Page 33 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Heya folks! Was wondering if I may be able to solo Kael on my level 85 Warlock? I've had em for years but just recently finished leveling him up to 85, haven't even started leveling to 90 yet. Wanna know if it's easy or at least reasonable for a scrubby destro lock to solo Kael.
    I did it as Destro at 85 during the pre-patch. Granted, I pretty was decked out in DS BiS gear by then, and it did take a while to get it down, but it should be possible. And if you can't quite make it, just quest for a bit in Jade Forest and get some quest items to boost your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I did it as Destro at 85 during the pre-patch. Granted, I pretty was decked out in DS BiS gear by then, and it did take a while to get it down, but it should be possible. And if you can't quite make it, just quest for a bit in Jade Forest and get some quest items to boost your stats.
    Thanks I'll wait until I can replace a few pieces and give it a shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildc View Post
    New here, just wanted to say that Chimaeron 10m normal is soloable, but I can't post my video link here, I'm sure searching youtube will pull it up though if anyone's interested. I didn't see any other vids and the spreadsheet didn't list him as killed yet (maybe I looked at the wrong one idk?)
    One funny thing to note is that Chimaeron is a bit harder to kill if you play an undead
    To solo Chima you need to stay the closest above 10k health and use shields. Let's say you're at 10400hp. Fury Ward absorbs 90k dmg, if you're taking for instance a 1 Million hit, you'll only take 400 dmg and only those 400dmg will be absorbed, leaving 89.6k absorb on your shield.
    So it's really trivial (and boring) to solo this boss as long as you have enough dps in Dark Apotheosis. Just keep your Fury Ward up the whole fight and you won't take any dmg.

But as an undead you'll get random heals from Touch of the Grave, so you'll need to react and use Burning Rush to lower your health.
    Not hard, just tricky.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-02-23 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Double Attack is supposed to burn through your shield. If it doesn't, then it's a bug.
    Well any attack was only taking away '#MyHealth - 10000' absorb from my shields, Double Attack was no different. I don't know or care if that's intended.
    Had the idea watching this vid from a shadow priest.

All attacks are suppose to take you to 1HP unless you have a shield that's larger than the attack itself, or if you simply have more health than damage the attack would have dealt. Having solo'd it as a Prot Warrior, and tanked it when it was current, I'd say that's a bug for sure.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    One funny thing to note is that Chimaeron is a bit harder to kill if you play an undead
    To solo Chima you need to stay the closest above 10k health and use shields. Let's say you're at 10400hp. Fury Ward absorbs 90k dmg, if you're taking for instance a 1 Million hit, you'll only take 400 dmg and only those 400dmg will be absorbed, leaving 89.6k absorb on your shield.
    So it's really trivial (and boring) to solo this boss as long as you have enough dps in Dark Apotheosis. Just keep your Fury Ward up the whole fight and you won't take any dmg.

But as an undead you'll get random heals from Touch of the Grave, so you'll need to react and use Burning Rush to lower your health.
    Not hard, just tricky.
    My dps wasn't high enough in DA so I had to pop out occasionally, my filler was Harvest Life because I didn't have the fury to spare to do anything other than Fury Ward. I only used Burning Rush before pulling the boss to get off to a more controlled start (and once or twice during the fight when i let myself get healed a bit too much). When I needed a smaller amount of hp removed, I used a glyphed health funnel (-2%) I'm curious if anyone noticed that my hp only changed a few times during the fight (despite undead racial + using Harvest Life as a filler), and how I made it easy to manage the regular incoming heals I didn't need without using burning rush constantly.

Double Attack is supposed to burn through your shield. If it doesn't, then it's a bug.
    If it's bugged, then I blame the shadow priest who soloed it earlier :P Also isn't Double Attack just 2 attacks in quick succession? In that case my shield was more than able to absorb the hits if each hit (max of current hp) took off 10-15k, cause I never used Fury Ward shields in full before they expired, although I didn't actually take note of how much absorb was left each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    All attacks are suppose to take you to 1HP unless you have a shield that's larger than the attack itself, or if you simply have more health than damage the attack would have dealt. Having solo'd it as a Prot Warrior, and tanked it when it was current, I'd say that's a bug for sure.
    I find it amusing that you call it out being a bug when you haven't seem to read up on how it works. The guy in the vid uses dark apotheosis and fury ward to absorb everything, making him effectively immortal together with the buff that makes u unable to die in 1 hit above 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    The first appearances of kael soloing didn't start appearing until late firelands (I think Ysen was the first one to post a video). Granted the talent changes make it quite a bit easier, it's probably just safer to at least get to JF and get some greens if you just hit 85.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Nope I wasn't the first to post a KT video. Someone did it in febr 2011, way before firelands came out. I wasn't even playing wow at the time
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-02-24 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I find it amusing that you call it out being a bug when you haven't seem to read up on how it works. The guy in the vid uses dark apotheosis and fury ward to absorb everything, making him effectively immortal together with the buff that makes u unable to die in 1 hit above 10k.
    No, that's not what he does.

The mechanics of the boss make it so that no hit can reduce you below 1 hp as long as you have at least 10,000 hp. This means if you have 10,000 hp and the boss hits you for any amount above that, you will still be on 1 hp. If you have 9999, you will die.

Absorption shields should not count at all for this health effect. If you have 9999 HP and a shield for 1000, you would still die in one hit. Absorption shields work in the same way that they do on any boss. In this instance, if Chimaeron hits for 40,000, the absorption shield would reduce that amount to 39,000, and then the characters hp would be reduced to 1 (or killed if he was below 10,000).

The "bug" is this:

Character has 10,500 hp.
    Character has absorption shield for 80,000.
    Chimaeron melees that character for 100,000 damage.

The character will be left with an absorption shield of 79,500 and be on the same health.

What SHOULD happen is the absorption shield is fully removed, and the character takes the remaining 20,000 damage, putting him on 1 hp. The next attack would then kill him.

In other words, he has 100% uptime on Fury Ward and never takes damage.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-02-24 at 03:16 AM.

Evralia and I are agreeing. Mark the date.

It might not be the intended way, but unless he's doing something else to bug the fight then that's how the boss works. I don't find using a shield a bug. I might've misunderstood you but this is a design flaw possibly then, the guy isn't doing anything wrong. It's a bit the same for dodging LK infests by LoSing.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2013-02-24 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dps wasn't high enough in DA so I had to pop out occasionally, my filler was Harvest Life because I didn't have the fury to spare to do anything other than Fury Ward. I only used Burning Rush before pulling the boss to get off to a more controlled start (and once or twice during the fight when i let myself get healed a bit too much). When I needed a smaller amount of hp removed, I used a glyphed health funnel (-2%) I'm curious if anyone noticed that my hp only changed a few times during the fight (despite undead racial + using Harvest Life as a filler), and how I made it easy to manage the regular incoming heals I didn't need without using burning rush constantly.

If it's bugged, then I blame the shadow priest who soloed it earlier :P Also isn't Double Attack just 2 attacks in quick succession? In that case my shield was more than able to absorb the hits if each hit (max of current hp) took off 10-15k, cause I never used Fury Ward shields in full before they expired, although I didn't actually take note of how much absorb was left each time.
    post that got caught in the spam filter whike the dicussion was going

Deleted
    Well it gets easier with gear, at 504ilvl killed him 1:20 before enrage without ever leaving DA nor using Drain/Harvest Life. Fight is so boring when you have nothing to cast between Demonic Slash.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you have to beat the enrage?

I mean he still won't kill you.
    I was under the impression that he'd gain attack speed and use up absorb shield before able to reapply.

The fact that a few people in this thread are under the impression that Fury Ward is actually absorbing real hits from Chim is just sad.

Just want to clarify a few things regarding the absorb mechanics of Chim.

The shield does not absorb the difference between current health and 10000, but in fact its the difference between current health and 1. After all, the latter difference is the damage you are supposed to take should you not have a shield on.

With that said, the so called bug actually came from the order in which damage is calculated. When the boss dishes out a hit, it first checks the player's health. If health is below 10k then the damage is dealt as normal without finkle's mixture. Same applies if health is greater than the actual hit. But if health is less than the hit but above 10k, then it first uses finkle's mixture to absorb the surplus, effectively reducing the hit down to current health minus 1. Only after this reduction does the system then checks for any absorption effects from the player. If no absorption effects, the damage is dealt, ie, the player takes current health minus 1 as damage. If there is an absorption effect, then the damage will become absorbed. Double hits just counts as 1 hit after another and follows the same rule.

So for example if you have 12000 hp, and put on a shield that can absorb 75k, When the boss does a hit, the system first uses finkle's mixture to reduce to hit down to 11999 damage. And then since you have a shield, that damage becomes absorbed, and your shield can absorb 63001 more damage.

Update from before. I've gained 2 levels and a few quest/dungeon items.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Brophy/simple

I assume it'd be easy enough to solo Kael currently, yes?
    Last edited by Ifeanychukwu; 2013-02-26 at 09:12 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt see any kills of Nefarian 10, so i think this is world first Nefarian 10 solo by warlock youtube.com / watch?v=zgsA_DPOvYA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I didnt see any kills of Nefarian 10, so i think this is world first Nefarian 10 solo by warlock youtube.com / watch?v=zgsA_DPOvYA
    Wow, I thought for sure you were going to get eaten by those adds. Very nicely done!

The link for convenience: youtube.com/watch?v=zgsA_DPOvYA