Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't think we can use Teleport after getting launched. Not 100% sure but I recall having tried once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I might underestimate the pet's DPS or overestimating the amount of damage needed, but the odds are that you might break the grip ony to have Deathwing roll anyway (you can't just swap sides at the last second, he'll roll regardless if you do that)
    We can also dot the tentacle prior to the grip. The pet isn't gonna break it on his own.

Warlock soloing - old raids - advice please

Hiya,

So I recently started to watch some solo videos of people doing stuff, easier things at first then progressing. I recently started watching some warlock videos soloing ulduar 10man HC for the drake.

I was wondering whats the best strategy for dealing with the towers that spawn the dwarfs before leviathan etc ?

Have you tried any solo content if sop what and how far did u get ? ilvl and spec etc ? I have started easy Naxx, Malygos, OS etc - But I want to do Ulduar, ToTc etc. Does anyone have any really good commentary videos by any chance ?
    Also if you already done this stuff whats the chance for error ? you have to be perfect ? or can u mess up a tad etc ?

Cheers

This thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Old-Content has plenty of good info on warlock soloing. As it stands pretty much anything Vanilla and BC can be done, all of T7, T8, T9, T10 (except Dreamwalker) and some stuff in Cata (alysrazor being the easiest cata raid boss).

For the towers, I usually skip most of them. I kill the last 2 that are right before flame levi's room. Make sure you are using a demo, any other vehicle will take too long to kill flame levi. I haven't tried 4 tower flame levi yet, but I'd imagine if you line up the demos you can just roll your pyrite on him to take him down.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Let's add Shannox to the list!

I didn't want to try bursting him while ignoring the dogs, they enrage when the boss reaches 30% and seem to hit way too hard.
    You need your pet to attack Rageface in order to break Face Rage (DoT won't work). It's better not to trap any dog as that would cost you time. Managed to kill both dogs at the same time, when the boss was at 45%. Then it's just a matter of keeping your pet alive/letting him die when he has too many stacks. As usual, using Demonic Gateway to summon a new pet is key (boss or adds aren't tauntable).
    Not that hard, gear will help a lot to repeat.

Man, and I was just trying out shannox the other day, and for some reason I didn't even think to make use of the rings from alysrazor...

Well hello there guys!
    Today I got bored and as I love soloing I tried to solo down ICC 10 HC. So far so good I must say, I could solo most of them with the exception of 3: Valithria (for obvious reasons), LK (working on it) and The Blood Prince Council (took a friend there to get them down)
    Now this also brings me to my point: while Valithria is unsoloable for us, and LK will fall for surely the Prince Council seemed impossible to me. There is something ridiculous with their damage output, either my Voidlord/Voidwalker is bugged, but no boss had ever hit it that hard: whileo thers like Sindra or Lana'thel were hiting my pet for 15k and me for like 20k, the Council was gladly pummeling both of us with 30-45k every attack, not to mention if they scored a critical hit. Now despite their ridiculous damage they had relative low health pool, so man was a cake. But I am really interested in how you can handle the Council if you want to do them alone.
    Last edited by Nerfarien; 2012-12-21 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    the Prince Council seemed impossible to me. There is something ridiculous with their damage output, either my Voidlord/Voidwalker is bugged, but no boss had ever hit it that hard: whileo thers like Sindra or Lana'thel were hiting my pet for 15k and me for like 20k, the Council was gladly pummeling both of us with 30-45k every attack, not to mention if they scored a critical hit. Now despite their ridiculous damage they had relative low health pool, so man was a cake. But I am really interested in how you can handle the Council if you want to do them alone.
    Blood Council is bugged indeed, they hit pets for ridiculously high amounts.
    Just go Dark Apotheosis+Grimoire of Sacrifice and it'll be a breeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gunship can't be soloed, right? Or can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Heya

Pre-patch I was doing alright. Soloed most TBC raid content, minus Gruul's Lair, SWP and something I cannot for the life of me remember. Have soloed Sarth, KT/Naxx, Malygos, a few bosses in VoA, etc..

But I'm having um "issues" now. I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to solo KT, which is really the only boss worth it for the mount minus VoA. Has anybody tried since the patch went Live? I've tried Affliction, both Sac and Supremacy with Soul Link and for whatever reason I'm either being MC'd even though the pet isn't attacking (used to leave it on passive and silenced KT whenever I could before). I've tried Demo but honestly, I've never much touched the spec except the rare occasion to screw around so maybe I'm missing something for this...

Any advice?
    I've killed KTas afflict. All I do is have my void try and hold aggro on the mobs but after they die the second time I sacrifice so I don't get mc'd and than burn him down and pop a dark bargain than a soul burn + life drain when I get low on health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Gunship can't be soloed, right? Or can it?
    It can.
    At least in normal mode, but I think I saw some heroic kills somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    It can.
    It's soloable on heroic, very easily, if you know what to do.

I've killed KTas afflict. All I do is have my void try and hold aggro on the mobs but after they die the second time I sacrifice so I don't get mc'd and than burn him down and pop a dark bargain than a soul burn + life drain when I get low on health.
    Even in just blues you can tank him as afflic with sac. A couple things to make him a bit easier:

1. The first time the Engineer comes up you have to choices. Either you have the dps to kill him before he does his toy or you don't. If you don't just take is slow and keep moving to avoid his bombs. Then when toy has less than 10 sec on it kill him. This will make sure the debuff falls off for the weapons.
    2. Once the weapons are down equip the staff and use the buff. Makes the rest of the fight so much easier.

It can.
    I can confirm that, I soloed it yesterday in Heroic, it was a piece of cake.

Deleted
    After Shannox, Beth'tilac. This one was easy.

P1 is just a tank&spank, and you can take your time as long as you reach P2 (10% hp) before the third Devastation. Keep all your shards for pet healing and use Drain Soul if needed. You can avoid all damage from Devastation by simply jumping down just before the cast finishes and teleporting back up instantly.
    At 10%, pop all cds and Dark Bargain and burst her down before getting killed by all the adds

10+ Year Old Account
    It can.
    Pretty nifty.

Anyone managed Warmaster yet? My best try is 20%.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 12:05 PM ----------

This change to Sacrificial Pact really, really sucks for soloing.

rendering madness kill, firelands is a joke apart from baleroc and onwards regarding t12
    Last edited by Marilina; 2012-12-25 at 12:41 AM.

Ran into an interesting scenario this evening. I was clearing Ulduar 10 for fun and after clearing all the Keepers to unlock the door to Vesax there was nothing. No trash, no boss, nothing. I'm assuming a soft reset will fix it but I found it kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    rendering madness kill, firelands is a joke apart from baleroc and onwards regarding t12
    So you've done all but Baleroc in Firelands then? Frankly DS is far more of a joke than DS (considering DS has a 35% nerf and FL got a 20% nerf).

Grats on the Madness kill though.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    So you've done all but Baleroc in Firelands then? Frankly DS is far more of a joke than DS (considering DS has a 35% nerf and FL got a 20% nerf).

Grats on the Madness kill though.
    i did everything upto baleroc, stopped there because its impossible (and i doubt it will ever be possible)