Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    So 5.2 hit:

1. Did anyone try Kalecgos yet? Sunwell's still on my bucket list so I haven't stepped in there yet. Is it a straight-up zerg now?
    2. I did my usual Onyxia mount attempted and noticed that the whelps go down way faster than before. Anyone notice this?
    The AoE damage cap was moved from 10 targets to 20 targets.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    So 5.2 hit:

1. Did anyone try Kalecgos yet? Sunwell's still on my bucket list so I haven't stepped in there yet. Is it a straight-up zerg now?
    2. I did my usual Onyxia mount attempted and noticed that the whelps go down way faster than before. Anyone notice this?
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04szTbmr60 (Warlock soloed Kalecgos on the PTR)
    2. AOE Cap is 20 mobs, up from 10.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Whoops, sorry - should've checked first for the vids. Thanks guys.

Doesn't count as old content, but both the Zandalari Warscouts and Warbringers are pretty easy to solo as affliction, the warbringers just require a little extra attention, keeping your voidy healed up and keeping CoEnfeeblement up. If they have the Spirit Charm buff just keep an eye out to see if it targets your voidy and kite it around, they kind of hurt.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

After about 71 wipes according to DBM (and a few not registered for some reason) I've just managed to solo the LK on Heroic 10 man.

I know it's been done before, but I've wanted this achievement since ICC was released and I did not make it in that expansion (killed all the bosses on HC but got stuck on the LK HC for weeks).

Going in there with a raid to faceroll it felt too cheap to me, in Cataclysm it wouldnt be possible to solo it simply because I'd lack the DPS but now I've done it!

Reason all screenshots show an achievement is because I had previously done it on my shadow priest in WOTLK.

Went through ICC normal first and then ICC heroic, solo'd all bosses except for Valithria. Damn, finally an achievement i'm really proud of to be honest. Some screenshots:

LK normal:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713195637.jpg/

Done as demonology using an insane drain spec (dark apotheosis, 2 piece tier 5 set bonus, soul link and harvest life)

All the other kills as destruction:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713225439.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...713233001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...913025040.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013143902.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144055.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144247.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...013144345.jpg/

Destruction spec with:

Glyph of Ember Tab / Siphon Life / Demon Hunting
    Soul Leech / Mortal Coil / Soul Link / Burning Rush / Supremacy / Kil'Jaeden's

2x tier 5, Soul Link and Siphon Life provide enough healing, but you can't tank the LK or the big adds yourself or you will drop because of Infest.

Phase 1:

I basically put my voidwalker in the middle of the circle of the platform and let him tank the LK there. I'd stand about 10 yards away circling around them as shadow traps come, moving in whenever Necrotic Plague was about to fall off. This is by far the toughest phase, I've gotten past this one twice and the first time I got 11 necrotic stacks on my ass with purification potion on cooldown, which meant bye bye. Get this potion by the way, it can save your ass.

Phase 1.5: I'm not sure if it's all about luck or anything, but by the time phase 2 was about to happen I moved my pet to just below the stairs and I would go upstairs. Reason for this is that I always had some Shambling Horror alive and if they would die near me I had the chance of having a big stack necrotic plague on me. I one shotted the Ice Sphere, reason for moving up the stairs is that you have to focus fire on the Raging Spirits aswell, I aim to only have one left alive by the time this phase ends. If the ice sphere hits you now, you wont be knocked off the platform. Try avoiding this any way.

Phase 2: When phase 1.5 was almost about to end I resummoned my Voidlord to reset aggro. Reason for this is that valkyrs pick you up if you haven't been hit by the LK for 1 or 2 minutes, I'm not sure. My experience was if by the time Phase 2 starts and I had been hit by the LK and the last raging spirit was dead, this is quite an easy phase. Just plant defile on the edge of the platform and resummon your voidlord every minute, do not forget this!

Phase 2.5 is the same as phase 1.5 except that there are no shambling horrors to deal with anymore so no necrotic plague. Just let your voidlord pick up raging spirits, one shot Ice Sphere and nuke spirits down with Havoc+shadowburn combo's. Not hard at all.

Phase 3 was real intense for me but that's mostly because I was afraid of wiping now I finally got past phase 1.5 (never got further before). But really, this phase is easy. Just burst the lich king as much as you can, once I got in the Frostmourne I just spammed immolate/conflag/fel flame but that was mostly to get embers. If you get to 50% hp just Ember Tab or soulstone, once you get out of frostmourne pop DS and Chaos Bolt the living crap out of him. I had about 2.5 min left on Enrage once I got the LK to 10%.

I dont know if destruction is the best spec for this, but it's the spec I'm personally the best AT in this fight. Obviously you have enough tools to make it work, you do need to do a bit of grinding for Tier 5 because I tried it a few times without but your healing simply is no where near enough then. My normal ilvl is 484, with t5 it's 441. I've done 48.5k dps through the entire fight so I dont think dps should be a problem here.

Like I said, do Phase 1 properly and get a perfect transition and FOCUS and you've most likely got it.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-03-10 at 02:16 PM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Phase 1.5: I'm not sure if it's all about luck or anything, but by the time phase 2 was about to happen I moved my pet to just below the stairs and I would go upstairs. Reason for this is that I always had some Shambling Horror alive and if they would die near me I had the chance of having a big stack necrotic plague on me.
    That happens if you don't have any adds near the Shambling Horror, the Necrotic Plague debuff won't jump and will just fade. Taunt a Ghoul near it to keep the debuff ticking. Better let the first plagues go off though, or it'll tick too high and kill all the adds before the next ones even spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I dont know if destruction is the best spec for this, but it's the spec I'm personally the best AT in this fight. Obviously you have enough tools to make it work, you do need to do a bit of grinding for Tier 5 because I tried it a few times without but your healing simply is no where near enough then. My normal ilvl is 484, with t5 it's 441. I've done 48.5k dps through the entire fight so I dont think dps should be a problem here.
    Any spec will do. I've done it several times with Affliction/Soul Link. The 2PT5 is enough to heal yourself. And the enrage's not an issue in 10HC.

Ah Ysen, the one I learned the most from by watching your video over and over and over. Yeah controlling the adds and Necrotic Plague was the most difficult of the entire fight to be honest which is what you meant I guess by saying that P1 is the hardest. The problem I had was I had 1 shambling horror up and another one spawning just as I pushed the LK to 70% hp, so I kind of had to park my pet down there. It worked so I guess all is ok.

I'm sure it can be done in any spec, I just felt the most comfortable doing it as destruction. Tried it in the drain spec a few times but the dps was simply too low (what you said in the comment of the video), affliction I didn't even bother with as I've never liked the spec and I don't know it well enough.

Either way I'm glad I'm done with it, it was amazingly fun to do.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Hi, I tried to solo Heigan 25 man at Naxx as a Demon Warlock, ilevel 482, and just couldnt do it.
    I'am sure my gear and dps is fine I'am just not sure what I was doing wrong.
    I tried to pet tank him, didnt work, I did stand on the platform mainly which I've now read is a no no, is it best to stand back as far as possible and range dps him down to avoid the disease he casts and everything else and just heal my pet up?
    I have 430k health so the green lava bursts shouldnt be a problem right?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Hi, I tried to solo Heigan 25 man at Naxx as a Demon Warlock, ilevel 482, and just couldnt do it.
    I'am sure my gear and dps is fine I'am just not sure what I was doing wrong.
    I tried to pet tank him, didnt work, I did stand on the platform mainly which I've now read is a no no, is it best to stand back as far as possible and range dps him down to avoid the disease he casts and everything else and just heal my pet up?
    I have 430k health so the green lava bursts shouldnt be a problem right?
    Go affliction, pet tank him, stay far away. Use soulburn: health funnel to keep pet alive.

Awesome help, got it first go, thank mate
    Didnt work so well on Kel'Thuzad, couldnt escape the ice prisons.
    I tried without my pet and no prisons, just had to dodge the purple circles, but couldnt keep my health up.
    Got KT down to 8mill. but that was it.
    Went in as Demon again.
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-15 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome help, got it first go, thank mate
    Didnt work so well on Kel'Thuzad, couldnt escape the ice prisons.
    I tried without my pet and no prisons, just had to dodge the purple circles, but couldnt keep my health up.
    Got KT down to 8mill. but that was it.
    Went in as Demon again.
    Don't use Demo for soloing Do KT as Destro so you can heal yourself with Ember Tap. Have your void up to pick up the adds in P3.

So Destro or Affliction for soloing or is boss specific?
    I used Affliction on KT and it worked like a charm, never tried Destro although I did see for the Green Warlock questline Destro was preferred.
    If I pop the Voidwalker I'll get the ice prisons, did you mean try and burn everything down before KT comes into the fight?
    I've tried that a few times, some worked better than others, but there always one or two left that are a pain and I found my Felguard worked better.
    I'll try the Void again on Destro, have to read up on how to play it first, and see how we go.
    Thanks for the help.

If I pop the Voidwalker I'll get the ice prisons, did you mean try and burn everything down before KT comes into the fight?
    What would be the point in that?

I dno how you handle Ice Prisms but I imagine Sacrifical Pact or Soul Leech would work fine.

I used Affliction on KT and it worked like a charm, never tried Destro although I did see for the Green Warlock questline Destro was preferred.
    I've tried that a few times, some worked better than others, but there always one or two left that are a pain and I found my Felguard worked better.
    I'll try the Void again on Destro, have to read up on how to play it first, and see how we go.
    Thanks for the help.
    He meant when the adds come toward the end of the fight have your voidy pick those up while you tank KT.

For spec it varies from fight to fight but generally afflic will be the spec of choice followed closely by destro, but a lot of the time you can get away with personal preference between the two.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-03-15 at 02:49 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

The way I handle ice prisms is dont have a pet up so I dont get them, that easy.
    The second I have a pet their able to be cast and usually are.

So I'am not quite sure what you mean when you said what would be the point.

If I try and burn all the adds down first then when KT comes into the fight thats the only target I have to worry about, I found the Voidwalker doesnt do as good of a job as the Felguard with that.
    But for the KT fight I dismiss my pet so I dont get the prisms.

Remember I do this as Demon, I'll give Destro a go once I work out how to play it.

If your comment about what is the point concerns my comment about Affliction or Destro I'am basing it on the advice I got to use Affliction for Heigan.
    It worked fine first time so it was good advice but as I've only played Demon any other spec is foreign to me so I'am not sure what certain boss fights require what spec.
    So forgive my ignorance I'am new to soloing, I enjoy it immensely but its still very much a learning process for me.

Also I'am doing 25 man not 10 man, I'am after the head token for xmog.

Ok, just saw the other post above, I havent got to that phase yet so thats where the confusion on my behalf was.
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-15 at 03:10 PM.

I've watched some of the videos regarding soloing Magmaw and Omnotron Defense Council, and I've tried it several times. I just can't do it. Is a ilvl of 490 sufficient for the task (before I put on 2t5)? Are there any additional tips that might come in handy? Magmaw I die very very fast. Soul Link, Curse of Enfeeblement, destro spec. This might just be a gear thing. But Omnotron I feel like I should be able to do. I last a good while, I move the voidwalker/boss out of the dmg increase pools. I guess I should check my logs to see if I'm taking any of the enrage damage from the deactivating mobs. Do I need to turn off the VW's damage shield or something? Any advice would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen View Post
    I've watched some of the videos regarding soloing Magmaw and Omnotron Defense Council, and I've tried it several times. I just can't do it. Is a ilvl of 490 sufficient for the task (before I put on 2t5)? Are there any additional tips that might come in handy? Magmaw I die very very fast. Soul Link, Curse of Enfeeblement, destro spec. This might just be a gear thing. But Omnotron I feel like I should be able to do. I last a good while, I move the voidwalker/boss out of the dmg increase pools. I guess I should check my logs to see if I'm taking any of the enrage damage from the deactivating mobs. Do I need to turn off the VW's damage shield or something? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Magmaw can sometimes hit very hard, and I sometimes have no idea why he does so. My only advice is to use all your embers for Ember Tap (new glyph may be handy) and to let your pet die when he gets Mangle.
    Omnotron should be easy, there's no enrage timer so take your time and survive. Don't bother killing the Poison Bombs, move your pet away from the Chemical Cloud (but try to put the bosses onto it), move the bosses away from Power Generator and use it for yourself. I believe Arcanotron is the one dealing the more damage, with his Arcane Annihilator you can't interrupt. You do not need to turn off the pet's shield. Use Havoc whenever you can (when the offtarget's shield is not up). And with the new Soul Leech it's probably easier now.

I've been soloing Ulduar but am having trouble with Thorim, once I pull the lever and run around the corner I kill the few adds only to be wiped out by a huge spark.
    I'am guessing its coming from the Colossus down the back which I think has the door behind him to Thorim.
    I've also googled some strats but a lot of people say he cant be done because of his huge hit points and he resets, these are older comments, so not sure if I'am wasting my time here.
    I'am after the Lock tier shoulders token so would like to at least get him down if nothing else.

Deleted
    Thorim is a tricky fight, you basically need to bug the event to reach him. Here's how to do it:
    - Start in the arena, kill all the adds. Open the gate asap.
    - Pull the Iron Construct and go back to the arena, before the huge spark kills you (use speed buff like Burning Rush).
    - Have your void tank the Construct inside the arena while you wait for the respawn in the gauntlet behind the gate.
    - Have your pet aggro the arena adds, let him die or summon him, kill the Construct and the arena adds (while being inside the gauntlet) but leave one alive.
    The main idea is, Phase 2 (Thorim fight itself) can only be launched when the whole arena is cleared. But if no one is inside it Thorim casts the huge spark which is a instant wipe. So you need to reach Thorim before killing the last arena add and aggro him before the casts the spark.
    - Clear all the gauntlet, while keeping the last arena add alive. This is now doable because you killed the Construct (which blocked the way). Take all the time you need to regen.
    - Just before Thorim, kill the arena add. When Sif begins to talk, go past Thorim and jump into the arena to begin Phase 2 (note that it's the hardmode version because the game thinks you've reached him under 2:45.
    A video may be easier to understand all this, it was done at lvl85 so it shouldn't be an issue at 90.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-03-17 at 11:13 AM.

Thats where I'am failing, I cant pull the Iron Construct, I open the gate as soon as I can, drop a Circle then run to him but by the time I'am halfway down the hall he bugs and everything vanishes.
    Cue the spark and wipe.
    I'am killing the worm and the mob, opening the gate and running straight to him, I dont know how to do it any faster but it bugs everytime.
    I'll check the vid link thanks but geez this isnt making sense.
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-17 at 11:25 AM.