Page 41 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    I went to Naxx 25 last night to finish off the last of my Glory of the Raider achievements, and holy damn, Patchwerk hits like a TRUCK. I barely managed to get him down as Aff between refreshing my dots and spamming health funnel on my Voidwalker, and I ended the fight at 10% HP. Am I doing it wrong or is that the case for everyone?
    Found it very easy as destro, because of the mana and self regen. It's ok to let your pet die, just use demonic gateway and summon him again and again. You can do the whole fight not healing your pet a single time.

As a nice tip (that works for every boss, but especially low-hitting ones), if you have a huge Soul Leech shield on your pet and if your pet has Void Shield up, any fully-absorbed hit won't consume a shield stack, but still will be reduced by 60%. So if your Soul Leech shield is high enough to last, your pet can stay with the 60% Void Shield dmg reduction the whole time.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-04-08 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    gah, got os 25 - 3D, sarth to 25% as best attempt, really should of held off against dps on him, was destro for this, its a good challange

Soulburn: Health Funnel - Your Health Funnel will restore 140% more health and will reduce damage taken by your pet by 30% for 10 sec.

Have fun gentlemen.

Edit: On a second read, it looks like they took the instant part out. I'm going to go ahead and say that Destro is the soloing spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Have fun gentlemen.

Edit: On a second read, it looks like they took the instant part out. I'm going to go ahead and say that Destro is the soloing spec now.
    If this change stays in, it will really hurt affliction's solo capabilities. But in decent gear I would say affy and destro are about equal since it seems destro scales much better than affliction in terms of ability to solo (affliction only benefits from hp, armor, and haste slightly while destro benefits from hp, armor, int, haste, mastery and crit).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still instant, but they did lower the amount of the heal to 30% from 36% it seems. I don't know what caused this change, cause I don't think this was game breaking in any way. It made Affli the go to solo spec, yes, but hell, so is Blood DK, some specs are just better at it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 03:52 AM ----------

Nevermind, now the frontpage does say it's changed to non-instant for a bigger heal. This sucks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 04:37 PM ----------

Checked on PTR, it's just the tooltip 36% to 30% change, no mechanics changes to the spell.

Deleted
    So looking at the new patch notes, the way I read soulburn:healthfunnel, its a 140% increase on the 6% plus the 30% damage reduction.
    so would that end up at 15% a sec for 2% of the locks health?
    Last edited by mmoc78e57463b6; 2013-04-12 at 10:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the frontpage, and this time confrimed on PTR for real, and not half heartedly while longing for bed:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Affliction

Soulburn: Health Funnel now restores 140% more health, rather than 30% instantly.
    It's a channel now, and not an instant cast. I have no idea why this was needed. We were competetive in soloing stuff, and we were (generally) the most efficient spec in Affliction compared to the other 2, but why nerf us like this? And that's not some empty woe is me rhetoric, seriously, what reason would they have to nerf us?

Is SB:HF allowing us to do stuff we shouldn't? Stuff no other class is doing? I've not seen that, but then again I don't follow other classes very much. I'm pretty damn sure that even with SB:HF we weren't beating DK's in soloing stuff, and probably not Hunters either ( who have an instant pet heal without channel, far as I know....... ). So I don't get it, tbh.

I remember someone posting fairly recently that they attempted a ZA bear run but messed up, and I don't recall hearing anything otherwise about it being completed successfully. On that note tonight I got bored and headed out there, completed the run with relative ease as destro, 511 ilvl. Had 9 minutes left on the timer when I finished off Halazzi:

Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

What are thoughts on Heroic LK 25 man?

I happened to get a lockout id on LK and I'm bored on WoW these days, seems extremely challenging.
    Last edited by Schirmy; 2013-04-13 at 02:33 PM.

Well you can add Iron Council Hardmode to the spreadsheet. I'm guessing no one has attempted this since the patch came out or just didn't post a vid/picture because in better gear, it isn't that difficult. But I did die at exactly the same time as the boss. Done in Ilvl 513 as destro.

http://i.imgur.com/pRFsXFH.jpg
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-04-16 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Thumbnails pls

Deleted
    For the sake of completing the spreadsheet, Putricide 25HM:

Fun fight as you can't use your pet to tank him, so I use destro self-healing abilities.

Also Festergut 25HM, just a gear check (I was ~ilvl518 I think).
    And Halion 25 normal, easy-peasy (Big Soul Leech + 100% Void Shield uptime = pet taking absolutely 0 dmg the whole fight).
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel 25 should be doable, now or soon, it's just a tank&spank and you need like 180k dps (with ICC buff) to beat the enrage.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-04-14 at 06:20 AM.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel 25 should be doable, now or soon, it's just a tank&spank and you need like 180k dps (with ICC buff) to beat the enrage.
    I tried Blood Queen earlier but she was using Essence of the Blood Queen (vampire bite) on me despite tanking her myself.

Not sure its going to be possible to kill her in under 1 minute. The best I managed was about 60%.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-04-14 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I tried Blood Queen earlier but she was using Essence of the Blood Queen (vampire bite) on me despite tanking her myself.

Not sure its going to be possible to kill her in under 1 minute. The best I managed was about 60%.
    You need to avoid the bite, just stay outside the room out of line of sight, and when she casts it teleport inside, like this. From this point it's just a boring tank&spank until the enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i went back to tempest keep as a level 90 equipped the staff.....and i still cant get past the 3rd phase on kael'thas. i have no idea how im supposed to stand up to 15k+ per three advisors every swing. and most every mob in there is immune to stuns. my void tanks the other.(the second phase is easy now.)im starting to get the idea that my definition of soloing is different than everyone elses.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-04-15 at 04:55 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i went back to tempest keep as a level 90 equipped the staff.....and i still cant get past the 3rd phase on kael'thas. i have no idea how im supposed to stand up to 15k+ per three advisors every swing. and most every mob in there is immune to stuns. my void tanks the other.(the second phase is easy now.)im starting to get the idea that my definition of soloing is different than everyone elses.
    If you're struggling with phase 3, go Demo. Just HoG twice, Meta and Immo Aura. Have your pet Bladestorm with Threatening Presence up. They will all fall over regardless of your gear.

Easy mode KT = kite 1st two advisors to the very entrance, Kapernian the the Al'ar platform and the Last guy you can kill just outside of the room. This way you will have to "tank" 1 add at a time because of the running time.

The trick is to exit the room when the RP speech starts.

This is the exact strat I used when I hit 90 and was able to kill him as destro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmK5VaVXidY. Don't bother kiting out of the room it's a huge waste of time. What I did was save cooldowns including Doomguard when all the advisors and just go all out zerg. Spam Ember Tap liberally and SacPact/Dark Bargain/Unending Resolve/etc. when you need to.

Also, just checking here but you are equipping the staff AND using its ability, correct?

I kill them all without kitting to the dungeon entrance or using the staff; believe me it's simple: I burn Capernian very quickly using immolate + conflagrate + conflagrate + shadowburn (if needed), them I cast rain of fire to get embers and kill Master Engineer Telonicus, Lord Sanguinar and Thaladred in sequence. I use Sacrificial Pact, or Dark Regeneration or Unending Resolve if needed... it's a easy fight. Astromancer Capernian is anoying, so kill her very fast at the beginning.
    Remember to sacrifice your pet asap when Kael engages or he will despawn and you will need to fight all again :/
    Don't use any trinket that summons anything or it will bug the boss like u have a pet.
    Believe me you dont need the staff, just burn Astromancer Capernian asap.
    Last edited by Biruta; 2013-04-15 at 02:12 PM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Biruta View Post
    I kill them all without kitting to the dungeon entrance or using the staff; believe me it's simple: I burn Capernian very quickly using immolate + conflagrate + conflagrate + shadowburn (if needed), them I cast rain of fire to get embers and kill Master Engineer Telonicus, Lord Sanguinar and Thaladred in sequence. I use Sacrificial Pact, or Dark Regeneration or Unending Resolve if needed... it's a easy fight. Astromancer Capernian is anoying, so kill her very fast at the beginning.
    Remember to sacrifice your pet asap when Kael engages or he will despawn and you will need to fight all again :/
    Don't use any trinket that summons anything or it will bug the boss like u have a pet.
    Believe me you dont need the staff, just burn Astromancer Capernian asap.
    I've yet to encounter any issues with pets making him despawn, are you referring to the bug in 5.0 where having ANY pets out made him MC you, and when your pets died he would reset? They fixed that a long time ago. The only thing you need to do now is make sure you have primary threat on kael, which means sac/dismiss/switch to a non-tank pet. I ran with the ghost iron dragonling trinket for awhile and never had any issues.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 07:51 AM ----------

You can either spread them out all over the instance (super safe but super long fight), or you can spread them around the room a bit to buy you a few seconds to nuke one down (not as safe but it makes it not a 15 minute fight).

Also depending on what kind of weapon you have and how lucky you feel against the CCs it can be better to use your own weapon vs the staff; while the staff buys you some CC immunity it makes it harder to nuke down the advisors.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    This is the exact strat I used when I hit 90 and was able to kill him as destro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmK5VaVXidY. Don't bother kiting out of the room it's a huge waste of time. What I did was save cooldowns including Doomguard when all the advisors and just go all out zerg. Spam Ember Tap liberally and SacPact/Dark Bargain/Unending Resolve/etc. when you need to.

Also, just checking here but you are equipping the staff AND using its ability, correct?
    i try to. but they stun/silence/spelllock me before i can use it. also what talents would be best for soloing them? i have archimondes vengenance as tier 6 talent.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.