Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
57
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Quote Originally Posted by Medelwr View Post
    Is there any reason that most top guardian druid logs I see use the agility flask or is that just due to not knowing which is better?
    Laziness. Using flasks for farm content is cheaper.

    Does this have a separate spell effect name to track for WA, or is just tracking DoC proc enough?
    You can just track the DoC buff.

  2. #922
    Is this still correct for 5.4? Can anyone explain to me why we aren't using agility flask over the 2 elixirs?
    Can you use mastery and armor? I thought mastery was def elixier, I use crit and armor but on farm or bosses you will spend alot of trys on and wipe early I use flask.

    And tbh you want the crit elixier not the mastery one.


    @ exo: Is it even possible to achieve what you want? If you add how vengeance and tnc works its almost impossible to ahve accurate data. If a boss only melee you, you will have slightly less vengeance than for what he melees you, so 1 TNC "stack" will be fully absorbed but once you apply a second one alot will be wasted. If you add dot dmg (dot dmg still counts they only took away the standing in stuff thing if I remember correctly) you will asorb slightly more than the actual melee hit. If you find a way to make that TnC aura work so you have an accurate number great, but if not you can jsut look in WoL and try to estimate what you "absorbed".

    Normally I try to calculate it with WoL, using this "formula":

    I track stacks ingame so I try to remember the average amount TnC procs from 1 maul.

    First I look at the boss, and how much uptime I have on tanking the boss, so for megaera its really easy cause you always tank one head, so I use all debuffs applied on two tank qon I use 85% of the TnC applied.
    Depending on boss I subtract a 5-15% to make it a bit more accurate.

    So on megaera i had 38 TnC applied roughly about 130k per application. That would make 4,94 million dmg absorbed. Minus 5% that would be 4,69 million dmg absorbed. That would be about 13-14k hps on our last fight. (just an example I think average tnc could be a bit higher on that fight)

    I know this is not very accurate at all jsut a rough estimation on how much TnC actually absorbed, but if your aura has about the same numbers than this calculation the time spend on the aura will be wasted. cause showing how much you absorbed the whole fight will not be gamebreaking if its not near the actual absorb.

    Is there any reason that most top guardian druid logs I see use the agility flask or is that just due to not knowing which is better?
    There is more than just the difference between flask or elixier. stuff like perfect rotation and mangel usage, tracking trinkets and using you cooldowns, and fight length from a dmg pov the difference is really minor, but agi flask is slightly better on fights where you use HotW wrath spam dont know about cat tho, I usually just wrath spam. If you add the ap from agi flask and so on the actuall dmg difference is very very low.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-09-10 at 09:01 AM.

  3. #923
    A few questions here, while I wait for the European launch of the patch:

    - I have been reading and wondering about how powerful the DoC procced HT will actually be on live. I know it is advised to stay the heck away from the Frenzied Regeneration glyph, but would a 40% increased healing window of 6 secs not synergize greatly with an instant HT that has already been improved by 20% by the talent, amplified by Vengeance and which, on top of it all, relies on a great crit chance? From here it sounds like a LoH of sorts wih no cooldown (obviously limited by procs and rage generation).

    Also, wouldn't Ysera's Gift also be affected by the 40% increased healing? The 6-sec window guarantees at least one enhanced tick.

    To sum it up: could FR glyph not be an option? I know it would entail changes in gameplay, but considering the buffs to our health, the reduced CD on Barkskin (both giving more wiggle room for reactive play) and the healing capabilities of DoC, it sounds like something to take into account.

    Apologies in advance for any misconceptions. But I am really curious.

  4. #924
    yes I think ysera is affected not 100% sure.

    And no FR glyph is not an option. the HT is on the gcd and will not be as good. FR is still alot better than HT. HT is really ncie for raidhealing and on some encounters.

  5. #925
    Not seeing the Barkskin buff in the official notes, I am assuming it didn't make it live?

  6. #926
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post
    A few questions here, while I wait for the European launch of the patch:

    - I have been reading and wondering about how powerful the DoC procced HT will actually be on live. I know it is advised to stay the heck away from the Frenzied Regeneration glyph, but would a 40% increased healing window of 6 secs not synergize greatly with an instant HT that has already been improved by 20% by the talent, amplified by Vengeance and which, on top of it all, relies on a great crit chance? From here it sounds like a LoH of sorts wih no cooldown (obviously limited by procs and rage generation).

    Also, wouldn't Ysera's Gift also be affected by the 40% increased healing? The 6-sec window guarantees at least one enhanced tick.

    To sum it up: could FR glyph not be an option? I know it would entail changes in gameplay, but considering the buffs to our health, the reduced CD on Barkskin (both giving more wiggle room for reactive play) and the healing capabilities of DoC, it sounds like something to take into account.

    Apologies in advance for any misconceptions. But I am really curious.
    I wouldn't trade the FR Healing for anything... It's too damn good off of the GCD that u can't just leave it. But I'll tell u what, go drop it and see for urself. Just feel the fright and the depression when u mash that button up for an emergency healing and u can't just get it because it's glyphed and tell me what u'll do.

  7. #927
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Not seeing the Barkskin buff in the official notes, I am assuming it didn't make it live?
    It's there. Rygarius missed a few things.

  8. #928
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    It's there. Rygarius missed a few things.
    Yeah saw you made note of it over at theincbear. Thanks!

  9. #929
    I remember reading about bis items prior to the patch, and some people thought shoulders would be best to go nonset for. Meanwhile others thought gloves would be the better choice. Which has turned out as the best solution? Thanks!

  10. #930
    High Overlord Motoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    I remember reading about bis items prior to the patch, and some people thought shoulders would be best to go nonset for. Meanwhile others thought gloves would be the better choice. Which has turned out as the best solution? Thanks!
    Shoulders offset is the "Best" but please do go for whichever option you can obtain first

  11. #931
    For heroic, the Gloves. Otherwise neither.

  12. #932
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    @ exo: Is it even possible to achieve what you want? If you add how vengeance and tnc works its almost impossible to ahve accurate data. If a boss only melee you, you will have slightly less vengeance than for what he melees you, so 1 TNC "stack" will be fully absorbed but once you apply a second one alot will be wasted. If you add dot dmg (dot dmg still counts they only took away the standing in stuff thing if I remember correctly) you will asorb slightly more than the actual melee hit. If you find a way to make that TnC aura work so you have an accurate number great, but if not you can jsut look in WoL and try to estimate what you "absorbed".
    The Vengeance situation is actually the easiest to figure out, even with the changes in 5.4, since I base them off of our paperdoll stats. Dynamically calculating T&C on the fly is pretty easy using those stats.

    I've been working on it with static melee values to see if it will calculate properly, and I have a progressive array worked out that will check the conditions under which the T&C was used (partial or full/excess), and it will take the static melee value and give the actual amount that was prevented via T&C. I haven't added in the damage reduction portion yet, for situations where you're taking less damage than normal and the melee value will be smaller. As I'm currently designing the WA, the refined T&C absorb value will only be for if the boss hits the caster (aka, the bear applying T&C) since I don't really want to calculate damage reduction potentials for all possible targets... I even have my limits.

    The WA I posted earlier seems to be doing alright with WA 2.0, and the values seem pretty accurate with SoO encounters. I was keeping an eye on how high I stacked T&C during raids, and my personal playstyle seems to limit absorbs in excess of the melee hits... which allowed me to use WoL to get a rough estimate and double-check the numbers. Highest total for an encounter I've had thus far is roughly 10mil in absorbs, but it was usually much lower for most of SoO since Vengeance is pretty weak.
    *Since I'm tired of reposting the link:* EH vs TTL and Hybrid Tax

  13. #933
    Bin wondering what weapon enchants are you using.

    Is the windsong haste and crit proc affected by bearform cause you coudl argue about it coming from an item

  14. #934
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,761
    Is Trident of Corrupted Waters FLEX edition upgraded better then Jalak's Maelstrom Staff HC edition upgraded?
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  15. #935
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Is Trident of Corrupted Waters FLEX edition upgraded better then Jalak's Maelstrom Staff HC edition upgraded?
    Much. Nomnom Crit/Exp.

  16. #936
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Much. Nomnom Crit/Exp.
    Hmm.. Ofc... I got my thunderforge Primo trinket last night , dropped RoR - so that extra crit is idd yummi
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  17. #937
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    tyboom or disorientation roar often do not work in raids, they are best used when you are outside or do pvp
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  18. #938
    Why is the 2 piece only giving a 3 second SD instead of a 6 second sd? Didnt know they changed it makes the 2piece alot less worth than i thought

  19. #939
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Why is the 2 piece only giving a 3 second SD instead of a 6 second sd? Didnt know they changed it makes the 2piece alot less worth than i thought
    Because they reduced the CD on Barkskin?

  20. #940
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Much. Nomnom Crit/Exp.
    Yeah, I looked at the stats and was overjoyed in that I'll be getting the second drop since no feral/guardian druids in guild + 1 monk that tanks as offspec in raid. Now if it would actually drop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •