Page 60 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Spirit Kings
    • It is no longer possible for pets to tank Qiang the Merciless.

Not sure exactly how, but they deliberately patched it to make it impossible. Presumably they just won't hold aggro or something.

They probably made it so he will 1 shot them, still leaves the possibility of kiting him depending on how fast he moves.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    They probably made it so he will 1 shot them, still leaves the possibility of kiting him depending on how fast he moves.
    Our guild's feral liked to kite him after wipe command, but only in cat form. Taking in account new KJC and 60 s gateway cd, it would be hard to kite him and beat the enrage

Why not Elegon?
    The 50% dmg/heal buff would help survival through Soul Leech a lot, and I guess the pet won't get any Overcharged debuff (+ Avoidance for the breath). At least I don't see any impossible mechanics.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Why not Elegon?
    The 50% dmg/heal buff would help survival through Soul Leech a lot, and I guess the pet won't get any Overcharged debuff (+ Avoidance for the breath). At least I don't see any impossible mechanics.

Elegon should be doable, but we'll only be able to get a few stacks solo because of the MF nerf, meaning that the final phase will be long as hell. Will be incredibly hard, but maybe possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Elegon should be doable, but we'll only be able to get a few stacks solo because of the MF nerf, meaning that the final phase will be long as hell. Will be incredibly hard, but maybe possible.
    10 min hard enrage, as I remember. 294m, +50% damage + some +dmg stacks. Tough enough

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Our guild's feral liked to kite him after wipe command, but only in cat form. Taking in account new KJC and 60 s gateway cd, it would be hard to kite him and beat the enrage
    The new KJC would probably make it easier since you can spam incin/SB/MG with no movement penalty. Afflic might actually be the best for it since you can do pretty much your full rotation without stopping.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-07-04 at 04:10 PM.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Avoidance thing doesn't apply to his cleaves if the pet is the only target hit by it. Could be wrong, but I remember trying it and having that be the result.
    My guild at the time decided to try pet tanking, what happened was a spontaneous threat drop every now and then. My Voidlord would simply drop all threat every once in a while.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    My guild at the time decided to try pet tanking, what happened was a spontaneous threat drop every now and then. My Voidlord would simply drop all threat every once in a while.
    Random threat drops won't really mean much if you maintain the gateway debuff, they can't really do much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Random threat drops won't really mean much if you maintain the gateway debuff, they can't really do much about that.
    This. Someone should try it.

Worked like a charm, unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near the dps requirement to beat the fight. Very possible next tier though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Worked like a charm, unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near the dps requirement to beat the fight. Very possible next tier though.

Just to add clarity here, pet seemed to be able to hold aggro a lot of the time but would lose aggro very frequently, sometimes even when I had the gateway debuff. Using the Gateway again or Soulshattering, sometimes even taunting again, would always make him return to the pet for a short time. Pretty easy to keep him at distance with proper positioning though and kite him until you can Gateway again. Massive Attack is only 800k damage before mitigation, so you can easily survive a hit here and there for when he catches up to you.

As for the enrage, no chance. Think it's approx 261k dps required sustained for 10 minutes, not including dpsing the Shadow adds. Factor in dps lost in the first phase jumping through gateways all the time, resummoning pet during Subetai (for rain of arrows) etc, and it looks like something that MAY be possible in full bis next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    resummoning pet during Subetai (for rain of arrows) etc, and it looks like something that MAY be possible in full bis next tier.
    I'm sorry, why do you need to resummon pet on subetai? As I remember, you could just teleport out of the rain via demonic circle

Or you can use Unbound Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    Or you can use Unbound Will.
    Given it's cooldown, that is not a viable strategy.

With item level 501,

whats the highest tier that i can realistically solo as destro? considering im not a scrub?

- - - Updated - - -

also how the fuck do i solo thorim

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    With item level 501,

whats the highest tier that i can realistically solo as destro? considering im not a scrub?

- - - Updated - - -

At 501 you can do some bosses like Magmaw and Omnitron. The first three bosses in Dragon Soul should be possible as well. Thorim is really annoying. I've done it a few times but I don't remember enough to explain properly. You can probably find some videos of people doing it.

considering im not a scrub?
    how the fuck do i solo thorim

Had to do it.

how bout giving me a fucking answer instead of trolling you cunt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    At 501 you can do some bosses like Magmaw and Omnitron. The first three bosses in Dragon Soul should be possible as well. Thorim is really annoying. I've done it a few times but I don't remember enough to explain properly. You can probably find some videos of people doing it.
    Thanks. it was the boss resetting i was concerned about

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-07 at 07:47 AM.

With item level 501,

- - - Updated - - -

This should give you a good start. It's a post from this very thread, could have simply found it by searching for Thorim in the thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20541303
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Ah yea, that's not too bad

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also the soul slink souleach stuff blew my mind. could have solod some of this stuff a lot easier before heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the soul slink souleach stuff blew my mind. could have solod some of this stuff a lot easier before heh.