Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Paladin telling Warlocks how to solo things. Not sure what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Because a paladin is my only class? Really you want to base the comments because I play a certain class? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Even with that being the case you can still have your pet macro'ed to target the spike and attack it to break it as hunters do[/I]

If it were this easy, don't you think someone would have gone and done it by now?

You're in a thread full of Warlocks that have solo'd Ragnaros, do you really think they're all too stupid to handle Heroic 25 Marrowgar? Why argue with them when they're telling you that it simply can't be done yet?

tried to kill aly today but that stupid bird dispwans all the time .. in the videos they do the exact same thing -.-

4times dispawn and then he droped without going in the firezone lvl what a joke .. just 50 times more and i got my legendary q full and maybe the fucking mount
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2013-03-01 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    tried to kill aly today but that stupid bird dispwans all the time .. in the videos they do the exact same thing -.-
    Never fly above her. When she goes down for Molting, stay underneath her. Don't fly at the start until she stops Molting.

ah that was it :P kay

Deleted
    Did The Lich King in 25 Normal.
    Not much different from the 10m version. Did it as afflic/Soul Link with the 2PT5 bonus, 456ilvl. The enrage is not an issue (3min to spare) but it will be one in 25HC.

Working on Blood Lord in ZG right now. Decapitate hits for 15 million and I'm trying to survive it with DA, DB, UR, Fury Ward, Engineering Belt Bubble, Void Walker Sac Last Stand, Gyphed Health Stone and Dark Regeneration. I have Aura of Enfeeblement on the boss, and an 83% reduction in physical damage taken, 30% from DA with Dark Soul popped and 53% from Armor. I also have the 15% reduced magic damage taken from DA for the Dark Bargain ticks.

He does the first Decapitate when there's 8 seconds left on reanimating the Raptor. So, at 15 seconds, I Dark Bargain, and at 9 seconds I pop Fury Ward, Unending Resolve, and the Engineering Belt Bubble. One second later, the hit comes, and DB falls off right after. I then Sac the Voidwalker and take a short Gateway to drop threat to my Doom Guard. Pop Dark Regen and HS together, Last Stand and another Fury Ward right after the first tick. At that point, Life Drain needs to help me survive 6 more ticks, with 2 more Fury Wards later on.

By my math, I should be taking 156k ticks from DB, before adding in the Fury Ward and Engineering Absorbs. For some reason, its more like 350k. I'm not great at math, and I'm not sure how the damage reduction from 58% Armor and 30% Physical damage and 40% from UR affects the hit after its been reduced by 20% by Enfeeblement. Any ideas?

Edit: I just thought of using the Stay of Execution (Firelands tanking Trinket) to extend the damage and mitigate it further... I'll see if it helps.

Edit 2: Before anyone posts saying "Why not just zerg him down", killing him isn't the goal. The goal is taking the hit.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 02:58 AM ----------

Scratch all of that. Bloodletting starts right after the 4th Dark Bargain tick and makes this impossible.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-02 at 07:27 AM.

Assuming you can make it 18sec into the fight (assuming Decapitate at 10 sec and then DB time) it would take 267465 dps to kill him. Not totally uncalled for with the coming tier.

A note about Bloodletting. If you can manage to get past the DB dot Blootletting cannot kill you. The tooltip says 50% of current health not total health. Back in Cata our healers would have fun freaking pugs out but just not healing them cause the healers new they would live.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    A note about Bloodletting. If you can manage to get past the DB dot Blootletting cannot kill you. The tooltip says 50% of current health not total health. Back in Cata our healers would have fun freaking pugs out but just not healing them cause the healers new they would live.

The issue being that you still have 4 more ticks of DB once Blood Letting starts. I was at 320k health when it started, and it ticked for half my current health, as its meant to, but it ate my Fury Ward. The next DB tick was a 90k overkill.

Hmm, that would mean the dps requirement would be somewhere around 343852 dps. Definitely possible by expac's end, but I can see why you would want to try now before gear trivializes it in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Hmm, that would mean the dps requirement would be somewhere around 343852 dps. Definitely possible by expac's end, but I can see why you would want to try now before gear trivializes it in a year.
    That doesn't change the dps requirement at all. If you DB at the last second before Decapitate, you still have 18~ seconds to kill the boss regardless of Blood Letting.

You are correct. It was 4am when I posted and math is hard at 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Please tell me you're joking...

On topic:

Warlock dinged 85 today, went into BT with another warlock at 90, everything was piss easy except that council. Is there something special to do as a warlock? We wiped once, and we both had to use our soulstones next attempt to even make it through.

I soloed it as Destro with the Voidlord and Soul Link. I just kept myself and my pet alive through Ember Tap when necessary and other than that just kept hitting them and using Havoc on cooldown. Took a while to kill them though. I focused on the healer by the way.

Deleted
    Omnotron 25 easily doable.
    As for Chimaeron 25, his enrage is not really survivable. He hits too fast and depletes my shield before the next one's up, couldn't survive it more than 1min (@63%). Maybe if I wasn't a undead... the random heals are killing me

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I killed Chimaeron 25. It is very boring 23 mins fight. So about enrage, if you have less than 11k hp you will have enough absorb before next shield. And i think you can use Lifetap glyph to absorb undead heal(correct me if i wrong).
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=Yjcycz5XuOY (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Last edited by Kalen; 2013-03-05 at 04:34 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I killed Chimaeron 25. It is very boring 23 mins fight. So about enrage, if you have less than 11k hp you will have enough absorb before next shield. And i think you can use Lifetap glyph to absorb undead heal(correct me if i wrong).
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=wNfdO92Ky4k (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Yeah you can use lifetap glyph to counter undead racial, its part of the strategy I came up with for my kill. Regardless of being undead, the great thing about the life tap glyph is that it allows you to drain/harvest life for extra damage and not worry about the heals. If you let it fall off you can just do a quick glyphed health funnel and/or burning rush before you get hit again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    P.S. video link youtube.com / watch?v=wNfdO92Ky4k (that stupid 10 posts to have permission to link)
    Nice idea with the life tap glyph. Easy boring fight that way.

So 5.2 hit:

1. Did anyone try Kalecgos yet? Sunwell's still on my bucket list so I haven't stepped in there yet. Is it a straight-up zerg now?
    2. I did my usual Onyxia mount attempted and noticed that the whelps go down way faster than before. Anyone notice this?