Will Demo and Aff be viable for raiding?

Hello guys!

Im new to the forum, and hope you guys wont go too hard on me ^^

Ive been in big doubts about weather Aff and Demo will be atleast decent for raiding here in WoD.
    Ive been playing destro for pretty all part of my rather little warlock life. (Started playing lock in 5.4.2, so I have only raided SoO as warlock, allthough I did level from 90-100 as Demo.) And I find it rather boring, espcially at lvl 100 where I do not have high crit chance. Ive done some reading and it seems like mastery and crit are equally good as destro...

So my question is, will Aff and Demo be viable for raiding? (I know its about having fun, but ill be raiding with IRLs and we wanna try and progress as much as possible, so everyone have to put in a lot of effort to do so)

Viable? Yes.

The optimal choice? Looks like no at the moment, but there's still a lot of time before we really see.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Viable? Yes.

The optimal choice? Looks like no at the moment, but there's still a lot of time before we really see.
    Thanks for the fast answer!
    Meeh... Thats the only thing I can really say to destro atm ^^
    Last edited by Zaetus; 2014-11-17 at 05:15 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Demo will be optimal on certain fights. It has the best filler for movement heavy fights. If we get a patchwerk, sure, you want to go destro, but if you move a lot, demo will do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Demo will be optimal on certain fights. It has the best filler for movement heavy fights. If we get a patchwerk, sure, you want to go destro, but if you move a lot, demo will do better.
    Thats a good point, didnt really think about that!

How much moving can do you b/f you mess up your doombolt burn? I've felt kind of turret-y as demo since hitting 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    How much moving can do you b/f you mess up your doombolt burn? I've felt kind of turret-y as demo since hitting 100.
    Same! There is not a whole lot of room for mobility before you won't make it to 800 fury before that burn phase. It feels great imo, because mobility is now a thing you need to make good decisions around, and not just some mindless thing.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Viable, yes. It doesn't matter though. The expansion just came out. Wait until the first big patch that evens out dps more. Play with what you are comfortable with and have fun. If you can get through proving grounds gold, you should be fine raiding. Just make sure there is no downtime in attacks and stay out of crap so healers dont have to worry about you. A guild raid leader would be a total ass to not let you raid b/c of you being demon or afflic. If that was the case, assassination and combat rogues would never get into raids lol.

Try playing challenge mode Nerzhul as Destro. Lol, it's dps shits the bathwater big time on movement heavy fights.

If I were you, I'd main Demo for all the mobility fights in HM and BrF and keep a viable Destro off-spec/set for Patchwerk-esque DPS race and tank n spank fights. (All 2 of em)
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2014-11-17 at 07:36 PM.
    ~RAWR!

Deleted
    Im not raiding this expansion, but in general to prepare: learn every spec quite thoroughly and set up your UI for them, so that you can take advantage of any spec outshining the others on certain fights. It can be quite hard (for me, anyway) to switch specs to accomodate a certain fight's mechanics and perform at the same level as your main spec, simply due to lack of automatisms.