Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I assume there should be breakpoints where stacking enough crit makes another point of hit/expertise more valuable than another point of crit, and vice versa. But in general, a point of crit rating increases your average rage generation more than a point of hit/expertise rating, even if you have none of the latter.
    The only breakpoint is if you manage to actually reach the white crit cap for your hit/exp levels. Otherwise Crit is always better (especially because of the buff we get just for being in Bear form).

Post-5.0.4, how do the 130 Agility enchant and Windwalk stack up for Guardians? Trying to decide if I should burn the enchantment mats to put Windwalk on my Kiril...
    Windwalk is probably better now, but I'm not going to spend any time doing math to figure it out. This would only matter if you were doing 0% DS, and at that point Windwalk is definitely better.

Hi, first of all thank you for a very nice guide. However, it feels like this response is a bit asinine.
    If you're going to take the time to insult me, at least be right.

So, in what way is this new madeup 70% not the cap? Your character gets no benefit for armor above the armor required to get the nominal 75% reduction, correct? On live right now, with BoMight and mastery gear/reforges, I can reach a cap where more mastery no longer increases my damage reduction. According to the character sheet it's 75%, according to you it's something less than that, nevertheless this 'cap' is achievable in BiS gear, and I dont see why you wouldnt be able to reproduce this in MoP with heroic gear from T15/T16 etc, especially if the gear is masery heavy (currenty bear gear has close to no mastery baseline).
    The damage reduction cap is 75%. However the amount of armor it takes for you to reach that cap is dependant on what level the thing attacking you is. This is the Armor damage reduction formula:

DamageReduction = TargetArmor / (TargetArmor + 4037.5*AttackerLevel – 317117.5)
    Which means the armor cap for a level 88 mob is:

0.75 = X / (X + 4037.5(88) - 317117.5)
    0.75 = X / (X + 355300 - 317117.5)
    0.75 = X / (X + 38182.5)
    0.75 (X + 38182.5) = X
    0.75X + 28636.875 = X
    28636.875 = 0.25X
    X = 114547.5

So it'll take 114547.5 Armor to reach the 75% damage reduction cap vs level 88 mobs. That's not possible in current gear.

The character panel should really be updated to give a level-by-level breakdown of your armor mitigation the same way it has displayed hit and expertise breakdowns since the start of Cata.
    Eh, if they did that then they'd have to do Dodge, Parry, and Block too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    The damage reduction cap is 75%. However the amount of armor it takes for you to reach that cap is dependant on what level the thing attacking you is. This is the Armor damage reduction formula:

Which means the armor cap for a level 88 mob is:

0.75 = X / (X + 4037.5(88) - 317117.5)
    0.75 = X / (X + 355300 - 317117.5)
    0.75 = X / (X + 38182.5)
    0.75 (X + 38182.5) = X
    0.75X + 28636.875 = X
    28636.875 = 0.25X
    X = 114547.5

So it'll take 114547.5 Armor to reach the 75% damage reduction cap vs level 88 mobs. That's not possible in current gear.

Eh, if they did that then they'd have to do Dodge, Parry, and Block too.
    Or you could be lazy like me and just get Elun's Rage per Second mod. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PerSecond.html
    Victoria Aut Mors

Right now there is a bug where Might of Ursoc will fade whenever you use Incarnation: Son of Ursoc, or whenever the Incarnation: Son of Ursoc buff fades. Not really that big of a deal just make sure that Incarnation: Son of Ursoc is already active before you use Might of Ursoc if you feel it necessary to stack the buffs for... some reason.

Deleted
    There's the same bugg with enrage and savage defense buff that vanishes everytime you get in incarnation or when it fades.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can also tank as a night elf in well of eternity when using incarnation lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    You can also tank as a night elf in well of eternity when using incarnation lol
    sorry what do you mean? you can alos tank it with incarnation?

and yes Incarnatiuon is quite bugged and i wont suggest taking in its current state , but it proves out tobe verry usefull tho. but for pre MoP ill stick with my happy tree's
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    sorry what do you mean? you can alos tank it with incarnation?

and yes Incarnatiuon is quite bugged and i wont suggest taking in its current state , but it proves out tobe verry usefull tho. but for pre MoP ill stick with my happy tree's
    Once you pop incarnation in WoE you turn to your night elf form instead, although you can still use all your bear abilities. It goes away though if you unshift back to your caster form again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was mentioned (even though it doesn't even matter now) But glyphed Frenzied Regen causes a stack on Yor'shaj. I didn't think to check if un-glyphed worked or not since I assumed it did cause a stack.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unglyphed Frenzied Regen does cause a stack on Yor shaj

Deleted
    I've not seen an answer to this yet, Agility or Dodge ? is they a guidance at what is better and at what stages or has nothing changed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    about Nature Swiftness,

the macro /NS /HT often put you out of form or the heal does not go off while moving
    so i though it was an awsome idea ot macro all my ability todo a /NS so that id have the buff up at all time
    sadly however the cooldown does not start ticking until the buff is consumed this way that prouch does not seem optimal either
    I have my NS bound to a mouse key, since i use Vuhdo for raid frames and can easily use it on the run. The thing that annoys me slightly, is when I use it and it doesn't go off. Since it's on the GCD, it doesn't always trigger when I cast it. Then I cast it again and I've noticed a minor delay several times now. That means, that I cast it again but this time it takes me out of Bear form.

Anyways, I guess the best way to deal with that, is to pay more attention. But it can be hard, if you need that NS to survive or save someone else, while trying to not die and not stand in fire at the same time. But I do see the potential "oh shit" situation with the way NS works right now. Would love it, if NS wasn't on the GCD.

@ Arielle: Great guide, although I follow you on theincbear as well. Keep up the good work

Could anyone tell what would be the "rotation" for incarnation aoe? Is it maintain trash dot and just swipe spam or trash spam or some other?

First of all: Great guide!
    But I don't really know, what I should think about your gem-list
    How to decide between them
    I mean, i would simply go for
    Blue: Solid River's Heart
    Red: Shifting Imperial Amethyst
    Yellow: Regal Wild Jade

That would be max survivability, wouldn't it?
    Also in Hinalover's BiS Pre-Raid List I can't really understand his gem-decisions..
    What am I missing? I'm not really into theory crafting.

I would love do get some answers
    Last edited by pFreak; 2012-09-28 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Regal Wild Jade :)

Deleted
    Which race would be best to play for Alliance? Night Elf or Worgen. Great guide btw thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OniPew View Post
    Which race would be best to play for Alliance? Night Elf or Worgen. Great guide btw thanks.
    Check out their racial and then pick yourself what you think is best.

Could anyone tell what would be the "rotation" for incarnation aoe? Is it maintain trash dot and just swipe spam or trash spam or some other?
    Yeah that's basically it.

Although it would be better to use Berserk for AoE instead.

I think I answered this on TiB?

Technically NE. But it doesn't make enough of a difference for you to not pick what you want to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    NE's are also more cute

as for aoe keep trash up and spam swipe
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    First of all: Great guide!
    But I don't really know, what I should think about your gem-list
    How to decide between them
    I mean, i would simply go for
    Blue: Solid River's Heart
    Red: Shifting Imperial Amethyst
    Yellow: Regal Wild Jade

That would be max survivability, wouldn't it?
    Also in Hinalover's BiS Pre-Raid List I can't really understand his gem-decisions..
    What am I missing? I'm not really into theory crafting.

I presume (and this is a guess) that it's due to the effective health situation. Mastery trumps dodge for effective health - hence the reforges and gems of mastery, and not dodge. What would be nice is if someone could comment of the actual value of effective health versus total damage reduction while progressing through normals and then heroics. That might give a clearer idea of how much mastery to push for over dodge, or how much dodge to pursue over mastery.

The guide recommends using the +140 mastery/minor speed for boots. Why not the +140agi/minor speed instead? Agi is a primary stat and if I read your information correctly, mastery would only be a better choice if it offered double the stat value which it does not.

At 90 how much Agi=dodge?

How much Agi=.01%dodge
    How much Agi=1% dodge