Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral LeyrHao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Coria del Río, Seville
    Posts
    1,170
    I tried Onyxia 10 on a my friend's warlock, who's about the same gear as mine... it was very complicated, Demonic Fury seems to never build up in Dark Apotheosis and it drains while using Drain Life, so the whelps pack were really really hard and I always wiped. I tried tanking them with Harvest Life in Meta instead and that was, and although my health went down easier, the adds died faster. But the air phase took me too long.

    Then I switch to my own warlock and he's destro... I think the whole fight didn't last longer than 3 min. So easy and effective...

    Damn mount, I'm tired of farming her...
    Last edited by LeyrHao; 2012-09-03 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #42
    Moderator Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I tried Onyxia 10 on a my friend's warlock, who's about the same gear as mine... it was very complicated, Demonic Fury seems to never build up in Dark Apotheosis and it drains while using Drain Life, so the whelps pack were really really hard and I always wiped. I tried tanking them with Harvest Life in Meta instead and that was, and although my health went down easier, the adds died faster. But the air phase took me too long.

    Then I switch to my own warlock and he's destro... I think the whole fight didn't last longer than 3 min. So easy and effective...
    I did it as demo before and after the patch, and it was by far way easier in 5.0.4. I used voidwalker to tank, GoServ Felguard on the whelps plus DS and a solid amount of fury and they fell over pretty quickly.

    I think overall the DA glyph is NOT going to be our best friend in soloing old content, the voidwalker will be.

  3. #43
    So we can conclude that tanking isn't the way to go.......because the problem is that your dps is as low as other tanks but you don't really have the survability of a tank

    However I do think the meta tanking glyph probably works better in a 2 man group setting, so perhaps 2 manning firelands or dragonsoul.

  4. #44
    Yeah Dark Apotheosis is kinda disappointing for soloing.
    The other specs have way better dps, affliction offers the best pet healing with Soulburn: Health Funnel, and destruction still has better self-healing than demo with Ember Tap.
    Yet one powerful aspect of DA is his Glyph of Soul Consumption, on fight where large amounts of adds can grant you a constant life regen. I wouldn't have been able to solo Magmaw on beta without it (t'was before the Soul Link nerf, but still).
    For now I find that the closest thing to what we could do pre 5.0 is the current Affliction-Voidlord spec. Polyvalent and fun.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  5. #45
    Moderator Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,264
    I feel like the best option on a high damage fight is Destro + Supremacy + Soul link, turning every ember into a huge heal. Between that and Soul Leech, destro has a pretty solid stream of self healing going that would keep a VW up easy through soul link.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I feel like the best option on a high damage fight is Destro + Supremacy + Soul link, turning every ember into a huge heal. Between that and Soul Leech, destro has a pretty solid stream of self healing going that would keep a VW up easy through soul link.
    I dunno, I think you can get the same healing effect out of 200 fury on Demonology.

    I've been doing DA + Void Lord + Insta resummon to solo a lot of old content. Did Vashj last night. Ugh, striders.

  7. #47
    Moderator Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    I dunno, I think you can get the same healing effect out of 200 fury on Demonology.

    I've been doing DA + Void Lord + Insta resummon to solo a lot of old content. Did Vashj last night. Ugh, striders.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the instant summon has a cooldown. Ember tap does not.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    i still stick to the basics
    let the pet take all the punches while you make yourself some nice soultea (extracted from 100% mage, made in azeroth) and heal captn blueman from time to time

    and well for molten core i stick with .. pop all cooldowns and kill the boss in 20sec -> be disapointed that thunderfury doesn't drop this week again

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the instant summon has a cooldown. Ember tap does not.
    I thought you meant using Flames of Xoroth to replace your voidwalker as heal.

  10. #50
    Before patch I used to solo Instructor Razuvious (10) fairly easy with voidwalker+glyph and demo health funnel talent.

    Now with the massive pet health nerf, health funnel is less efficient, it was pretty hectic getting him down after patch with aff and soul burn health funnel but I made it, though I had hoped it would get easier.

    Now pet threat and selftanking went up by a lot which I like, though survival wise you still can't beat voidwalker+soulburn health funnel, but it is a boost on stuff you can't use pets on.
    Last edited by Micke; 2012-09-04 at 07:54 AM.

  11. #51
    I found Onyxia 10man to be really easy. I killed her the second time i tried her without any special tacts really.

    I just poped infernal and some random aoe on the whelps, and they died really fast.

    kael'thas sunstrider was also really easy as destro.

    (First time I even try to solo old content so it should indeed be faceroll for those whos used to it)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaata View Post
    kael'thas sunstrider was also really easy as destro.

    (First time I even try to solo old content so it should indeed be faceroll for those whos used to it)
    Man, I keep hearing this. I might actually have to learn to play destro at this rate since it was infuriating failing as affliction when I used to roll all over him in my none-optimal pvp spec.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Man, I keep hearing this. I might actually have to learn to play destro at this rate since it was infuriating failing as affliction when I used to roll all over him in my none-optimal pvp spec.
    I wiped 3 times tho.

    1: cause I didnt know when to leave the room and kite the adds to the start
    2: Was overrunned by the birds
    3: I stood in some wierdass clouds so I went down to 19k hp.

    But other than that it was pretty much incinirate spam and use ember tap when needed(sac the felhunter). If I just were aware of how the boss was working it would be have been a one shot.

  14. #54
    Yeah, I'm honestly pretty surprised Destro seems superior for soloing old content. I keep trying to solo things as Affliction but for whatever reason, be it tiny mistakes or just not enough bursts or something, it feels inferior to Destro. Did Malygos. Wiped 7 times in p3 due to being an idiot spamming random abilities. =P The whole of VoA, although the frost dude was a pita. Naxx, minus a couple bosses. Sarth 3d.

    Has anybody tried soloing Ulduar? I really want to but have absolutely no experience doing so. It'd be nice if I could somehow open up Yogg to farm the mount, even though I know Yogg0 requires a couple other peeps which is no problem since a couple friends know my gnome really really wants the mount. I'd imagine Mimi, Freya and Thorim could pose issues trying to solo and may require a second person?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Has anybody tried soloing Ulduar? I really want to but have absolutely no experience doing so. It'd be nice if I could somehow open up Yogg to farm the mount, even though I know Yogg0 requires a couple other peeps which is no problem since a couple friends know my gnome really really wants the mount. I'd imagine Mimi, Freya and Thorim could pose issues trying to solo and may require a second person?
    Did Mimiron and Freya as Affliction-Voidlord, very easily. Thorim was too hard pre-patch, but I might give it a try now.

    Edit: Just killed Thorim HM as affliction. First try, but it was a close kill. Kinda high gear needed (I was at 401ilvl).


    ---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 01:35 AM ----------

    Did also General Vezax with Dark Apotheosis. This soloing style is really fun.
    Turns out that indeed the mana pool/cost changes had made this fight harder the usual way (didn't try but I guess it's impossible as Destro lol), and DA being less mana dependant was the obvious choice.
    Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, GoSacrifice; found out that GoSac was my first source of healing through the fight. And Soul Consumption is a must have for those fights with adds.
    The Shadow Bulwark/Dark Regeneration/glyphed Healthstone combo every 2min is also quite impressive, 10->100% hp in 4s, a bit of overhealing probably
    Last edited by Ysen; 2012-09-05 at 02:21 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  16. #56
    just got sarth 3d down as affliction, did about 10 wipes as destro then decided to go aff to keep some damage up while i had to heal my pet, overall took ab out 28 wipes. died as my last fel flame hit him and killed him. gonna try again next week to see if i can get a kill with me still alive:P

    http://i.imgur.com/pgwAj.jpg
    Last edited by Gorehowl; 2012-09-09 at 01:57 AM.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  17. #57
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,955
    Has anyone done Patchwerk after the patch? He completely shreds my pet and since they nerfed the pet health, my health funnel can't keep up anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Has anyone done Patchwerk after the patch? He completely shreds my pet and since they nerfed the pet health, my health funnel can't keep up anymore.
    I had absolutely no trouble killing him (Affliction-Voidlord), was easier than ever. Used Soul Leech, Demon Training Glyph&Siphon Life. Keep all your shards for SB:Health Funnel.
    Also even if you pet dies, you can still re-summon him and he'll get aggro instantly after you Soulshatter (using Dark Bargain meanwhile).
    The fun part is that I'd forgotten to kill one abomination in the previous room (the one with the oozes), so 30s into the fight I was surprised to see one big abom followed by lots of small slow adds Still manageable, my pet survived, and hey it may have even helped, free soul shards during the fight !
    Last edited by Ysen; 2012-09-09 at 09:22 AM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  19. #59
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,955
    Oh right, Affliction. Still haven't played that, I'm reluctant to let go of either of the other specs. They're just so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh right, Affliction. Still haven't played that, I'm reluctant to let go of either of the other specs. They're just so awesome.
    Grats on Ashes, on another note, what is that nice loot addon you are using and what frames are you using!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •