Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thus far i've found Paladin to be amazing for soloing; decent damage with huge on demand heals; 90k minimum Word of Glory never goes amiss, never mind the Flash of Lights from Selfless Healer. Coupled with all the defensive CD's and burst thanks to things such as Avenging Wrath/Vengeance, i'd actually claim Paladin is superior to DK this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Thus far i've found Paladin to be amazing for soloing; decent damage with huge on demand heals; 90k minimum Word of Glory never goes amiss, never mind the Flash of Lights from Selfless Healer. Coupled with all the defensive CD's and burst thanks to things such as Avenging Wrath/Vengeance, i'd actually claim Paladin is superior to DK this time around.
    The only thing with that is that paladins lack a short CD ability similar to AMS (1 min CD spell immunity and spell debuff removal), otherwise yea they're pretty strong right now. I might try soloing some stuff on my paladin since it's far more geared than my DK (maybe start doing 2 TK clears a week now ).

OT: Has anyone messed around with trying to solo alysrazor since patch? I decided to mess around with it a bit last night for about an hour (as afflic with GoSac), best attempt I got her to 61% before the tornado phase started. It was somewhat difficult to make progress because the fight seems somewhat bugged at the moment, kept getting random resets on the fight (seemed like when I was too far away from her she would spin around and knock me back like she does at the start of the fight then despawn).

At least from what I was managing last night it wasn't possible to get the kind of burst that fire mages have been getting, mostly because we don't have something like combustion critting for 200k, and when you land you get eaten alive by all the initiates/hatchlings.

One idea I had that I haven't tried yet was to switch GoSac for GoSup and see if the voidlord can tank the initiates long enough for me to soulswap dots with a 25 stack of the haste buff. Maybe with soul link and glyph of siphon life the healing from a 25 stack corruption would be able to keep him alive through fieroblast. Since their health is so low they drop super fast, then it is just a matter of dealing with the hatchlings and managing to survive when alys reignites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    Every time on Ony I'd get to phase 3 and the whelps would just destroy me. First round of whelps was easy mode, but with the fear my pet would just go full retard and I would die...every time.
    What gear are you wearing? I've never had to deal with many more whelps, after the first set go down (which should leave you on full hp if you SB: SOC and AOE drain life spam with unending resolve), you can, in decent gear, nuke onyxia down before any significant numbers of whelps appear again.

Once she's on the floor my VW can usually tank her without really requiring any healing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    What gear are you wearing? I've never had to deal with many more whelps, after the first set go down (which should leave you on full hp if you SB: SOC and AOE drain life spam with unending resolve), you can, in decent gear, nuke onyxia down before any significant numbers of whelps appear again.

Once she's on the floor my VW can usually tank her without really requiring any healing at all.
    Evilízed at Turalyon is my character (Still can't post links). Gear should be plenty good enough for this.

I guess I'm just derping hard, which is REALLY frustrating because I'm not a shite player.

I'm finally to the point on KT where I can successfully get to fighting him, except he does too much damage (and I don't do enough) and he kills me before he goes into the power-up phase.

Destruction is the key. Both Onyxia and Kael'thas are really easy as destruction.

For Onyxia's whelps, just build up embers during phase 1 then spam Rain of Fire + AOE Incinerates on them - the healing from Soul Leech will keep you at full health.

For Kael, save your embers for Ember Tap.

Always use Soul Leech + Glyph of Siphon Life.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-13 at 04:00 AM.

Apparently Kael's Gravity Lapse was just hotfixed, so that should be a lot easier to do now. Only reason I wiped on the last phase was because it bugged and kept throwing me into the air no matter where I was. -.-

i'm trying to solo kael but he just zergs me at the phase 4... (yes i'm saving embers for ember tap)

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 02:50 AM ----------

ok,ok i did it, just reespecced from dark regeneration to souleech and voalá

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    i'm trying to solo kael but he just zergs me at the phase 4... (yes i'm saving embers for ember tap)

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 02:50 AM ----------

ok,ok i did it, just reespecced from dark regeneration to souleech and voalá
    The passive heal from nuke spells really makes a ton of difference. Congrats on the kill.

Anyone got any tips on the first boss in AQ40? That disrupt is pissing me off.

Since we can Sacrifice our pets the MC isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post

I mostly used rain of fire EVERYWHERE, and immolate whenever I could get it off. And of course conflag when it had a charge. Was more annoying than hard.

As to the one person asking about being ported to Thaldred...

It's a mechanic Thaldred has. If you are standing somewhere he cannot path to, you get ported to him. So, if say Caperian knocks you onto a wall with her Arcane Burst, when Thaldred pops up, you will be ported to him. Try to keep yourself from being right against walls or other objects.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post

He only shocks you when he's not being attacked so you have to have auto attack active (you don't actually have to melee him though, just have it active). When the boss splits into 3, just kill the 2 with the the lowest HP using Fel Flame/instant spells then target the main boss again, auto attack and nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    As to the one person asking about being ported to Thaldred...

It's a mechanic Thaldred has. If you are standing somewhere he cannot path to, you get ported to him. So, if say Caperian knocks you onto a wall with her Arcane Burst, when Thaldred pops up, you will be ported to him. Try to keep yourself from being right against walls or other objects.
    I actually ran into this last night with my paladin, I found that if I take her to a corner area with a high wall she will spam me with AB but not actually knock me up anywhere so I won't get ported.

As a lock though I never get ported because she never knocks me back, just my pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    Evilízed at Turalyon is my character (Still can't post links). Gear should be plenty good enough for this.

I guess I'm just derping hard, which is REALLY frustrating because I'm not a shite player.

I'm finally to the point on KT where I can successfully get to fighting him, except he does too much damage (and I don't do enough) and he kills me before he goes into the power-up phase.
    Yeah, I'm guessing it was just a case of derping out on something, just went and done Onyxia just now as EU realms have reset - trivial as affliction, I forgot to pop unending resolve on the whelps and still had no trouble - Onyxia landed at around the same time the first draconian add turned up, had no whelps bar the first batch - though my gear is slightly better.

SB SOC + AOE drain life spam and an optional SB COE dealt with whelps no problem.

Kael is doing my head in though, used to waltz all over him as affliction with a sub-optimal pvp spec. Having huge problems with the first Kael phase as affliction, tried taking him down as demonology with the hunter strategy of just having your pet slowly kill him out of LOS, he MC'd me despite me being around a corner...

Think I'll just wait until MOP, which makes me feel like a terrible player for finding Kael "too hard", but I really can't be bothered going destruction for this. At least I can still waltz all over Onyxia and Malygos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go Destro for Kael. I used to always solo it as Affliction pre-5.0. Ysen suggested going Destro. It's so much easier of a fight now as Destro.

Deleted
    Seriously yeah, just go destro for Kael'Thas. I mean it's the obvious choice. Since the patch with his mind control is bugged, you don't want to fight him with a pet (the old "stay out of LOS during MC" might still work, but it's really suboptimal). So you need to pick Grimoire of Sacrifice.
    Going Demo (for Dark Apotheosis) is a no-go because the wild imp procs will make him MC you anyway.
    So it's between Destro and Affliction. Affliction self-healing is... Soulburn: Drain Life. Destro's is Ember Tap. Easy to see which one's better

10+ Year Old Account
    For fights that you are allowed to have a pet, affliction is amazing. After couple hours of messing around I finally killed Deathbringer Saurfang and there is no way I could have done it without SB: Health Funnel. I tried a pull as demo and I just dropped in like 20 seconds.

Looking forward to trying more content with this, its a really fun solo style. Way more fun then doing it with my DK I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think i'm cut out for soloing old content..although it is nice to finally see raids :S Can only kill a few like 8 bosses in nax 10 >.< i think i will retry when pandalands comes out

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    For fights that you are allowed to have a pet, affliction is amazing. After couple hours of messing around I finally killed Deathbringer Saurfang and there is no way I could have done it without SB: Health Funnel. I tried a pull as demo and I just dropped in like 20 seconds.

Looking forward to trying more content with this, its a really fun solo style. Way more fun then doing it with my DK I think.
    How difficult was it for you to do it as affliction? It took me ~10 attempts to kill him as Detro with Ilvl 397. Wondering which spec is better for soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    How difficult was it for you to do it as affliction? It took me ~10 attempts to kill him as Detro with Ilvl 397. Wondering which spec is better for soloing.
    It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't easy either (you can see in the video I linked quite a few of bodies).

But a lot of those I was just being retarded, hah.

Im curious how you did it though, as affliction with the crazy amount of heals I found it pretty tight keeping up. I didn't think that destro had enough healing (ember gen is way slower then shard gen) to keep up.