Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just two healing with Monk and Pally. Here's our logs from last week if you want to look them over: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8039&e=8187

Deleted
    My guild killed heroic Animus today and I tanked 2 small golems and Animus. My co-tank (paladin) killed 3 small ones and then took two golems for the rest of the fight. We went first with 2 healers but the healing was not enough so we killed him in the end with 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. Avoiding the fonts will be harder if you tank animus because of the 1 sec stun from the animus ring. Ask for external cooldowns when needed.

I started with using barkskin -->nature's vigil+incarnation.

On some pulls berserk would hit a golem behind the boss, our encha shamans to be exact. I don't know HOW but it did happen 4 to 5 times so i stopped using it at the pull and rather used it with the second nature's vigil.

I encourage to save a cooldown for the worst case scenario. Which is, a anima font is going to hit under you. The anima ring pops at the same time so you're stunned and trapped so you'll have to soak the anima font. Also possible melee hits.

Get used to quick wipes and a lot of waiting if you want to wait for trinkets cooldown

Thanks for all the help we let our pala tank solo tank it. We will try the 2 tank strat next week.

Guardian

Savage Defense now has 3 charges.
    what is the big change here? hasnt it always had 3 charges? :/

15+ Year Old Account
    i think that is just for clarification, unless we are now only allowed to dodge 3 times before it drops off

- - - Updated - - -

is rune of reorgination any good for tank druids ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

what is the big change here? hasnt it always had 3 charges? :/
    Its just a tooltip addition, it has been added to a number of spell in the latest build.

is rune of reorgination any good for tank druids ?
    It is a huge dmg increase and a huge rage increase. If you time you Thrash with it the dot will crit all the time. You can argue about it not beeing that strong in 25m but still its a very strong.

The rage value loses a bit when already have alot of crit already (70%+). IF you use incarnation and it RoR procs you can refresh you dots with 100% crit and spam mangle and do alot more dmg and gain alot more rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    You can argue about it not beeing that strong in 25m but still its a very strong.
    If you could pick any 2 for 25m's what would you pick. Granted you said it is still strong, I am interested because I raid 25m and have wondered what the absolute best combo would be.

If you could pick any 2 for 25m's what would you pick. Granted you said it is still strong, I am interested because I raid 25m and have wondered what the absolute best combo would be.
    Im 10m but

renatakis/juju is very good for 25m.

Some may say other but I would rank this for 25m.

Renatakis
    bloodlust/juju (depends on bossfights)
    RoR

renatakis is the best I would say change between bloodlust juju or ror depends on boss

If you could pick any 2 for 25m's what would you pick.
    The 25ms I know run Renataki and a Stamina trinket. Fatsteak for example is using a Soul Barrier and Renataki right now.

Whereas someone like Kaleri who is still progressing through heroic content is using RoRo + Renataki.

Dex is running Juju/Renataki.

Depends on the preference, but Renataki is a pretty consistent choice for everyone (Dat Expertise).

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    The 25ms I know run Renataki and a Stamina trinket. Fatsteak for example is using a Soul Barrier and Renataki right now.

Whereas someone like Kaleri who is still progressing through heroic content is using RoRo + Renataki.

Dex is running Juju/Renataki.

Depends on the preference, but Renataki is a pretty consistent choice for everyone (Dat Expertise).
    Heroic Renataki is a monster. I got it on our first Jin'rokh kill and upgraded it. Even going from a 530 to a 543 you really notice the difference, I had several crit Mangles for over 350k with my 530 staff..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Heroic Renataki is a monster. I got it on our first Jin'rokh kill and upgraded it. Even going from a 530 to a 543 you really notice the difference, I had several crit Mangles for over 350k with my 530 staff..
    Very nice.

I am still trying to get regular Renataki's to drop...lol

I tank with a Prot warrior And I find it hard to keep a dps rotation and include any kind of tnc procs as the current OT. He has 12+ ilvls on me and Idk if it's just a warrior problem or if anyone else has problems pulling threat off their co-tank.

Quote Originally Posted by slickback1 View Post
    I tank with a Prot warrior And I find it hard to keep a dps rotation and include any kind of tnc procs as the current OT. He has 12+ ilvls on me and Idk if it's just a warrior problem or if anyone else has problems pulling threat off their co-tank.
    I constantly have to back off on DPS while I am off tanking bosses. While it is kind of a pain, there really is not much that can be done about it. The only co-tank I can go all out dps on while not tanking is a Monk because keg smash is pure win.

Keep in mind while you are off tanking, use every proc of T&C because it is going to help him out as well. Make sure you keep your dots/debuffs up at all times. If you are not using Omen or some other threat tracker I suggest you do it because that is the best gauge at how close to 100% you can go.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I constantly have to back off on DPS while I am off tanking bosses. While it is kind of a pain, there really is not much that can be done about it. The only co-tank I can go all out dps on while not tanking is a Monk because keg smash is pure win.

Keep in mind while you are off tanking, use every proc of T&C because it is going to help him out as well. Make sure you keep your dots/debuffs up at all times. If you are not using Omen or some other threat tracker I suggest you do it because that is the best gauge at how close to 100% you can go.

Good luck.
    Yea I use omen and I even stop auto attacking and just keep up dots, but it seems every time I thrash I just auto rip threat. It's really frustrating just sitting there derping until its my turn to taunt lol. Even my tnc mauls cause my omen to go crazy haha. Guess I'll just have to deal.

Also, I use the RoO and it's like a mini enrage whenever it procs. I only end up sacrificing 2% dmg mitigation with the mastery loss, plus having it proc when tanking bats on heroic tort and seeing those ridiculous numbers is really exciting haha.

Yea I use omen and I even stop auto attacking and just keep up dots, but it seems every time I thrash I just auto rip threat. It's really frustrating just sitting there derping until its my turn to taunt lol. Even my tnc mauls cause my omen to go crazy haha. Guess I'll just have to deal.
    If this happens at the start of a fight say jinrokh its totally normal it doenst even matter which tank setup you have. After switching with when the amount of total aggro is not high so you have enough room to be above the other tank thats normal. After about 1-2 min the total amount should be high enough that even if you do more than you other tank it should take along time till the boss hits you instead of your mate. And your tank can react to it cause even if he has aggro and you are above him in omen a taunt from him will make it equal again. If this still happens after 1-2 min then your cotank is doing something really wrong.

And even if warriors do low dmg. the aggro gaind from Shieldslam with glyphed shieldblock after taunting is insane. I had more trouble with pala and dks at the start of the fight.

Dont forget with 5.4 after you tankswitch with a taunt the tauntin tank gets 200% aggro for X sec(forgot the exact time)

Also, I use the RoO and it's like a mini enrage whenever it procs. I only end up sacrificing 2% dmg mitigation with the mastery loss, plus having it proc when tanking bats on heroic tort and seeing those ridiculous numbers is really exciting haha.
    Sadly they changed NV to not proc off of thrash dot anymore like it was in HoF, that would be so nice on add fights like tortos.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-07-26 at 06:59 PM.

When I'm tanking second I ususally utilize hotw at the beginning to not pull threat. It may not be the best time to use it, but It just makes tank transitions and healing smoother. I can't wait for the 200% taunt and higher warrior damage in 5.4. Sitting around derping because I'd pull threat if I didn't isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfsak View Post
    When I'm tanking second I ususally utilize hotw at the beginning to not pull threat. It may not be the best time to use it, but It just makes tank transitions and healing smoother. I can't wait for the 200% taunt and higher warrior damage in 5.4. Sitting around derping because I'd pull threat if I didn't isn't fun.
    Our DK has made it into kind of a game. He knows that I can pull threat with nothing but DoT ticks, and I do more than double his DPS even in the worst case, so he tries to taunt at key times so that he gets given his stack and then I pull the boss right back without taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfsak View Post
    My problem is that I can hardly use HotW, cause I mostly maintank or solo tank. And bosses I could use it the dmg and utility from NV is superior to the one from HotW

While it may not reflect what goes live in 5.4, the increased threat when you taunt a target on the PTR has been a godsend if you have issues keeping threat on tank swaps. Literally, I've had no issues maintaining threat after tank swaps, and I'm way below hit/exp caps due to the scaling of gear (also, SotF for Guardian seems to make this even easier, as I've been trying to test out all the talents).

Since people have been talking about our level 90 tier talents with respect to threat, I may as well say that we'll likely be switching them around quite a bit in the SoO raid. Ironically, I've been using NV the least, mostly because I'm testing out DoC as Guardian (which will produce massive HT heals with any sort of Vengeance, lots of fun topping off a near-dead raid member in one heal) and HotW + Tranq (and follow-up Rejuvs) is really good on some encounters like Immerseus. I would say the use of NV or DoC will be a personal decision in most cases, as NV will be a damage increase and DoC will allow for targeted healing/rezzing. I find it rather addicting being able to effectively heal people while tanking when they need it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

DoC will allow for targeted healing/rezzing
    I hoep they change that cause the talent was always designed to heal and when you heal you gain a small dps. Sure its really nice but it feels like the talent was only half designed for druid tanks.

healers get heal from dmg, cats get dmg from heal. And the guardian gets heal.