Page 36 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Paladin telling Warlocks how to solo things. Not sure what to say.
    Please tell me you're joking...

On topic:

Warlock dinged 85 today, went into BT with another warlock at 90, everything was piss easy except that council. Is there something special to do as a warlock? We wiped once, and we both had to use our soulstones next attempt to even make it through.

I soloed it as Destro with the Voidlord and Soul Link. I just kept myself and my pet alive through Ember Tap when necessary and other than that just kept hitting them and using Havoc on cooldown. Took a while to kill them though. I focused on the healer by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Omnotron 25 easily doable.
    As for Chimaeron 25, his enrage is not really survivable. He hits too fast and depletes my shield before the next one's up, couldn't survive it more than 1min (@63%). Maybe if I wasn't a undead... the random heals are killing me
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Blademaster
    I killed Chimaeron 25. It is very boring 23 mins fight. So about enrage, if you have less than 11k hp you will have enough absorb before next shield. And i think you can use Lifetap glyph to absorb undead heal(correct me if i wrong).
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=Yjcycz5XuOY (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Last edited by Kalen; 2013-03-05 at 04:34 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I killed Chimaeron 25. It is very boring 23 mins fight. So about enrage, if you have less than 11k hp you will have enough absorb before next shield. And i think you can use Lifetap glyph to absorb undead heal(correct me if i wrong).
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=wNfdO92Ky4k (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Yeah you can use lifetap glyph to counter undead racial, its part of the strategy I came up with for my kill. Regardless of being undead, the great thing about the life tap glyph is that it allows you to drain/harvest life for extra damage and not worry about the heals. If you let it fall off you can just do a quick glyphed health funnel and/or burning rush before you get hit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=wNfdO92Ky4k (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Nice idea with the life tap glyph. Easy boring fight that way.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

So 5.2 hit:

1. Did anyone try Kalecgos yet? Sunwell's still on my bucket list so I haven't stepped in there yet. Is it a straight-up zerg now?
    2. I did my usual Onyxia mount attempted and noticed that the whelps go down way faster than before. Anyone notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    So 5.2 hit:

1. Did anyone try Kalecgos yet? Sunwell's still on my bucket list so I haven't stepped in there yet. Is it a straight-up zerg now?
    2. I did my usual Onyxia mount attempted and noticed that the whelps go down way faster than before. Anyone notice this?
    The AoE damage cap was moved from 10 targets to 20 targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    So 5.2 hit:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04szTbmr60 (Warlock soloed Kalecgos on the PTR)
    2. AOE Cap is 20 mobs, up from 10.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Whoops, sorry - should've checked first for the vids. Thanks guys.

Doesn't count as old content, but both the Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers are pretty easy to solo as affliction, the warbringers just require a little extra attention, keeping your voidy healed up and keeping CoEnfeeblement up. If they have the Spirit Charm buff just keep an eye out to see if it targets your voidy and kite it around, they kind of hurt.
    Awesome Sig of Awesome courtesy of Shyama | Warlock Soloing & Progress
    Pokemon X FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Steel safari with Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

After about 71 wipes according to DBM (and a few not registered for some reason) I've just managed to solo the LK on Heroic 10 man.

I know it's been done before, but I've wanted this achievement since ICC was released and I did not make it in that expansion (killed all the bosses on HC but got stuck on the LK HC for weeks).

Going in there with a raid to faceroll it felt too cheap to me, in Cataclysm it wouldnt be possible to solo it simply because I'd lack the DPS but now I've done it!

Reason all screenshots show an achievement is because I had previously done it on my shadow priest in WOTLK.

Went through ICC normal first and then ICC heroic, solo'd all bosses except for Valithria. Damn, finally an achievement i'm really proud of to be honest. Some screenshots:

LK normal:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713195637.jpg/

Done as demonology using an insane drain spec (dark apotheosis, 2 piece tier 5 set bonus, soul link and harvest life)

All the other kills as destruction:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713225439.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713233001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...913025040.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013143902.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144055.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144247.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144345.jpg/

Destruction spec with:

Glyph of Ember Tab / Siphon Life / Demon Hunting
    Soul Leech / Mortal Coil / Soul Link / Burning Rush / Supremacy / Kil'Jaeden's

2x tier 5, Soul Link and Siphon Life provide enough healing, but you can't tank the LK or the big adds yourself or you will drop because of Infest.

Phase 1:

I basically put my voidwalker in the middle of the circle of the platform and let him tank the LK there. I'd stand about 10 yards away circling around them as shadow traps come, moving in whenever Necrotic Plague was about to fall off. This is by far the toughest phase, I've gotten past this one twice and the first time I got 11 necrotic stacks on my ass with purification potion on cooldown, which meant bye bye. Get this potion by the way, it can save your ass.

Phase 1.5: I'm not sure if it's all about luck or anything, but by the time phase 2 was about to happen I moved my pet to just below the stairs and I would go upstairs. Reason for this is that I always had some Shambling Horror alive and if they would die near me I had the chance of having a big stack necrotic plague on me. I one shotted the Ice Sphere, reason for moving up the stairs is that you have to focus fire on the Raging Spirits aswell, I aim to only have one left alive by the time this phase ends. If the ice sphere hits you now, you wont be knocked off the platform. Try avoiding this any way.

Phase 2: When phase 1.5 was almost about to end I resummoned my Voidlord to reset aggro. Reason for this is that valkyrs pick you up if you haven't been hit by the LK for 1 or 2 minutes, I'm not sure. My experience was if by the time Phase 2 starts and I had been hit by the LK and the last raging spirit was dead, this is quite an easy phase. Just plant defile on the edge of the platform and resummon your voidlord every minute, do not forget this!

Phase 2.5 is the same as phase 1.5 except that there are no shambling horrors to deal with anymore so no necrotic plague. Just let your voidlord pick up raging spirits, one shot Ice Sphere and nuke spirits down with Havoc+shadowburn combo's. Not hard at all.

Phase 3 was real intense for me but that's mostly because I was afraid of wiping now I finally got past phase 1.5 (never got further before). But really, this phase is easy. Just burst the lich king as much as you can, once I got in the Frostmourne I just spammed immolate/conflag/fel flame but that was mostly to get embers. If you get to 50% hp just Ember Tab or soulstone, once you get out of frostmourne pop DS and Chaos Bolt the living crap out of him. I had about 2.5 min left on Enrage once I got the LK to 10%.

I dont know if destruction is the best spec for this, but it's the spec I'm personally the best AT in this fight. Obviously you have enough tools to make it work, you do need to do a bit of grinding for Tier 5 because I tried it a few times without but your healing simply is no where near enough then. My normal ilvl is 484, with t5 it's 441. I've done 48.5k dps through the entire fight so I dont think dps should be a problem here.

Like I said, do Phase 1 properly and get a perfect transition and FOCUS and you've most likely got it.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-03-10 at 02:16 PM.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Phase 1.5: I'm not sure if it's all about luck or anything, but by the time phase 2 was about to happen I moved my pet to just below the stairs and I would go upstairs. Reason for this is that I always had some Shambling Horror alive and if they would die near me I had the chance of having a big stack necrotic plague on me.
    That happens if you don't have any adds near the Shambling Horror, the Necrotic Plague debuff won't jump and will just fade. Taunt a Ghoul near it to keep the debuff ticking. Better let the first plagues go off though, or it'll tick too high and kill all the adds before the next ones even spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I dont know if destruction is the best spec for this, but it's the spec I'm personally the best AT in this fight. Obviously you have enough tools to make it work, you do need to do a bit of grinding for Tier 5 because I tried it a few times without but your healing simply is no where near enough then. My normal ilvl is 484, with t5 it's 441. I've done 48.5k dps through the entire fight so I dont think dps should be a problem here.
    Any spec will do. I've done it several times with Affliction/Soul Link. The 2PT5 is enough to heal yourself. And the enrage's not an issue in 10HC.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

Ah Ysen, the one I learned the most from by watching your video over and over and over. Yeah controlling the adds and Necrotic Plague was the most difficult of the entire fight to be honest which is what you meant I guess by saying that P1 is the hardest. The problem I had was I had 1 shambling horror up and another one spawning just as I pushed the LK to 70% hp, so I kind of had to park my pet down there. It worked so I guess all is ok.

I'm sure it can be done in any spec, I just felt the most comfortable doing it as destruction. Tried it in the drain spec a few times but the dps was simply too low (what you said in the comment of the video), affliction I didn't even bother with as I've never liked the spec and I don't know it well enough.

Either way I'm glad I'm done with it, it was amazingly fun to do.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R - PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - CPU: i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz - CPU Cooler: Zulaman CNPS10X Performa with 2 coolers -Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H - Memory: 2x Corsair 4 GB DDR3 - GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X - Monitor 1: Asus VE247H- Monitor 2: Acer X243W
    PlayStation 4 Username: Blattardos - games: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - BF4 - Infamous Second Son - The Last Of Us Remastered

Hi, I tried to solo Heigan 25 man at Naxx as a Demon Warlock, ilevel 482, and just couldnt do it.
    I'am sure my gear and dps is fine I'am just not sure what I was doing wrong.
    I tried to pet tank him, didnt work, I did stand on the platform mainly which I've now read is a no no, is it best to stand back as far as possible and range dps him down to avoid the disease he casts and everything else and just heal my pet up?
    I have 430k health so the green lava bursts shouldnt be a problem right?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Hi, I tried to solo Heigan 25 man at Naxx as a Demon Warlock, ilevel 482, and just couldnt do it.
    I'am sure my gear and dps is fine I'am just not sure what I was doing wrong.
    I tried to pet tank him, didnt work, I did stand on the platform mainly which I've now read is a no no, is it best to stand back as far as possible and range dps him down to avoid the disease he casts and everything else and just heal my pet up?
    I have 430k health so the green lava bursts shouldnt be a problem right?
    Go affliction, pet tank him, stay far away. Use soulburn: health funnel to keep pet alive.

Awesome help, got it first go, thank mate
    Didnt work so well on Kel'Thuzad, couldnt escape the ice prisons.
    I tried without my pet and no prisons, just had to dodge the purple circles, but couldnt keep my health up.
    Got KT down to 8mill. but that was it.
    Went in as Demon again.
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-15 at 10:22 AM.

Awesome help, got it first go, thank mate
    Didnt work so well on Kel'Thuzad, couldnt escape the ice prisons.
    I tried without my pet and no prisons, just had to dodge the purple circles, but couldnt keep my health up.
    Got KT down to 8mill. but that was it.
    Went in as Demon again.
    Don't use Demo for soloing Do KT as Destro so you can heal yourself with Ember Tap. Have your void up to pick up the adds in P3.
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

So Destro or Affliction for soloing or is boss specific?
    I used Affliction on KT and it worked like a charm, never tried Destro although I did see for the Green Warlock questline Destro was preferred.
    If I pop the Voidwalker I'll get the ice prisons, did you mean try and burn everything down before KT comes into the fight?
    I've tried that a few times, some worked better than others, but there always one or two left that are a pain and I found my Felguard worked better.
    I'll try the Void again on Destro, have to read up on how to play it first, and see how we go.
    Thanks for the help.

So Destro or Affliction for soloing or is boss specific?
    If I pop the Voidwalker I'll get the ice prisons, did you mean try and burn everything down before KT comes into the fight?
    What would be the point in that?

I dno how you handle Ice Prisms but I imagine Sacrifical Pact or Soul Leech would work fine.