Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE
    I would add an ilvl 504+ to Madness of Deathwing, it's got a huge sustained dps check.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Hey guys, my 'lock just dinged 90 and I wanted to try some (what I thought would be) easy soloing for transmog gear.

However Zul'Aman has completely stumped me. Tried aff with demon, demonology with DA and demon, but I can't even get past the trash.

Is this a gear thing, or is it impossible to solo? (very bad gear, quest green type bad)
    Ok, I'm back with more questions... haha.

My ilevel has jumped from quets greens to all heroic blues/some epics. My ilevel is something like 455 or round that area; not brilliant obviously but significantly increased that I thought ZA would be easier now.

The trash was a little easier, and I got past the bit that was stumping me, but then the bosses just absolutely sh*tted me. So obviously, with the deduction that my gear is probably not the problem now, I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

What exactly do you do when soloing? Like, I genuinely don't get it, and no-one here in this thread really explains the very basics, not gunna lie.

I first attempted Affliction with Supremecy. But my problem with the Voidlord; brilliant at single AoE threat, horrible with AoE threat. One SB:Health Funnel and I'd get all the other mobs on me and die pretty quickly. On top of that, my void lord was really dying quite fast that I spent the majority of my time trying to keep him up, so I genuinely don't see how Affliction or Destruction solo stuff BECAUSE the tank isn't reliant (to me, anyway) and they're too squishy when they get anything of magnitude on them.

So with that, I tried demonology with DA. I halved the mobs between me and my voidlord, and I got past the trash. With quite abit of difficulty I might add. And then I tried the eagle boss. Just... lol, omg what. I don't have a dispel, so his debuff was tearing me a new one, I had the giant eagle mobs come and get me so I didn't know if I should be dpsing them or the boss, and then the magical storm killed my pet (bug, I think? that shouldn't happen right, magical storm is AoE and pets shouldn't die in it?). With that, the boss targeted my already mostly dead character and finished me off, and I rage quit quite dramatically.

And this is ZA, a 5 man heroic. I just don't see how people are soloing shit like Lich King heroic. Am I missing something, or? >_>

Edit:

I've just remembered T5 2-set.

DOES IT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?! >_> IS THAT THE SECRET
    Last edited by Alfryd; 2013-01-23 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

Just did Occu'thar, it's like the easiest tank&spank ever, no challenge whatsoever (the pet is totally immune to his shadow breath :x).
    The other two are something else, lots of unavoidable damage. Argaloth's dot is painful, and so is Alizabal Seething Hate. Didn't have much trys though, the instance quickly resetted.

Ok, I'm back with more questions... haha.

My ilevel has jumped from quets greens to all heroic blues/some epics. My ilevel is something like 455 or round that area; not brilliant obviously but significantly increased that I thought ZA would be easier now.

The trash was a little easier, and I got past the bit that was stumping me, but then the bosses just absolutely sh*tted me. So obviously, with the deduction that my gear is probably not the problem now, I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

What exactly do you do when soloing? Like, I genuinely don't get it, and no-one here in this thread really explains the very basics, not gunna lie.

I first attempted Affliction with Supremecy. But my problem with the Voidlord; brilliant at single AoE threat, horrible with AoE threat. One SB:Health Funnel and I'd get all the other mobs on me and die pretty quickly. On top of that, my void lord was really dying quite fast that I spent the majority of my time trying to keep him up, so I genuinely don't see how Affliction or Destruction solo stuff BECAUSE the tank isn't reliant (to me, anyway) and they're too squishy when they get anything of magnitude on them.

So with that, I tried demonology with DA. I halved the mobs between me and my voidlord, and I got past the trash. With quite abit of difficulty I might add. And then I tried the eagle boss. Just... lol, omg what. I don't have a dispel, so his debuff was tearing me a new one, I had the giant eagle mobs come and get me so I didn't know if I should be dpsing them or the boss, and then the magical storm killed my pet (bug, I think? that shouldn't happen right, magical storm is AoE and pets shouldn't die in it?). With that, the boss targeted my already mostly dead character and finished me off, and I rage quit quite dramatically.

And this is ZA, a 5 man heroic. I just don't see how people are soloing shit like Lich King heroic. Am I missing something, or? >_>

Edit:

I've just remembered T5 2-set.

DOES IT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?! >_> IS THAT THE SECRET
    You could just watch some of the videos and all of your questions would be answered. Voidwalker's AoE threat is not bad at all with Void Shield. In fact, provided I at least tell him to hit each mob once (by manually forcing him to attack each one) I can Multi-dot and heal for the rest of the fight without ever aggroing, focusing my DPS on the one he is tanking.

Use Curse of Enfeeblement to your advantage, keep Corruption ticking on everything for extra shard procs, and Drain Soul in between SB:HF casts for extra shards. If you're up against a tight DPS check though you can't do this and you'll need to keep all your dots ticking.

My Voidwalker can tank Dragon Soul bosses - I assure you, he's not squishy

You could just watch some of the videos and all of your questions would be answered.
    I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.

I've soloed all of VoA 25. The only one that is actually challenging is Toravon. I did it a few days ago at 490 ilvl and I think I was able to keep up my voidlord long enough for shatter on voidy's first and second death. The other 3 bosses are a joke (Emalon's add explosions hit for 30k, and for the first half of Koralon you don't even have to heal your pet).

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:42 PM ----------

I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.
    You will gradually see a significant difference in what you can and can't do as you get more gear, even regarding your voidy's survivability. For example when I started soloing Toravon 25 in VoA the dot would kill my voidy so fast that I had to let him die and resummon, and the 2nd time I had to let him die my shatter wasn't up yet so I had to use gateway to keep my threat down. Last week at 490 ilvl he lasted long enough that I could shatter on the 2nd death.

The gear scaling in this xpac is so drastic that if you can't quite do a fight this week, get 2-3 more ilvls and you probably have a kill in the bag.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-02-06 at 03:20 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I think the 2p T5 will help a lot. I personally never used it for my solos because I am stubborn, but since my ilvl has not increased for quite some time now, I will have to if I want to solo more difficult content as destro.

Updated. Still need some info about Trial of the Crusader 25, Ruby Sanctum 25 and Icecrown Citadel 25.
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this has been the unofficial hang out of all the warlock solo'ers and this spread sheet is a very nice thing to have for the community it might be an idea that when it's finished (or at least all the unknown things have been checked) to for me to repurpose the OP of this thread to put a link to the spreadsheet there + some basic info about solo'ing maybe. Kinda make it more clearly that this is where you need to be for solo'ing discussion. I'll also add this thread to the Warlock Index for good measure at that time.

Thoughts on this? Or any input on what I should put in the OP? (I'll leave the original message after the part I put in, but it will be the new message first)

I think it's a pretty good idea to have a compendium of sorts. If the info box is going to be expanded for the harder bosses, perhaps some of the more prominent kill videos can be linked in it as well so people have something to study and work on for those bosses.

Putting it up in the first post is a good idea as well. There's a lot of repeat questions that were answered 15-20 pages ago that people simply don't want to read through in order to get to the current one.

Updated. Still need some info about Trial of the Crusader 25, Ruby Sanctum 25 and Icecrown Citadel 25.
    Just did Northrend Beasts 25, working on Jaraxxus now. (Normal mode btw)

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:35 PM ----------

Jaraxxus 25 down as well:

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:17 AM ----------

Twin Valks 25 down as well. Had to skip Faction Champs unfortunately, the 3 healers constantly healing mixed with all the CC going out makes it at least seem impossible for now. The only hope for it I saw was when I swapped to DA, I was then able to last a couple minutes (wasn't using SL or T5 2pc), so it might be possible to try to outlive the healers' mana pool but I didn't really feel like spending a couple hours on that.

Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-01-24 at 05:36 AM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I've done mount run with 7 mins to spare, took me 3 tries to get it but when you figured it out and avoided dying it was rather easy. I'm not sure if that's what you are asking for though or just normal runs. Your gear is rather on the lower edge, both eagle and dragonhawk bosses are hard. I'm in 505 ilvl hc gear so that's a huge difference compared to you. My strategy mainly evolved around killing the boss before you start taking too much damage so I don't have to drain life, and that will obviously not work for you. I suggest sending your pet to the eagle picking you up and just try kill it asap. it deals huge damage. All bosses should be slowly sustain-killable with Drain Life/Soul spamming to keep you and your pet up with SB: health funnel if your not going for fast runs.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since this has been the unofficial hang out of all the warlock solo'ers and this spread sheet is a very nice thing to have for the community it might be an idea that when it's finished (or at least all the unknown things have been checked) to for me to repurpose the OP of this thread to put a link to the spreadsheet there + some basic info about solo'ing maybe. Kinda make it more clearly that this is where you need to be for solo'ing discussion. I'll also add this thread to the Warlock Index for good measure at that time.

Thoughts on this? Or any input on what I should put in the OP? (I'll leave the original message after the part I put in, but it will be the new message first)
    Yeah, it's a great idea, I will write something about it, if no one else wants to do it. The spreadsheet is ready to go, some more infos for hard encounter will be added later. I've also added a couple of videos via note and if someone manages to kill some of the unchecked/not done yet encounters, just reply in this thread or pm me.
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a great idea, I will write something about it, if no one else wants to do it.
    Cool, just make a nice introductary post in this thread to "officially present" the spreadsheet and if it's a nice post I'll just copy it to the OP of the thread. Or make a specific post you think would fit in the OP and pm it to me and I'll look it over. Once changed I'll put in a link back in the OP to the point in the thread where the spreadsheet was in effect so people don't have to look through the thread looking for that point, but can jump in on the current discussion/encounters being tackeled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Just put a line through all my post and put in what you're saying. Would also stop people from quoting it without realizing how old the post is and what was happening.

So I am curious, what is the reason that Anub'arak 25 hasn't been soloed yet? I just attempted him today and it seems like a pretty challenging, but doable fight. I have not gotten to phase 3 yet though, so I would assume that is the issue. Could someone who has done the fight tell me what is the difficult part of the 3rd phase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Just put a line through all my post and put in what you're saying. Would also stop people from quoting it without realizing how old the post is and what was happening.
    Ah, was debating if I should send you a PM to tell you of my plan. Glad you think it's o.k., saves me the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    So I am curious, what is the reason that Anub'arak 25 hasn't been soloed yet? I just attempted him today and it seems like a pretty challenging, but doable fight. I have not gotten to phase 3 yet though, so I would assume that is the issue. Could someone who has done the fight tell me what is the difficult part of the 3rd phase?
    Reason why p3 is extremely hard is because of the ticking % based damage. You need to burn him within 20-25 seconds pretty much, 30% hp and with VW. I'd imagine it to be possible though, atleast in 5.2 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    I managed to solo Onyxia and Kael with my lock on the first week i reached 90 (should be around 430 ilvl), and i killed both bosses on the first try as Destruction... Didnt have any big problems there...
    I must be going full retard here because I tried Ony last night and couldn't survive P2 no matter how hard I tried. This is with saving all CDs for the whelp groups. I'm at about iLevel 450 ish but it's mostly the crafted PvP gear (because I don't have anything else at the moment). I'm using destro and try to take potshots at her when she's in the air in between RoFs but my DPS seems to be lacking since I usually get a second set of whelps. Any suggestions with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    I must be going full retard here because I tried Ony last night and couldn't survive P2 no matter how hard I tried. This is with saving all CDs for the whelp groups. I'm at about iLevel 450 ish but it's mostly the crafted PvP gear (because I don't have anything else at the moment). I'm using destro and try to take potshots at her when she's in the air in between RoFs but my DPS seems to be lacking since I usually get a second set of whelps. Any suggestions with this?
    Go Affliction, DoTs should be more than enough on her and you can focus on the whelps. SB:SS one and SB: SoC that same one, then spam SoC on that target. Pop Shadow Bulwark (the voidwalker one) and Sac Pact at the same time, then Dark Regen with Glyphed Healthstone, and you'll have a huge damage buffer to keep yourself alive.