Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Make sure you pick up the legendary staff, equip it and the right click on it to get the use effect active
    a lot of comments im reading about it say to kite the advisors to the entrance room? is that absolutely neccesary? wont that aggro the other bosses?(i run right past them because i have no interest in downing them.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I did it during the pre-patch at 85 without kiting them out. Took me the better part of the day, but I also had to wait for a soft reset because the whole fight bugged out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    okay then at what point does it become easy for warlocks to solo kael thas? the farthest im able to get at fresh 87 is beginning of phase 3. or is there something im doing wrong?
    There's no need to use the legendary staff nor kite the advisors out of the boss chamber. The way I usually do it is to kite Thaladred to one of the 2 bottom corners of the boss chamber (near the entrance), kite Sanguinar to the other entrance, kill Capernian near the top right of the boss chamber (where she stands, I use gateway and portal to close the gap between where I kill Sanguinar and where she stands so that she doesn't move much) and kill Telonicus right where he stands as well. This way, the advisors are spread out across the 4 corners. The fight becomes easy for a warlock (or anyone, really) when you're able to kill any of the 4 advisors at P3 before any of the other advisors can reach you.

Not really "old content" but as my thread got closed the mod told me I should post it here. MSP HC Solo - Havnt seen any other videos of it on youtube being solo'd by a Warlock. Quality isnt great. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJIsLYLOSY
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Another Destro solo Warmaster Blackhorn.......Ilvl 512 so not really an impressive kill, but it can be done at lower Ilvls. It would just be really annoying.
    http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...psf1cdcafd.jpg
    http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3cca8043.jpg

The only real difficult part about this fight as destro is when the boss first comes down. As long as you can nuke the big drake down fast enough, the fight is pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    There's no need to use the legendary staff nor kite the advisors out of the boss chamber. The way I usually do it is to kite Thaladred to one of the 2 bottom corners of the boss chamber (near the entrance), kite Sanguinar to the other entrance, kill Capernian near the top right of the boss chamber (where she stands, I use gateway and portal to close the gap between where I kill Sanguinar and where she stands so that she doesn't move much) and kill Telonicus right where he stands as well. This way, the advisors are spread out across the 4 corners. The fight becomes easy for a warlock (or anyone, really) when you're able to kill any of the 4 advisors at P3 before any of the other advisors can reach you.
    the main problem i'm having is when i fight the weapons. they drain me of almost all my health(they attack all at once.) and by phase 3 im almost dead. what am i doing wrong?(still trying to figure out how the new rotations work too.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the main problem i'm having is when i fight the weapons. they drain me of almost all my health(they attack all at once.) and by phase 3 im almost dead. what am i doing wrong?(still trying to figure out how the new rotations work too.)
    Are you using a pet? It might also be worthwhile to spec into harvest life at lower levels to help get your health back up. If you are destro you can drop RoF on the weapons and you should be able to get a good enough ember generation to pop a few ember taps to heal up.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm 90 with decent LFR gear, but what I did was use my voidwalker to tank for the first three phases, equip and use the legendary staff when it dropped, and then sacrifice my pet right before the last stage to prevent Kael from casting MC which can cause the encounter to reset. The damage they deal to me is completely trivial, so I'm not sure how big a difference a few levels make.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Not really "old content" but as my thread got closed the mod told me I should post it here. MSP HC Solo - Havnt seen any other videos of it on youtube being solo'd by a Warlock. Quality isnt great. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJIsLYLOSY
    Nice one...I briefly tried MSP Hc as well, but got to the 2nd boss and NOPE'd hard and left. I might revisit the place after watching your vid.

I've been soloing some heroics myself lately - Brewery and Scholo, specifically. Nothing special, though, as most of it was a faceroll (Rattlegore was the only boss that required a modicum of thinking . Can post vids here if people wanna see though.

Deleted
    Caribald (Hunter) and Mione (DK) just soloed Alone in the Darkness 25.

This should also be doable by locks, but could req high gear lvl. I would assume this would be easiest as Destruction, because of high great Soul Leech / Ember Tap / Soul Link works.

Also because RoF would help alot in brain rooms, and in p3 for insane ember regen. Doomguard in start of p3 to get the boss under 20%, for Shadowburn spam.

I am most likely going to attempt it when I get heroic weapon (535/541).

Other ideas how to make it possible to solo? Do anyone know if your pet get aggro by default, if you have the gate reduced threat up? (Otherwise I would assume the Voidlord would have trouble picking up the Guardians in p3).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Do anyone know if your pet get aggro by default, if you have the gate reduced threat up? (Otherwise I would assume the Voidlord would have trouble picking up the Guardians in p3).
    Your pet needs to hit the target once to get aggro, even if you have the gateway debuff.
    Hunters have it easy with feign death.

Hate this fight, I would't want to try it again.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-04-06 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Are you using a pet? It might also be worthwhile to spec into harvest life at lower levels to help get your health back up. If you are destro you can drop RoF on the weapons and you should be able to get a good enough ember generation to pop a few ember taps to heal up.
    yeah im using a pet. i always use a pet. do i need to be lvl 90 to do this? only lvl 88 right now.

I've read a bit about soloing Black Temple, the main issues seems to be the Illidari Council and Illidan.
    Are these 2 soloable as well as the rest of the other bosses or do some have to be skipped?
    I'am 495 Demonology and would love to give it a try but thanks to the Green Fel Fire quest line I'am currently locked out of there so thought while I'am waiting for the fix I'd do some research.

Also is there any tips for the Blood Prince Council in ICC?
    I've had a few cracks at it on 10 man solo and just cant seem to get him down, close, but not close enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I've read a bit about soloing Black Temple, the main issues seems to be the Illidari Council and Illidan.
    Are these 2 soloable as well as the rest of the other bosses or do some have to be skipped?

Also is there any tips for the Blood Prince Council in ICC?
    I've had a few cracks at it on 10 man solo and just cant seem to get him down, close, but not close enough.
    Black Temple was fully soloable at lvl85, doing it with 495ilvl should be a walk in the park, you could just dps everything down and ignoring all mechanics.

As for Blood Council, use Dark Apotheosis. Pets take extra damage on this boss so it's better if you tank them yourself.

Well, finally killed Omnotron Defense council and Magmaw (ugh, 30 wipes). Was going to faceroll Atramedes but was summarily executed by his dwarf trash. Can that trash be solo'd?

edit: so it turns out execution sentence does not actually kill you. I'm not sure why I assumed it did, but it's barely even painful. the trash was quite easy once I understood it all (shocking, i know)
    Last edited by Eliathen; 2013-04-08 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen View Post
    Well, finally killed Omnotron Defense council and Magmaw (ugh, 30 wipes). Was going to faceroll Atramedes but was summarily executed by his dwarf trash. Can that trash be solo'd?
    I easily soloed that trash, you shouldn't have many problems.

It occurred to me while I was laying in bed that I didn't try to kite them and I also didn't try it without a pet. I'm guessing I can't get Execution Sentenced if I sac my pet first. I will try again soon.

My current solo list:

Molten core as afli
    Bwl as desto
    Kara as desto
    Hyjal/gruul as desto
    BT as desto
    Naxx as afli
    Ulduar full clear as afli except algalon as demo/DA
    Onyxia as afli

Hardest of those: kara Chess event after they buffed medivh,
    First boss of bwl :P

Gonna try aq40 soon

Easiest of those: ony, hyjal and mc

I went to Naxx 25 last night to finish off the last of my Glory of the Raider achievements, and holy damn, Patchwerk hits like a TRUCK. I barely managed to get him down as Aff between refreshing my dots and spamming health funnel on my Voidwalker, and I ended the fight at 10% HP. Am I doing it wrong or is that the case for everyone?

Also, those damned death knight cavalier mobs before and after Instructor are seriously annoying >:|

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    I went to Naxx 25 last night to finish off the last of my Glory of the Raider achievements, and holy damn, Patchwerk hits like a TRUCK. I barely managed to get him down as Aff between refreshing my dots and spamming health funnel on my Voidwalker, and I ended the fight at 10% HP. Am I doing it wrong or is that the case for everyone?

Also, those damned death knight cavalier mobs before and after Instructor are seriously annoying >:|
    He has always hit like a truck (and since you don't have a hateful strike tank that means twice as bad for your void), when I was soloing him I just kept CoEn, full dots, and drain soul to keep up enough shards to keep my void up. I'm hoping by 'spamming health funnel' you mean 'spamming SB:HF'.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki