1. #1

    [Resto] What kind of healing done am i supposed to have?

    What should my healing done be for the fights in HM HC /Mythic i ahve 664 ilvl, and i find myselv around 35k ish. is this bad or is it supposed to be like this? I'm new to druid raiding, only ever played PvP, just started raiding HC and normal in this Expansion

    Any tips and tricks will help.

    P.S. I find mana to be and issue on most fights.

    I play on EU, and my Char name is Horze, for those who wants to check my armory and stats out. I can't post links to wowgraph since i haven't posted enough in here

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,919
    Your HPS at the end of the fight is determined by your own playstyle, if other people fucked up, if the other healers were slacking or were better than you, and so on. There is no HPS sweetspot you should have, it's completely situational.

    That being said, 35k SOUNDS fine, assuming the other healers are on that level as well. Judging healers on the HPS meter is a pretty horrible way of seeing if they're good, though.

  3. #3
    It's time to make yourself familiar with Warcraftlogs.com.

  4. #4
    You can't rate HPS the same way you can DPS, because there's only a finite amount of healing that can be done, and much of it depends on how well your raid plays and how your co-healers do. If your raid does all the mechanics perfectly, you'll have less HPS than another druid whose raid stands in half the shit, but it doesn't mean he's better.

    That said, 35k hps sounds about alright for longer fights with moderately predictable damage. If this is from Heroic Butcher, it's probably a bit low. Unless you raid with multiple discpriests.

  5. #5
    Just pop over the WCL and look at what other druids are doing on specific fights, compare their gear to yours and see how you match up.

  6. #6
    I am using WCL, jsut can't post any links yet since i haven't posted enough on these forums

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Horze View Post
    What should my healing done be for the fights in HM HC /Mythic i ahve 664 ilvl, and i find myselv around 35k ish. is this bad or is it supposed to be like this? I'm new to druid raiding, only ever played PvP, just started raiding HC and normal in this Expansion

    Any tips and tricks will help.

    P.S. I find mana to be and issue on most fights.

    I play on EU, and my Char name is Horze, for those who wants to check my armory and stats out. I can't post links to wowgraph since i haven't posted enough in here
    If your team lived through the encounter and the boss died - your hps is fine
    Pretty much what others have said here. The meter can't tell you everything ( Logs are great for self analyzing )
    If you are having mana problems and use wild growth a lot this might be your problem ( wild growth is very very mana heavy ) So you really gotta pick the spots you use it ( making sure if you do it will hit 4-5+ people )

    Think of tree form as a mana saving CD ( this is now kind of our innervate )
    Make sure when you use Tranq that it doesn't go to overhealing ( good timing )
    Iron bark is your friend and use on anyone you see about to take a hit of stupid ( if noone gets hit by stupid use it on the tank tanking the boss for extra midigation )

    Hope some of this helps cheers

  8. #8
    Thanks a lot for the comments guys, i will post some WCL when i am able to

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    If your team lived through the encounter and the boss died - your hps is fine
    Recipe for personal failure.





    and this is what people mean by using WCL OP
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#metric=hps
    Filter for difficulty, spec, and so on.
    Good way to compare how your heals *should* or could look for each boss.
    Last edited by Zetlizard; 2015-01-06 at 08:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Blademaster Triscone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetlizard View Post
    Recipe for personal failure.





    and this is what people mean by using WCL OP
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#metric=hps
    Filter for difficulty, spec, and so on.
    Good way to compare how your heals should look in average for each boss.

    I don't agree that's a recipe for personal failure. It really is about the only metric usable for healers. There are far far too many factors that go into any metered data for healers that most of it is just pure junk as a means of comparison.

    Even comparing yourself to other healers via logs can tell you very little. Bosses have the same amount of HP every single pull. It takes 100m DMG to end the encounter for example. Healing that same encounter will take different total healing amount every single pull.

    Top parses and logs are often healers purposely trying to "rank" by cutting back on the number of healers and I've even seen examples of healers taking unneccesary damage purposefully just to have something more to heal.

    Logs are good for self analysis of an individual pull, there are just too many variables that can't be held constant to ever just look at them and say someone is underperforming based on them.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscone View Post
    I don't agree that's a recipe for personal failure. It really is about the only metric usable for healers. There are far far too many factors that go into any metered data for healers that most of it is just pure junk as a means of comparison.

    Even comparing yourself to other healers via logs can tell you very little. Bosses have the same amount of HP every single pull. It takes 100m DMG to end the encounter for example. Healing that same encounter will take different total healing amount every single pull.

    Top parses and logs are often healers purposely trying to "rank" by cutting back on the number of healers and I've even seen examples of healers taking unneccesary damage purposefully just to have something more to heal.

    Logs are good for self analysis of an individual pull, there are just too many variables that can't be held constant to ever just look at them and say someone is underperforming based on them.
    Then compare yourself with a kill done with the same amount of healers in your group, or even the same exact healer comp, there so many logs that its completely possible and easy to find out, looking at the top parses is ok to look what they're doing to get so much, but when comparing yourself to something looking at the top 50-200 or so is never a bad thing to do.

    Still even with all the possible outcomes, right now gear and mana is very limited so the results at the end tend to be pretty linear when compared with similar comps & # of healers, you can't just pad as a healer like you could before, if you try to snipe to make your hps look good you will get yourself OoM or end in a wipe if you run 4 or less healer comps.

    If you just say, OH WELL THE BOSS DIED I DID FINE NO MATTER WHAT HPS I PULLED, then I feel sorry for you for not trying to best yourself, there will always be mistakes even when you succeed, looking for ways to improve is not only key for progression but also part of the fun.
    There is always room to anticipate boss mechanics better and use cooldowns or abilities better and better, and right now cooldowns = better hps, more mana, less dead people.

  12. #12
    As a resto druid, there are a few things you should be looking at to evaluate your healing.

    1) Harmony uptime. It should be 99.9% uptime on every fight. If its below 90%, its something you need to adjust and work on.
    2)Lifebloom uptime. This spell should also be very high at 90%+ If it is below that, it is something you need to adjust and work on.
    3) How many casts of Mushroom did you get off vs the length of the encounter? This isn't super strict, but gives you an idea of your uptime on your mushroom during an encounter. On a 6 minute fight, you should be getting at least 2 mushrooms off per minute, so ideally you should have ~12 casts of mushroom on a 6 minute fight (Mushrooms is 30sec)
    4) Personal CD usage. This doesn't evaluate your healing, but it shows if you're using abilities. Everyone should be using personal CDs, so your barkskin usage should be used as much as possible. With a 1 minute CD, on a 6 minute fight, ideally it should be around 5-6 casts. Ironbark is similar, but it may be different for everyone based on your raid comp (does your tanks "reserve" your IB, or are you allowed to use it whenever?)
    5) Nature's vigil usage (if talented)--another Mathy one. 1.5 minute CD. It should be used on CD. If you've got one use on a 6 minute fight.. thats bad!
    6) How many clearcasts did you gain during a fight vs how many regrowths cast during an encounter. If you had 15 clearcasts on a fight, you should also have 15 regrowth casts as well!

    This isn't end all, be all, but these are a few things that you can look at on your own very easily every fight and make adjustments based on that knowledge of where you should be as a resto druid.
    Last edited by solidbear; 2015-01-06 at 11:37 PM.

  13. #13
    Blademaster Triscone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    As a resto druid, there are a few things you should be looking at to evaluate your healing.

    1) Harmony uptime. It should be 99.9% uptime on every fight. If its below 90%, its something you need to adjust and work on.
    2)Lifebloom uptime. This spell should also be very high at 90%+ If it is below that, it is something you need to adjust and work on.
    3) How many casts of Mushroom did you get off vs the length of the encounter? This isn't super strict, but gives you an idea of your uptime on your mushroom during an encounter. On a 6 minute fight, you should be getting at least 2 mushrooms off per minute, so ideally you should have ~12 casts of mushroom on a 6 minute fight (Mushrooms is 30sec)
    4) Personal CD usage. This doesn't evaluate your healing, but it shows if you're using abilities. Everyone should be using personal CDs, so your barkskin usage should be used as much as possible. With a 1 minute CD, on a 6 minute fight, ideally it should be around 5-6 casts.
    5) Nature's vigil usage (if talented)--another Mathy one. 1.5 minute CD. It should be used on CD. If you've got one use on a 6 minute fight.. thats bad!
    6) How many clearcasts did you gain during a fight vs how many regrowths cast during an encounter. If you had 15 clearcasts on a fight, you should also have 15 regrowth casts as well!

    This isn't end all, be all, but these are a few things that you can look at on your own very easily every fight and make adjustments based on that knowledge of where you should be as a resto druid. HPS/Rankings are a decent indicator, but doesn't really equate to a "better" healer. Its like DPS... Some DPS "look good" because they pad meters, but are actually bad because they aren't doing their job! If you're really high HPS, but your tanks are dying on an encounter, does that still mean you're a good healer?

    This what you look at in logs. Logs serve a purpose for self evaluation if you know what to look for.

    I promise you that my raid and likely yours as well takes more DMG per encounter and therefore requires more healing that say Paragon or Methods does.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by solidbear View Post
    4) Personal CD usage. This doesn't evaluate your healing, but it shows if you're using abilities. Everyone should be using personal CDs, so your barkskin usage should be used as much as possible. With a 1 minute CD, on a 6 minute fight, ideally it should be around 5-6 casts. Ironbark is similar, but it may be different for everyone based on your raid comp (does your tanks "reserve" your IB, or are you allowed to use it whenever?)
    5) Nature's vigil usage (if talented)--another Mathy one. 1.5 minute CD. It should be used on CD. If you've got one use on a 6 minute fight.. thats bad!
    6) How many clearcasts did you gain during a fight vs how many regrowths cast during an encounter. If you had 15 clearcasts on a fight, you should also have 15 regrowth casts as well!
    These three seem a bit overly strict, and should really be dependant on whichever fight you are on.

    - Barkskin should really just be used when you have incoming damage, not on CD. I'm not going to Barkskin now when I know that in 30 seconds Tectus will do his Upheaval.
    - Same with Nature's Vigil. I'm not going to NV now when the Arcane Abberation on Imperator just died, I'd rather wait for the next one to spawn.
    - Regrowth.. well ofcourse you'd like each of them to be clearcast. But sometimes they proc multiple times before you can even cast it. And sometimes you need to cast a very fast heal to prevent someone from dying. It's not ideal, but I'm going to spend that mana rather than letting someone die. Ultimately healing is about keeping people alive, not refusing to cast spells because they're not efficient enough and you'd lose out on HPS.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetlizard View Post
    Recipe for personal failure.





    and this is what people mean by using WCL OP
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#metric=hps
    Filter for difficulty, spec, and so on.
    Good way to compare how your heals *should* or could look for each boss.
    I never said to stop improving......
    but if the bosses are falling on the floor and everyone is alive, your healers did fine. That's all i meant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •