Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just go without a pet an spam instants. He can't mindcontrol if there is only one thing and it's not a silence it's an interrupt.

Having difficulties as Destru on Kael'Thas. The problems start when he summons ALL of the advisors at once. It's not like they hit hard or anything, but I'm CC'd constantly and I'm lucky if I can get off one instant cast within 30 seconds. How do you avoid this?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Having difficulties as Destru on Kael'Thas. The problems start when he summons ALL of the advisors at once. It's not like they hit hard or anything, but I'm CC'd constantly and I'm lucky if I can get off one instant cast within 30 seconds. How do you avoid this?
    Use the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Use the staff.
    Well, now I feel stupid as hell. Thanks.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Any idea if Algalon 25 has been soloed yet?

Use the staff or use your pet until P4 starts. I generally have voidy out so he can tank a few advisors while I pick them off. I prefer the latter because I can keep the DPS of my real weapon rather than dumping all the stats and spell power for the immunity, then I only have to deal with a couple CCs.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-12-13 at 07:06 PM.

I did most of it at 85 during the pre-patch.

I haven't tried SSC since cata, but back then I was easily able to do 4/6; Fathom Lord was impossible as a caster because he does dmg equal to half your total (not remaining) health, he might be doable now if you burst him down fast enough. Vashj is doable but annoying, you have to keep the adds under control as best you can while making sure you are easily able to get to the corrupted elementals that spawn as fast as you can. They only stay up for about 10-15 seconds then despawn, but if you can make it they changed it awhile back so you can move while carrying a tainted core, and P3 is super easy compared to P2, just a burn phase.

All of TK has been soloable since 4.2.

Ultraxion is 100% unsoloable. Hagara is also, as far as I'm concerned, unsoloable, purely because of the ice tombs, but it's not that far off. Possibly next tier as Demo if your pet can break you out.

I'm struggling on Warmaster right now. It seems pretty soloable, just extremely tough. The first phase is pretty straightforward. Second phase is extremely tough. With the stacking debuff on the pet and the constant damage he does to you, it's very hard to stay alive. My best try is around 50%. It does seem possible but some heavy RNG might be required.

You don't really even need the staff. Just have an ember saved for a backdraft hasted havoc+chaos bolt to get both Capernian and Telonicus down in seconds.

This might require GoSac. I dunno, I've always just done it in my PvE destro spec with no pet since hitting 90.

Deleted
    Finally got algalon 25 man down, not sure if it has been killed before.

The enrage is very tight, I would not advise anyone to do this in Ilvl<500 gear. Its a really fun challenge though

http://i50.tinypic.com/t4xxxc.jpg

He enraged at 4%, and was about to start casting Asscend to the heavens.
    Last edited by mmoc3362c861c9; 2012-12-14 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Please use thumbnails for posting large images like that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Ultraxion is 100% unsoloable. Hagara is also, as far as I'm concerned, unsoloable, purely because of the ice tombs, but it's not that far off. Possibly next tier as Demo if your pet can break you out.

I'm struggling on Warmaster right now. It seems pretty soloable, just extremely tough. The first phase is pretty straightforward. Second phase is extremely tough. With the stacking debuff on the pet and the constant damage he does to you, it's very hard to stay alive. My best try is around 50%. It does seem possible but some heavy RNG might be required.
    Eh we just need roughly 617k dps to be able to solo Ultraxion.

Is Firelands soloable by any chance? Or at least a few of the bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Is Firelands soloable by any chance? Or at least a few of the bosses?
    I'm sure a few bosses are, for certain Alysrazor is soloable (usually the one in question because of the mount). If your gear isn't high enough to kill her before the tornado phase starts, just land outside the fire at the entrance to the room and rotate your self heals and dmg reduction CDs to survive, run up Rhyo's hill after she burns out and wait up there til she hits full power then rinse and repeat.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I had trouble with Alysrazor NM during Cata so I'm not too sure if I'd be able to solo it just yet >< I just want to know the easiest way to get Eternal Embers and solo.

My first solo of alys was probably around 460ish ilvl as afflic. I picked up Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, and GoSac. Don't use KjC as it still activates even when you have feathers. Once you start to get used to it you can sometimes predict where the rings will spawn and you can get 2 stacks from 1 ring this way. One of the biggest things to be careful of is your distance relative to her. She has a tendency to despawn if you get too far from her, so just try to stay close to her. When P2 starts land just outside the entrance to the room, on the other side of the firewall. You can rotate your CDs and self heals and still safely DPS her from here. After she burns out run up Rhyo's hill (which you need to clear before you start). If you can get her sub 10% before she burns out (P3) you can just pop DB and run into the room to finish her. For trash you can run right past all the trash all the way up to her room (low aggro radius), and for her trash you just use the 2 big birds to kill everything.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

When you originally kill them, make sure you don't kill them on the same spot but that you leave enough space between them to not have to deal with 2 of them at the same time. When level 85 this ment you started all the way back at the start of the instance, at level 90 you can more likely do it faster with less space in between.

Here is a video which shows what I mean... GL

anyone with any ideas for soloing the raptors boss, can't figure out a way around decapitate on a lock

anyone with any ideas for soloing the raptors boss, can't figure out a way around decapitate on a lock
    Not sure if he's doable right now. The only way I've seen him soloed was from tanks. They used to be able to pop CDs for the Decapitate then kill him in a few seconds due to the crazy vengeance. Vengeance has been changed since then to avoid this kind of abuse so I doubt they could do it now. I think if/when we reach a point where we can safely survive a decapitate we would kill him before the next one.