Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
58
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    With GoSac he went in without pets, and kael won't MC you if you are the only target.
    I haven't tried it this week (only did last Tuesday after I hit 90), but I'd forgotten in my haze to sac my pet for some reason. Yet I didn't get MC'd. Engy trinket proccd, still didn't get MC... DAWUT?

  2. #142
    They might have stealth hotfixed it but I'm not sure. I'm not willing to waste the time to see if they have when I have ways to do the fight without worrying about MC at all.

  3. #143
    I can confirm that they have hotfixed it so he does not MC the tank anymore. Did it with my voidlord for tanking advisors and pulled out my shivara for P4 and didn't get MC'd once. Saw him say, "Obey me!" a couple times though.

  4. #144
    Well, I wonder if it's hotfixed or just vs. level 90s the MC is missing us? Guess I could try with my DK.

  5. #145
    Hey guys,

    Yesterday I've been finally trying to solo ICC but I'm already getting stomped on Lord Marrowgar with his bloody Bonespike. What's the trick to soloing this guy with a warlock? Please talk to me like I've five because I have the feeling I'm missing something obvious.

    Thanks in advance!

  6. #146
    I used to solo marrowgar at lvl 85... as a dk tho, if its really 'solo' you should never be spiked... if your being spiked i would guess its something to do with the lock pet so try to do it with a different one / no pet
    apart from that, do more than 12k dps, a lil healing and stay out of the blue fire... ^^
    good luck!

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey View Post
    Hey guys,

    Yesterday I've been finally trying to solo ICC but I'm already getting stomped on Lord Marrowgar with his bloody Bonespike. What's the trick to soloing this guy with a warlock? Please talk to me like I've five because I have the feeling I'm missing something obvious.

    Thanks in advance!
    At lvl90 you can simply kill him with Dark Apotheosis+Grimoire of Sacrifice, that's a no brainer.
    To avoid the spikes you need to either despawn your pet or being hit by the boss before he casts the spike (easy to do with the DA taunt if you go Dark Apotheosis+Grimoire of Supremacy), that's how I had to do it at lvl85 in heroic mode.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  8. #148
    Did Kael as Aff with GoSac, however left my Voidwalker up for the first 3 phases and used him to tank the Astromancer and Engineer while I nuked Sanguinar and Thaladred. Proceeded to sac my voidwalker after all 4 advisors were dead and killed Kael with no trouble.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey View Post
    Hey guys,

    Yesterday I've been finally trying to solo ICC but I'm already getting stomped on Lord Marrowgar with his bloody Bonespike. What's the trick to soloing this guy with a warlock? Please talk to me like I've five because I have the feeling I'm missing something obvious.

    Thanks in advance!
    I do all of my solos as destro, makes things go faster. Just Dismiss your pet as soon as he starts casting bonespike (make sure you are at a good distance from the boss) and resummon your pet as soon as you dismiss him. Pretty easy fight.

  10. #150
    Well, managed to do Lord Marrowgar. Took forever as I needed to keep using Drain Life but in the end it was definitely easy. Just used Grimoire of Sacrifice to get the pet out of it, DA and keep applying Corruption and HoGD and DL in the meantime.

    Lady Deathwhisper is hard as hell tho. Tried as Destro (easier to manage the adds but too little healing on self), tried as Demo (great on the shield but crap on the adds, just don't get em down fast enough) so keep dying in Phase 1 on the adds. Any suggestions? The video's make it seem ridiculously simple but I don't see where I go wrong.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey View Post
    Lady Deathwhisper is hard as hell tho. Tried as Destro (easier to manage the adds but too little healing on self), tried as Demo (great on the shield but crap on the adds, just don't get em down fast enough) so keep dying in Phase 1 on the adds. Any suggestions? The video's make it seem ridiculously simple but I don't see where I go wrong.
    Post 5.0 at lvl85, I did Deathwhisper as afflic (Grimoire of Supremacy with Observer). You need to focus the Adherents and kill them before they cast Curse of Torpor. At 85 I had two waves of adds before P2. Once you get to P2 with no adds the fight's won.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Didn't you get MCed? Did you not use pets? :O
    I just solo'd him as demonology with Service, and while he did *cast* the spell, it did not MC me. I had threat the whole time. Very straightforward fight without worrying about that.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Post 5.0 at lvl85, I did Deathwhisper as afflic (Grimoire of Supremacy with Observer). You need to focus the Adherents and kill them before they cast Curse of Torpor. At 85 I had two waves of adds before P2. Once you get to P2 with no adds the fight's won.
    Would it be possible for you to elaborate somewhat on the tactics you used? I haven't played Affliction since pre-Cata-times. A few questions I have for example:

    Why do you use the Observer? I read somewhere it's the highest DPS pet we get with GoSup for non-demo specs but I could image it having something to do with abilities it has (with regards to caster adds for example). Do you use your pet on the adds or to help getting the shield down?

    Do you have any burst damage available for the adds or do you just dot the three and use haunt on the casters?

    Likely there are some obvious answers to the above but I feel like I've been running into a brick wall the whole night so it's very possible I'm just not seeing atm. Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers/help!

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmonkey View Post
    Would it be possible for you to elaborate somewhat on the tactics you used? I haven't played Affliction since pre-Cata-times.
    The goal is to get to P2 as soon as possible, and not being overwhelmed by the adds.
    I used the Observer for his interrupt/silence, if a Cult Adherent casts Curse of Torpor it's pretty much a wipe (Grimoire of Service may work too, you should get more boss dps with it). SB:SS the adds and they'll go down quickly.
    One problem at 90 is that you won't get any shard back by draining the adds because they're too low lvl. But with your dps you should reach phase 2 in only one add phase. Potion pre-pull + Terrorguard right off the bat.
    SB:Summon Voidwalker and taunt the boss once you get to P2, it's easy then.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  15. #155
    Decided to start farming TK for the mount since i was at lvl 90.

    Affliction, its easy never get close to dying and didnt excpect to.

    however i will only need to do these 2 kills since it dropped for me yesterday :P


  16. #156
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,844
    Congrats! Funnily enough I got mine from soloing him too.

  17. #157
    i still prefer my Cloud serpents hehe,

    but its cool for the Alts that arent exalted with Order of the cloud serpent hehe

  18. #158
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    i'm kinda wondering if firelands is solo doable, since i want that freaking legendary somehow

    sadly most bosses that come to mind all got a realy anyoing habbits where you need 2
    (spider 1 top 1 down, aly could be possible, stonedude could be possible, hunterdude + pets .. stacks to infinity, Bigassdude stacks+cristal .., majorlolz doesn't change form, raggi stacks+adds+hammer+bombs .. ) might find some bored guys but i'd still rater do it solo

  19. #159
    Hey guys, im a bit of a noob to raids, i have never been on one with my guild so basically me and a friend or two want to go back and do all the content we never got to see since we started in TBC expansion stuff.

    So i wanted to know with a Warlock and a Hunter how far through content could we get as a 2? possible help from a druid healer if needed.

    Mainly want to run TBC raids but would like the option of seeing some Wotlk content as i never saw any of it, and i assume only being 5 levels higher means you still need a few more for cata stuff?

    Just looking at what options i have to get transmog gear!

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    i'm kinda wondering if firelands is solo doable, since i want that freaking legendary somehow

    sadly most bosses that come to mind all got a realy anyoing habbits where you need 2
    (spider 1 top 1 down, aly could be possible, stonedude could be possible, hunterdude + pets .. stacks to infinity, Bigassdude stacks+cristal .., majorlolz doesn't change form, raggi stacks+adds+hammer+bombs .. ) might find some bored guys but i'd still rater do it solo
    Alysrazor was already soloable at 85...
    Baleroc is probably impossible because of the Shards.
    Beth'ilac should be doable, during beta I could reach P2 but just didn't have enough dps. You don't need someone down.
    Ryolith also, but I had trouble to make him turn.
    Ragnaros should be interesting to try.


    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    So i wanted to know with a Warlock and a Hunter how far through content could we get as a 2? possible help from a druid healer if needed.
    At 90 you can 2-man everything from TBC and WotLK (at least 10m normal). If you have a healer behind you there's also a few Cata bosses doable.
    Last edited by Ysen; 2012-10-12 at 01:25 PM.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •