNG there is to it so that's why I personally gave up. But grats for managing to do it because it's really intense.
    What do you mean the rest of them? Just saying that of all the lock-soloable Cata bosses (well there's only like 4-5 of them yet, as far as I know), he's by far the hardest.

There's a lot of RNG involved but even if he crits and kills your pet a lot, with smart usage of Demonic Gateway and cds you can survive it. On my vid he even kills my pet before the first glob wave, which had never happened on all my other trys, but it went fine afterwards.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-12-08 at 11:08 PM.

I added my kill video to my previous post.

My kill priority was Black > Yellow > Green. I did accidentally take a Black wave on my kill but was able to survive through the skin of my teeth thanks to Glyph of Soul Consumption (I literally went down to 12k hp at one point). Talents used were Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Supremacy, KJC. Glyphs: Soul Consumption (Essential), Soul Shards, Healthstone (Essential).

Pet died around 3-4 times on the kill, at least two of which were planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to the both of you. Funny how you both have some different tactics with the same result

Your video had some trouble for me Evrelia, had to manually go to youtube through the video title link to see it. Also got a clickjack report for some strange reason (though I've had that before from Youtube, no idea why)