Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
38
78
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,524
    Sexy video is sexy!

  2. #542
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE

    Twitter | YouTube | WoD Beta Videos | WoD Alpha Videos
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE


    I've done all of Nax Military Quarter on 25. I'll post more later.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE
    I've done OS 25 3D, entire naxx 25 with achievements ( outside 4 horsemen one)
    For those interested in soloing OS 25 3d, you need about 120k dps sustained for 2 minutes with Voidlord/Wrathguard.
    I did 10 man Halion hc the last reset with ease, going to try him 25 man hc this week.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE
    I would add an ilvl 504+ to Madness of Deathwing, it's got a huge sustained dps check.

  6. #546
    High Overlord D-Balthalzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Hey guys, my 'lock just dinged 90 and I wanted to try some (what I thought would be) easy soloing for transmog gear.

    However Zul'Aman has completely stumped me. Tried aff with demon, demonology with DA and demon, but I can't even get past the trash.

    Is this a gear thing, or is it impossible to solo? (very bad gear, quest green type bad)
    Ok, I'm back with more questions... haha.

    My ilevel has jumped from quets greens to all heroic blues/some epics. My ilevel is something like 455 or round that area; not brilliant obviously but significantly increased that I thought ZA would be easier now.

    The trash was a little easier, and I got past the bit that was stumping me, but then the bosses just absolutely sh*tted me. So obviously, with the deduction that my gear is probably not the problem now, I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

    What exactly do you do when soloing? Like, I genuinely don't get it, and no-one here in this thread really explains the very basics, not gunna lie.

    I first attempted Affliction with Supremecy. But my problem with the Voidlord; brilliant at single AoE threat, horrible with AoE threat. One SB:Health Funnel and I'd get all the other mobs on me and die pretty quickly. On top of that, my void lord was really dying quite fast that I spent the majority of my time trying to keep him up, so I genuinely don't see how Affliction or Destruction solo stuff BECAUSE the tank isn't reliant (to me, anyway) and they're too squishy when they get anything of magnitude on them.

    So with that, I tried demonology with DA. I halved the mobs between me and my voidlord, and I got past the trash. With quite abit of difficulty I might add. And then I tried the eagle boss. Just... lol, omg what. I don't have a dispel, so his debuff was tearing me a new one, I had the giant eagle mobs come and get me so I didn't know if I should be dpsing them or the boss, and then the magical storm killed my pet (bug, I think? that shouldn't happen right, magical storm is AoE and pets shouldn't die in it?). With that, the boss targeted my already mostly dead character and finished me off, and I rage quit quite dramatically.

    And this is ZA, a 5 man heroic. I just don't see how people are soloing shit like Lich King heroic. Am I missing something, or? >_>

    Edit:

    I've just remembered T5 2-set.

    DOES IT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?! >_> IS THAT THE SECRET
    Last edited by D-Balthalzar; 2013-01-23 at 05:35 PM.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE
    Just did Occu'thar, it's like the easiest tank&spank ever, no challenge whatsoever (the pet is totally immune to his shadow breath :x).
    The other two are something else, lots of unavoidable damage. Argaloth's dot is painful, and so is Alizabal Seething Hate. Didn't have much trys though, the instance quickly resetted.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Ok, I'm back with more questions... haha.

    My ilevel has jumped from quets greens to all heroic blues/some epics. My ilevel is something like 455 or round that area; not brilliant obviously but significantly increased that I thought ZA would be easier now.

    The trash was a little easier, and I got past the bit that was stumping me, but then the bosses just absolutely sh*tted me. So obviously, with the deduction that my gear is probably not the problem now, I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.

    What exactly do you do when soloing? Like, I genuinely don't get it, and no-one here in this thread really explains the very basics, not gunna lie.

    I first attempted Affliction with Supremecy. But my problem with the Voidlord; brilliant at single AoE threat, horrible with AoE threat. One SB:Health Funnel and I'd get all the other mobs on me and die pretty quickly. On top of that, my void lord was really dying quite fast that I spent the majority of my time trying to keep him up, so I genuinely don't see how Affliction or Destruction solo stuff BECAUSE the tank isn't reliant (to me, anyway) and they're too squishy when they get anything of magnitude on them.

    So with that, I tried demonology with DA. I halved the mobs between me and my voidlord, and I got past the trash. With quite abit of difficulty I might add. And then I tried the eagle boss. Just... lol, omg what. I don't have a dispel, so his debuff was tearing me a new one, I had the giant eagle mobs come and get me so I didn't know if I should be dpsing them or the boss, and then the magical storm killed my pet (bug, I think? that shouldn't happen right, magical storm is AoE and pets shouldn't die in it?). With that, the boss targeted my already mostly dead character and finished me off, and I rage quit quite dramatically.

    And this is ZA, a 5 man heroic. I just don't see how people are soloing shit like Lich King heroic. Am I missing something, or? >_>

    Edit:

    I've just remembered T5 2-set.

    DOES IT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE?! >_> IS THAT THE SECRET
    You could just watch some of the videos and all of your questions would be answered. Voidwalker's AoE threat is not bad at all with Void Shield. In fact, provided I at least tell him to hit each mob once (by manually forcing him to attack each one) I can Multi-dot and heal for the rest of the fight without ever aggroing, focusing my DPS on the one he is tanking.

    Use Curse of Enfeeblement to your advantage, keep Corruption ticking on everything for extra shard procs, and Drain Soul in between SB:HF casts for extra shards. If you're up against a tight DPS check though you can't do this and you'll need to keep all your dots ticking.

    My Voidwalker can tank Dragon Soul bosses - I assure you, he's not squishy

  9. #549
    High Overlord D-Balthalzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    118
    You could just watch some of the videos and all of your questions would be answered.
    I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

    Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    I've made a list of bosses (like the DK one) but I need infos one some bosses (WotLK 25 Man Encounters mainly) if they have been done or not (Didn't try them - except of Ulduar) and if someone killed Baradin Hold bosses.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...k1qNUF4MG9tVUE
    I've soloed all of VoA 25. The only one that is actually challenging is Toravon. I did it a few days ago at 490 ilvl and I think I was able to keep up my voidlord long enough for shatter on voidy's first and second death. The other 3 bosses are a joke (Emalon's add explosions hit for 30k, and for the first half of Koralon you don't even have to heal your pet).

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

    Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.
    You will gradually see a significant difference in what you can and can't do as you get more gear, even regarding your voidy's survivability. For example when I started soloing Toravon 25 in VoA the dot would kill my voidy so fast that I had to let him die and resummon, and the 2nd time I had to let him die my shatter wasn't up yet so I had to use gateway to keep my threat down. Last week at 490 ilvl he lasted long enough that I could shatter on the 2nd death.

    The gear scaling in this xpac is so drastic that if you can't quite do a fight this week, get 2-3 more ilvls and you probably have a kill in the bag.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-02-06 at 03:20 PM.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

    Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.
    I think the 2p T5 will help a lot. I personally never used it for my solos because I am stubborn, but since my ilvl has not increased for quite some time now, I will have to if I want to solo more difficult content as destro.

  12. #552
    Updated. Still need some info about Trial of the Crusader 25, Ruby Sanctum 25 and Icecrown Citadel 25.

    Twitter | YouTube | WoD Beta Videos | WoD Alpha Videos
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

  13. #553
    Since this has been the unofficial hang out of all the warlock solo'ers and this spread sheet is a very nice thing to have for the community it might be an idea that when it's finished (or at least all the unknown things have been checked) to for me to repurpose the OP of this thread to put a link to the spreadsheet there + some basic info about solo'ing maybe. Kinda make it more clearly that this is where you need to be for solo'ing discussion. I'll also add this thread to the Warlock Index for good measure at that time.

    Thoughts on this? Or any input on what I should put in the OP? (I'll leave the original message after the part I put in, but it will be the new message first)
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  14. #554
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,524
    I think it's a pretty good idea to have a compendium of sorts. If the info box is going to be expanded for the harder bosses, perhaps some of the more prominent kill videos can be linked in it as well so people have something to study and work on for those bosses.

    Putting it up in the first post is a good idea as well. There's a lot of repeat questions that were answered 15-20 pages ago that people simply don't want to read through in order to get to the current one.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    Updated. Still need some info about Trial of the Crusader 25, Ruby Sanctum 25 and Icecrown Citadel 25.
    Just did Northrend Beasts 25, working on Jaraxxus now. (Normal mode btw)



    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:35 PM ----------

    Jaraxxus 25 down as well:



    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:17 AM ----------

    Twin Valks 25 down as well. Had to skip Faction Champs unfortunately, the 3 healers constantly healing mixed with all the CC going out makes it at least seem impossible for now. The only hope for it I saw was when I swapped to DA, I was then able to last a couple minutes (wasn't using SL or T5 2pc), so it might be possible to try to outlive the healers' mana pool but I didn't really feel like spending a couple hours on that.

    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-01-24 at 05:36 AM.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing Spreadsheet, original courtesy of Dr. Wuky
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki | PM if you add me

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    I have , an ungodly amount. All of them are understandably sped up though, so really, without sounding ungrateful (obviously they don't have to be made, so I'm grateful to the people for showing me that it is at least possible xD), most of it seems barely de-codeable to me, not gunna lie.

    Meh, maybe it's still a gear issue then. He's struggling to keep threat, even with void shield up, and I'm having a real hard time to keep him up. I'm farming T5 now though to see the difference.
    I've done mount run with 7 mins to spare, took me 3 tries to get it but when you figured it out and avoided dying it was rather easy. I'm not sure if that's what you are asking for though or just normal runs. Your gear is rather on the lower edge, both eagle and dragonhawk bosses are hard. I'm in 505 ilvl hc gear so that's a huge difference compared to you. My strategy mainly evolved around killing the boss before you start taking too much damage so I don't have to drain life, and that will obviously not work for you. I suggest sending your pet to the eagle picking you up and just try kill it asap. it deals huge damage. All bosses should be slowly sustain-killable with Drain Life/Soul spamming to keep you and your pet up with SB: health funnel if your not going for fast runs.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since this has been the unofficial hang out of all the warlock solo'ers and this spread sheet is a very nice thing to have for the community it might be an idea that when it's finished (or at least all the unknown things have been checked) to for me to repurpose the OP of this thread to put a link to the spreadsheet there + some basic info about solo'ing maybe. Kinda make it more clearly that this is where you need to be for solo'ing discussion. I'll also add this thread to the Warlock Index for good measure at that time.

    Thoughts on this? Or any input on what I should put in the OP? (I'll leave the original message after the part I put in, but it will be the new message first)
    Yeah, it's a great idea, I will write something about it, if no one else wants to do it. The spreadsheet is ready to go, some more infos for hard encounter will be added later. I've also added a couple of videos via note and if someone manages to kill some of the unchecked/not done yet encounters, just reply in this thread or pm me.

    Twitter | YouTube | WoD Beta Videos | WoD Alpha Videos
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Wuky View Post
    Yeah, it's a great idea, I will write something about it, if no one else wants to do it.
    Cool, just make a nice introductary post in this thread to "officially present" the spreadsheet and if it's a nice post I'll just copy it to the OP of the thread. Or make a specific post you think would fit in the OP and pm it to me and I'll look it over. Once changed I'll put in a link back in the OP to the point in the thread where the spreadsheet was in effect so people don't have to look through the thread looking for that point, but can jump in on the current discussion/encounters being tackeled.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since this has been the unofficial hang out of all the warlock solo'ers and this spread sheet is a very nice thing to have for the community it might be an idea that when it's finished (or at least all the unknown things have been checked) to for me to repurpose the OP of this thread to put a link to the spreadsheet there + some basic info about solo'ing maybe. Kinda make it more clearly that this is where you need to be for solo'ing discussion. I'll also add this thread to the Warlock Index for good measure at that time.

    Thoughts on this? Or any input on what I should put in the OP? (I'll leave the original message after the part I put in, but it will be the new message first)

    Just put a line through all my post and put in what you're saying. Would also stop people from quoting it without realizing how old the post is and what was happening.

  20. #560
    So I am curious, what is the reason that Anub'arak 25 hasn't been soloed yet? I just attempted him today and it seems like a pretty challenging, but doable fight. I have not gotten to phase 3 yet though, so I would assume that is the issue. Could someone who has done the fight tell me what is the difficult part of the 3rd phase?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •