Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, just want to say thanks for all the help on this forum in regards to KT. I'm writing this a little late, but before Mists I was really wanting to start farming tempest keep for the mount. After reading all these forums I went in one weekend and for some reason it took me a really long time to get it. It was probably at least 15 attempts as Destruction, but I did finally get it. The next week went in there and my friend was visiting and bitching about having to watch me play wow. I had already started the encounter so I told him to just wait and if I wiped I would stop playing. While waiting on a phase I joked about the mount dropping while he was sitting there. A few minutes later, downed him, BAM A'lar. So two kills and got the mount. I've had exceptional luck with mount drops for some reason. Raven came on 4th attempt.

Yogg +0 soloed. It's an easy fight, but rng can fuck you up big time in phase 2. Was too lazy to upload a full video, but honestly, this clip shows you all you need to do in phase 3 (the only some-what difficult part). Gonna go for Heroic Lich King sometime this week. It shouldn't be too difficult to down.

Also, the reason I summoned my Abyssal instead of Terrorguard is because the winged bastard glitches on this fight is immediately starts attacking the guardians instead of Yogg even though I summon him on Yogg.

Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2012-10-13 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    At last some Cata bosses, Al'Akir done as Affliction.
    Easy one, there's not much damage taken in P1-P2. P3 may get hectic if you just want to burst down the boss without thinking like me

Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-15 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone managed to solo Morrowgar 25?

I've managed to get him to 5% but died to the enrage, I'm sure with a bit more time and / or gear I'd be able to get him down - but has anyone been able to get a cleaner kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Gonna go for Heroic Lich King sometime this week. It shouldn't be too difficult to down.
    Better not let that Plague stack too high

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

I've managed to get him to 5% but died to the enrage, I'm sure with a bit more time and / or gear I'd be able to get him down - but has anyone been able to get a cleaner kill?
    What spec were you? It shouldn't be that difficult to pull the dps necessary before he enrages with the 30% buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

Might be a spec issue, I don't know.
    As affliction I just killed him in 6:44, so plenty of time before enrage. With 476ilvl. Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Sacrificial Pact, BR, GoSupremacy, KjC.
    Very easy to do, each time he casts Bone Spike, just use a /script PetAbandon() /cast Summon Voidlord macro that will despawn and summon your pet so that you don't get the spike. Your pet will taunt just as he spawns and you won't take any (or very few) damage. Also this way you never have to worry about healing your pet, so just focus on dps.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-16 at 12:10 AM.

How on earth can you solo LK HC? Do you mean LK 10 or 25?

Solo'd KT in one try the moment I got 90. Died 8 times at 89 but it was really easy at 90 as destruction.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Any pet will get you MCed, that much I'm pretty sure of. Maybe at some point he wouldn't recognise the pet if it wasn't attacking, or maybe it had to be not in combat, maybe some patch or other changed that behaviour, who knows? Best bet is just to put away any pets, guardians, etc.

P.S. Is anyone working on heroic LK I wonder... or does Harvest Soul in HM reset the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    I think KT is just broken.
    They don't design bosses to be soloable. Nor do they specifically design them to prevent you from soloing them. So how it works out is, some you can and some you can't, depends on class, spec, talents etc etc. Doesn't mean it's "broken". It was never intended to "work".
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-10-16 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Any pet will get you MCed, that much I'm pretty sure of.
    I think that bug has been fixed.

P.S. Is anyone working on heroic LK I wonder... or does Harvest Soul in HM reset the fight?
    Harvest Soul does not reset the fight.

Deleted
    What spec were you? It shouldn't be that difficult to pull the dps necessary before he enrages with the 30% buff.
    I was doing it with a voidwalker + dark apothesis since I was wanting to solo the 25man boned achieve, was doing pretty piss-poor dps as a result, almost nothing but draining and dodging fire.

It hadn't occurred to me that I'd be able to simply dismiss my pet and summon it back for some reason - should have no trouble shifting the numbers as affliction, my dps as that is fine.

Now I feel like an idiot.

They don't design bosses to be soloable. Nor do they specifically design them to prevent you from soloing them. So how it works out is, some you can and some you can't, depends on class, spec, talents etc etc. Doesn't mean it's "broken". It was never intended to "work".
    I'd argue Xelnath would be one of the few posters on the forums that I'd concede the rights to declare something broken or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    I think that bug has been fixed.

Harvest Soul does not reset the fight.
    I did kael earlier today with a pet, his MC never occurred so I think it's been fixed now.

ZA Bear Run and Raptor/Panther mount bosses in ZG soloable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Never attempted. I'll go try out a bear run for you and tell you how it is.

im the worst solo lock ever i cant even solo the 1st boss of AQ 40
    There are two sides to the blade of Demonology...
    ... the threats that besiege us from the outside...
    ... and those that threaten us from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I just finished the run....unsuccessfully. I did it as destro with a average Ilvl of 474 without flasks/pots/buff food/ghetto kings+fort. It was much more difficult than I had anticipated, but was not that difficult. I had just finished the last pack of lynxes when the timer ran out, but that was after I had already had 2 wipes which made me lose about 4 minutes in total. The first wipe was due to me attempting to pull 2 lynx mobs.....not a good idea. The second wipe was me attempting to use Invisibility Potion past the lynx mobs to make up for lost time.....they have True Sight.

A few notes. The trash and bosses hit much harder than expected. I made one mistake on the bird boss and came close to dying. I havoced the bird when it picked me up and try to Chaos Bolt the boss while it was flying me away since I already had my CDs up and didn't want to waste them. Unfortunately the bird turned me away mid-cast and I was not facing the boss and couldn't get the cast off, adding about 5 seconds to the bird flying with me. The problem with this is that the bird does a massive amount of damage when it has you. I finished the boss with very low hp. My second mistake was pulling the Dragonhawk boss with a Zandalari Juggernaut (the big troll adds that transform at 50% hp) from the mob right before the boss to save some time since I was at around 9 minutes left on the timer. There is a lot of damage going out on the fight from the little adds giving you the stacking flame buffet, so any added damage is not advised. I got to 1% hp at one point in the fight.

So all in all, the achievement isn't really that difficult to solo with decent gear. I don't intent to go for it again I have no interest in the mount, but it is very doable.

Also, the Panther boss was soloed at 85, so I am sure it can be soloed at 90 easily. Bloodlord has his OP one-shot ability, so I can't say much about that.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2012-10-20 at 12:31 PM.

But does he use it if you're the only person there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    But does he use it if you're the only person there?
    Yes he does

Yes he does
    Well that sucks!

Did alysrazor as affliction last night, 468 ilvl, used drums as my only other buff (didn't realize how crappy that worm food was until then). At this gear level the only difficult part is that I couldn't quite get her down before a tornado phase (about 30% without any potions). To survive the tornado phase I did as destro locks were already doing, landing outside the firewall. Popped bulwark for the first part of the tornado phase and then used UR and paired dark regen with a HS and drain life until dark regen faded, then used SBL until just before she burned out (on one attempt while I continued to drain her after burnout the hatchlings came after me). Ran up Rhyo's hill to avoid her cleave after reignite, grabbed feathers and finished the fight.

I haven't done much raiding yet but I'm sure after I start getting more 496 gear and show up with more potions and raid food I'll more easily be able to kill her before the tornado phase starts.

I've seen the raptor boss soled by tanks. Basically the one-shot ability is just a very large hit. What they all do is pop everything to survive in then kill him in 3 sec due to crazy vengeance stacks.