Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I've read a bit about soloing Black Temple, the main issues seems to be the Illidari Council and Illidan.
    Are these 2 soloable as well as the rest of the other bosses or do some have to be skipped?

Also is there any tips for the Blood Prince Council in ICC?
    I've had a few cracks at it on 10 man solo and just cant seem to get him down, close, but not close enough.
    Black Temple was fully soloable at lvl85, doing it with 495ilvl should be a walk in the park, you could just dps everything down and ignoring all mechanics.

As for Blood Council, use Dark Apotheosis. Pets take extra damage on this boss so it's better if you tank them yourself.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Well, finally killed Omnotron Defense council and Magmaw (ugh, 30 wipes). Was going to faceroll Atramedes but was summarily executed by his dwarf trash. Can that trash be solo'd?

edit: so it turns out execution sentence does not actually kill you. I'm not sure why I assumed it did, but it's barely even painful. the trash was quite easy once I understood it all (shocking, i know)
    Last edited by Eliathen; 2013-04-08 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen View Post
    Well, finally killed Omnotron Defense council and Magmaw (ugh, 30 wipes). Was going to faceroll Atramedes but was summarily executed by his dwarf trash. Can that trash be solo'd?
    I easily soloed that trash, you shouldn't have many problems.

It occurred to me while I was laying in bed that I didn't try to kite them and I also didn't try it without a pet. I'm guessing I can't get Execution Sentenced if I sac my pet first. I will try again soon.

My current solo list:

Molten core as afli
    Bwl as desto
    Kara as desto
    Hyjal/gruul as desto
    BT as desto
    Naxx as afli
    Ulduar full clear as afli except algalon as demo/DA
    Onyxia as afli

Hardest of those: kara Chess event after they buffed medivh,
    First boss of bwl :P

Gonna try aq40 soon

Easiest of those: ony, hyjal and mc

I went to Naxx 25 last night to finish off the last of my Glory of the Raider achievements, and holy damn, Patchwerk hits like a TRUCK. I barely managed to get him down as Aff between refreshing my dots and spamming health funnel on my Voidwalker, and I ended the fight at 10% HP. Am I doing it wrong or is that the case for everyone?

Also, those damned death knight cavalier mobs before and after Instructor are seriously annoying >:|

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    I went to Naxx 25 last night to finish off the last of my Glory of the Raider achievements, and holy damn, Patchwerk hits like a TRUCK. I barely managed to get him down as Aff between refreshing my dots and spamming health funnel on my Voidwalker, and I ended the fight at 10% HP. Am I doing it wrong or is that the case for everyone?

Also, those damned death knight cavalier mobs before and after Instructor are seriously annoying >:|
    He has always hit like a truck (and since you don't have a hateful strike tank that means twice as bad for your void), when I was soloing him I just kept CoEn, full dots, and drain soul to keep up enough shards to keep my void up. I'm hoping by 'spamming health funnel' you mean 'spamming SB:HF'.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    Found it very easy as destro, because of the mana and self regen. It's ok to let your pet die, just use demonic gateway and summon him again and again. You can do the whole fight not healing your pet a single time.

As a nice tip (that works for every boss, but especially low-hitting ones), if you have a huge Soul Leech shield on your pet and if your pet has Void Shield up, any fully-absorbed hit won't consume a shield stack, but still will be reduced by 60%. So if your Soul Leech shield is high enough to last, your pet can stay with the 60% Void Shield dmg reduction the whole time.
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-04-08 at 03:42 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

gah, got os 25 - 3D, sarth to 25% as best attempt, really should of held off against dps on him, was destro for this, its a good challange

Soulburn: Health Funnel - Your Health Funnel will restore 140% more health and will reduce damage taken by your pet by 30% for 10 sec.

Have fun gentlemen.

Edit: On a second read, it looks like they took the instant part out. I'm going to go ahead and say that Destro is the soloing spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Have fun gentlemen.

Edit: On a second read, it looks like they took the instant part out. I'm going to go ahead and say that Destro is the soloing spec now.
    If this change stays in, it will really hurt affliction's solo capabilities. But in decent gear I would say affy and destro are about equal since it seems destro scales much better than affliction in terms of ability to solo (affliction only benefits from hp, armor, and haste slightly while destro benefits from hp, armor, int, haste, mastery and crit).

It's still instant, but they did lower the amount of the heal to 30% from 36% it seems. I don't know what caused this change, cause I don't think this was game breaking in any way. It made Affli the go to solo spec, yes, but hell, so is Blood DK, some specs are just better at it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 03:52 AM ----------

Nevermind, now the frontpage does say it's changed to non-instant for a bigger heal. This sucks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 04:37 PM ----------

Checked on PTR, it's just the tooltip 36% to 30% change, no mechanics changes to the spell.

So looking at the new patch notes, the way I read soulburn:healthfunnel, its a 140% increase on the 6% plus the 30% damage reduction.
    so would that end up at 15% a sec for 2% of the locks health?
    Last edited by Checkem; 2013-04-12 at 10:40 AM.

From the frontpage, and this time confrimed on PTR for real, and not half heartedly while longing for bed:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Affliction

Soulburn: Health Funnel now restores 140% more health, rather than 30% instantly.
    It's a channel now, and not an instant cast. I have no idea why this was needed. We were competetive in soloing stuff, and we were (generally) the most efficient spec in Affliction compared to the other 2, but why nerf us like this? And that's not some empty woe is me rhetoric, seriously, what reason would they have to nerf us?

Is SB:HF allowing us to do stuff we shouldn't? Stuff no other class is doing? I've not seen that, but then again I don't follow other classes very much. I'm pretty damn sure that even with SB:HF we weren't beating DK's in soloing stuff, and probably not Hunters either ( who have an instant pet heal without channel, far as I know....... ). So I don't get it, tbh.

I remember someone posting fairly recently that they attempted a ZA bear run but messed up, and I don't recall hearing anything otherwise about it being completed successfully. On that note tonight I got bored and headed out there, completed the run with relative ease as destro, 511 ilvl. Had 9 minutes left on the timer when I finished off Halazzi:

Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

What are thoughts on Heroic LK 25 man?

I happened to get a lockout id on LK and I'm bored on WoW these days, seems extremely challenging.
    Last edited by Schirm; 2013-04-13 at 02:33 PM.

Well you can add Iron Council Hardmode to the spreadsheet. I'm guessing no one has attempted this since the patch came out or just didn't post a vid/picture because in better gear, it isn't that difficult. But I did die at exactly the same time as the boss. Done in Ilvl 513 as destro.

http://i.imgur.com/pRFsXFH.jpg
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-04-16 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Thumbnails pls

For the sake of completing the spreadsheet, Putricide 25HM:

Fun fight as you can't use your pet to tank him, so I use destro self-healing abilities.

Also Festergut 25HM, just a gear check (I was ~ilvl518 I think).
    And Halion 25 normal, easy-peasy (Big Soul Leech + 100% Void Shield uptime = pet taking absolutely 0 dmg the whole fight).
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel 25 should be doable, now or soon, it's just a tank&spank and you need like 180k dps (with ICC buff) to beat the enrage.
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-04-14 at 06:20 AM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel 25 should be doable, now or soon, it's just a tank&spank and you need like 180k dps (with ICC buff) to beat the enrage.
    I tried Blood Queen earlier but she was using Essence of the Blood Queen (vampire bite) on me despite tanking her myself.

Not sure its going to be possible to kill her in under 1 minute. The best I managed was about 60%.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-04-14 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I tried Blood Queen earlier but she was using Essence of the Blood Queen (vampire bite) on me despite tanking her myself.

Not sure its going to be possible to kill her in under 1 minute. The best I managed was about 60%.
    You need to avoid the bite, just stay outside the room out of line of sight, and when she casts it teleport inside, like this. From this point it's just a boring tank&spank until the enrage.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.