Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
36
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaslan View Post
    Wait, I've been checking the discussion here every day and I haven't seen the crit-cap come up yet. Did I miss it? What's the critcap? Because I am sitting at ~53% with HotW and MotW buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    crit soft cap is like 76% crit so you are fine, also this is not reachable at level 90 so dont wurrie

    the guy above is talking about a low level charecter and since ratings are different at lower levels maybe he can get close to it
    I'm assuming the hardcap is 100%, because I'm sat at around 92% with MotW, and I'm not even close to finished with the character's gear.

  2. #502
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    I'm assuming the hardcap is 100%, because I'm sat at around 92% with MotW, and I'm not even close to finished with the character's gear.
    holy crap what level is that?

    and hardcap it dpeents on the level of your enemy,
    for equal level enemy's its 75% for softcap (auto attacks) (as your attack will have 25% to be galcing)
    and 100% for the hardcap (attack that cant be glacing) basicly all your abilities

    i think the caps move up by 1% for each level your opponent is higher then you
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2013-05-17 at 01:00 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  3. #503
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    holy crap what level is that?

    and hardcap it dpeents on the level of your enemy,
    for equal level enemy's its 75% for softcap (auto attacks) (as your attack will have 25% to be galcing)
    and 100% for the hardcap (attack that can be glacing) basicly all your abilities

    i think the caps move up by 1% for each level your opponent is higher then you
    80. Final gear will easily be crit capped (my chardev is showing 86% without bearform, and windsong procs around 50% >.>) Trying to decide what I should use for a weapon enchant too, is colossus a good option?

  4. #504
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    bank in those days mongooze was the best option but if you crit cap, maybe it isnt ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    80. Final gear will easily be crit capped (my chardev is showing 86% without bearform, and windsong procs around 50% >.>) Trying to decide what I should use for a weapon enchant too, is colossus a good option?
    FWIW chardev has been broken for some time.

  6. #506
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    FWIW chardev has been broken for some time.
    They've fixed most of what was broken, and I've compared values ingame (Armory vs Chardev). Only thing that chardev doesn't have accurate is guardian armor. My set is something like 198k which is 95% according to chardev (obviously wrong).

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    They've fixed most of what was broken, and I've compared values ingame (Armory vs Chardev). Only thing that chardev doesn't have accurate is guardian armor. My set is something like 198k which is 95% according to chardev (obviously wrong).
    I'm assuming we're talking level 85 or something here, because the numbers you're describing are not possible outside of a Rune proc.

  8. #508
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I'm assuming we're talking level 85 or something here, because the numbers you're describing are not possible outside of a Rune proc.
    Level 80, where secondaries go batshit insane.

    Here's the chardev in question: http://chardev.org/profile/48484-Bear.html (Ignore the staff, there's honestly no better besides a MH/OH combo :<)

  9. #509
    I was trying to find if anyone mentioned it but I couldnt see anything.

    With the mastery buff, do we change our secondary stat priorities or we stick to
    hit7.5% -> expertise 15% -> crit -> haste -> mastery -> dodge?

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkoudi View Post
    I was trying to find if anyone mentioned it but I couldnt see anything.

    With the mastery buff, do we change our secondary stat priorities or we stick to
    hit7.5% -> expertise 15% -> crit -> haste -> mastery -> dodge?
    No change in stat priority what-so-ever.

  11. #511
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    iv been worndering on the item upgrades, as a kitty i would blindly go for my weapon, but as bear the threat is not realy an issue
    so i gues i should upgrade what gives me the most exp/ crit / haste
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  12. #512
    You should consider choosing the items with the largest item budgets. Weapon, chest, pants, helm, & trinkets. What you choose is up to you but those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

    PS. Depending on how far into the Legendary questline you are, your cloak should be the very last item you upgrade.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 08:47 AM.

  13. #513
    PS. Depending on how far into the Legendary questline you are, your cloak should be the very last item you upgrade.
    No, Rings and Neck should be last, since they don't have armor.

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    No, Rings and Neck should be last, since they don't have armor.
    Normally I would agree with you but not if you are within 3-4 weeks of getting the 5.3 cloaks. Why would you waste valor on a cloak if you are close to replacing it with an ilvl 600 version?

    IMO that's inefficient given that guardians have 15 slots to upgrade over the next month. Even if you were valor capped and upgraded 6 items on patch day, that still leaves you 9 slots to upgrade excluding any other new pieces you also get along the way.

    Patch = Weapon, Helm, Legs, Chest, & Trinkets.
    Week 1 = Shoulders & Feet
    Week 2 = Gloves & Belt
    Week 3 = Bracers & Neck
    Week 4 = Rings
    Week 5 = Cloak & Everything else

    Cloaks give the lowest amount of armor via upgrades vs other "armor" pieces, so you shouldn't be considering it until weeks 3 or 4 if that is your goal. Additionally, If you weren't having issues staying alive before, then missing the increased armor from the cloak wont have a significant impact wile you work towards the 5.3 one.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 04:57 PM.

  15. #515
    Normally I would agree with you but not if you are within 3-4 weeks of getting the 5.3 cloaks. Why would you waste valor on a cloak if you are close to replacing it with an ilvl 600 version?
    It's 500 Valor. Hard to call that a waste when you can fully upgrade 2 items a week.

    Plus, you have no way of knowing exactly how close/far you are away from getting your cloak. If you know for 100% you will not replace your Rings/Neck before getting your cloak (ie. Heroic Thunderforged) then sure, do them first.

    Otherwise you're just skipping free mitigation in order to save 500 valor you're going to lose anyway when you replace your jewelry.

  16. #516
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,049
    my thrash dot no longer crits !

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    my thrash dot no longer crits !
    Wtb logs >.<

  18. #518
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,049
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...9oz/details/7/ logs from may 14th
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...fhv/details/1/ logs from may 21th

    I noticed it doing LFR a few minutes ago and checking logs it was critting last week, last night not at all.

    Really hope this is just a bug
    Last edited by rated; 2013-05-23 at 12:20 AM.

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Really hope this is just a bug
    Makes no sense if it isn't.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...p/spell/77758/

    It can still crit on the initial hit, but yay 9360 ticks and 0 crits so far.

    On the plus side, Bear Hug can crit again!

  20. #520
    I can confirm Thrash ticks are not critting for feral as well:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=67977

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •