Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The only problem I can foresee you running into is that on heroic the Sons of Flame that you let get to the hammer explode for a very lethal amount, and letting any more than 1-2 through with CDs up will probably see you dead. Not sure how well you can get soul leach to stack up, but that'd be the key to this (that or getting really lucky with a large group of them spawning in a clump far from the hammer).

Good luck though!
    Yeah i was thinking about that too, tho i think with both luck and skill it might be possible to finish off all the adds considering they get slowed by damage.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    Yeah i was thinking about that too, tho i think with both luck and skill it might be possible to finish off all the adds considering they get slowed by damage.
    I see two ways of dealing with this.

Dark Bargain + Unending. You should be able to kill 4 or so, and soak the last 4 with those 2 cds + heavy heals.

Another possible way could be MF (Will make p3 hell) - Pre cast 2x RoF, 2x AoE Confla (slow) and by this killing off both sides.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    Solo char/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I see two ways of dealing with this.

Dark Bargain + Unending. You should be able to kill 4 or so, and soak the last 4 with those 2 cds + heavy heals.

Another possible way could be MF (Will make p3 hell) - Pre cast 2x RoF, 2x AoE Confla (slow) and by this killing off both sides.
    The dark bargain idea sounds doable, though that will require me to extend the secondary phase2 so that dark bargain is ready again. I don't know if the enrage will be tough, on normal the enrage is like non existing.

Though the only big problem is that with dark bargain i won't have soul link and that requires me to either go affli, or resummon my pet millions of times.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

Yeah I had a few tries on ragna hc (as destro, considering how easy ragna normal was as destro compared to affliction), the transition phases (well the first one, haven't gone further than that ) are the main issue for me. And with the adds placement being random in heroic, that can be really tricky.
    Don't know about Dark Bargain to survive it, for now I've being using Soul Link for pet survability.
    P1 is "easy", the difference from normal is that Wrath of Ragnaros can knock you into a magma trap, so you need to be careful about that.
    P2 should be no problem, the P2-P3 transition will be hard as hell, P3 will be the usual gearcheck so that you can get into P4 with a minimum amount of meteors. P4 should be the easiest phase of all and probably a kill at that point.
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-05-06 at 04:35 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

For that you'd probably also want to try to keep up the scions if you can so that you have extra ember generation for P3.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 02:15 PM ----------

Though the only big problem is that with dark bargain i won't have soul link and that requires me to either go affli, or resummon my pet millions of times.
    Wouldn't be terribly hard to manage, if I remember right his threat table is mostly proxy-based, so as long as you stay in the back half of the room you would never need to worry about threat, would just be an inconvenience and a slow down pushing you closer to enrage.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

For that you'd probably also want to try to keep up the scions if you can so that you have extra ember generation for P3.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 02:15 PM ----------

Wouldn't be terribly hard to manage, if I remember right his threat table is mostly proxy-based, so as long as you stay in the back half of the room you would never need to worry about threat, would just be an inconvenience and a slow down pushing you closer to enrage.
    Threat won't be my problem idd, though the uptime loss on raggy specialy during P3. He hits very hard without void shield/soul leech up so i'd have to almost spam summon my pet..

You can't just spam summon your pet and be safe, your voidlord needs to die in order to reset his stacks and Ragnaros will hit you at least once each time with his Magma Blast because there's no one in melee range. That's a lot of dmg you can't ignore.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

I just don't see this being possible for a long time. You'll need Dark Bargain to survive the transition phases, absolutely 100%. That rules out Destruction immediately (my Pet gets absolutely destroyed without Soul Link, even on normal, as Destruction.)

Affliction you'll need to spam Drain Soul in order to keep your pet alive, and I just don't see it being able to put out the DPS to get into phase 4 with a manageable amount of meteors. I also don't think Phase 4 will be particularly easy, given that the whole room will be covered in Dreadflame and you won't be able to heal yourself enough whilst also drain souling to keep your pet alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    You can't just spam summon your pet and be safe, your voidlord needs to die in order to reset his stacks and Ragnaros will hit you at least once each time with his Magma Blast because there's no one in melee range. That's a lot of dmg you can't ignore.
    Silly question, Would it be possible to use service to put up two voidwalkers to do an artificial tank-swap? Or do you think the difference between lord and walker is significant enough that keeping him alive is going to cause issues?

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Silly question, Would it be possible to use service to put up two voidwalkers to do an artificial tank-swap? Or do you think the difference between lord and walker is significant enough that keeping him alive is going to cause issues?
    That gives you a solution once every two minutes, if it works. You'll need it much more frequently than that. You'd also lose a lot of damage mitigation since Shadow Shield doesn't reduce Fire damage.

The easiest way to reset his stacks is to let him die just as Ragnaros is casting Sulfuras smash, giving you time to resummon and send him in. You'll still take some damage from Magma blast this way, but timing it so that he dies at that precise second is not always possible.

While soloing Halfus in itself isn't necessarily new, apparently soloing him with slate up is a new feat (note the paralysis alert from DBM):

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I also don't think Phase 4 will be particularly easy, given that the whole room will be covered in Dreadflame and you won't be able to heal yourself enough whilst also drain souling to keep your pet alive.
    How is Dreadflame a problem when you have the Deluge buff?
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

While soloing Halfus in itself isn't necessarily new, apparently soloing him with slate up is a new feat (note the paralysis alert from DBM):

Me soloing halfus with slate up for quite a long time ago

Slate AND Nether even ^^

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Doesnt dismissing ur pet remove all debuffs? If u dismiss ur pet with 1 sec remaining on summoning a new one..

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I just don't see this being possible for a long time. You'll need Dark Bargain to survive the transition phases, absolutely 100%. That rules out Destruction immediately (my Pet gets absolutely destroyed without Soul Link, even on normal, as Destruction.)

Affliction you'll need to spam Drain Soul in order to keep your pet alive, and I just don't see it being able to put out the DPS to get into phase 4 with a manageable amount of meteors. I also don't think Phase 4 will be particularly easy, given that the whole room will be covered in Dreadflame and you won't be able to heal yourself enough whilst also drain souling to keep your pet alive.
    I dont think phase 4 will be a big problem with that dreadflame soaking bubble thingie, kiting ALOT of meteors is just a matter of getting used to it. The enrage timer is what comes in here i think.

Question Need some help with soloing lich king hc 25 man

Armory here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple
    Just for fun, or can i with my gear?
    Can play all 3 specs also if thats needed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Jaylock more like Gayblock

Quote Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
    Armory here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teritus/simple
    Just for fun, or can i with my gear?
    Can play all 3 specs also if thats needed
    With that gear i'd say good luck.... I had hard times doing him with 525 ilvl :P

Me soloing halfus with slate up for quite a long time ago
    I wouldn't say that's a long time ago, that's only a month ago. But fiiiine......

Also I didn't put a lot of time on it yesterday but it would appear that heroic Cho'gall shouldn't be too hard of a solo; the main thing is (much like heroic LK) you want to make sure he hits you every so often so he doesn't cast conversion on you. I didn't last long enough to truly test it out, but I would like to think that soul leach would negate the 100% healing debuff of being at 100 corruption, especially since you'll be insta-casting all of your spells at 100% increased dmg (hello big shield from instant double power CBs).

Heroic Cho'gall? Indeed indeed...
    Here we go. Warlock first? (who cares!)

Very fun fight to solo, one of the best I've ever done.
    Between managing your aggro so that the boss hits you to avoid Conversion, getting the 100% Corruption buff that gives you +100% dmg and all your spells instant, and having to keep yourself alive without being able to get any heal, this fight's awesome. And last phase hurts a lot when you're not prepared.
    As destro having all your spells instant isn't such a great thing, mana is the real issue when you still have to wait for it to regen between two spells.
    524ilvl. Lots of trys, but having to reset him each time to build up embers messes up with my dbm count. Was running out of buffs, killed him with my last drums
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-05-09 at 07:48 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

I figured someone who had a little more time/patience than me would be able to figure it out pretty easily. :P

Maybe it'd be a little easier as demo with insta SFs serving to build up your shield AND crank out some good fury? Seemed like you didn't get very many embers past the start of the fight, and especially seeing as the main draw to destro (ember tap) can't even really be utilized here.

When i saw evrelia do it, i just had to do it, and i didnt stop before it was done xD
    Thanks for motivating me haha :P
    Just pointing out that if you killed LK25HC 2nd of May you are after me. Who cares though, world second doesn't count... Still I'd change the title to something more fitting. Congrats Evrelia to World First btw, it's why I went and tried it myself.

twitch.tv/mackstv/c/2211167
    RECORDED APR 26TH 4PM 19:21

While I'm at it, posting some videos from recent Firelands adventures (cannot post links yet), no idea if anyone has killed them before as warlock:

Baleroc 10 Heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPu2MbXHmqE

Rhyolith 10 Heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amzk6wnjntE
    Last edited by Mackslol; 2013-05-11 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackslol View Post
    While I'm at it, posting some videos from recent Firelands adventures (cannot post links yet), no idea if anyone has killed them before as warlock:
    I killed them last timer. Still has no idea why Baleroc takes extra dmg at 40%.

Maybe it'd be a little easier as demo with insta SFs serving to build up your shield AND crank out some good fury? Seemed like you didn't get very many embers past the start of the fight, and especially seeing as the main draw to destro (ember tap) can't even really be utilized here.
    Yeah I thought about it, gonna try as demo next time. Spamming SF in caster form will cost a lot of mana too, but it shouldn't be a problem with Life Tap glyph. For this kill I didn't want to switch from destro, cause I knew it could be done.

I don't know much about the Sinestra fight, is it even doable without healing Calen in P2? I'm still trying to figure out a way to pass P1 anyway. Wrack debuff is killing me (but I know a way - not very safe - to avoid it)
    Last edited by Ysen; 2013-05-10 at 06:07 AM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.