Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    The guide recommends using the +140 mastery/minor speed for boots. Why not the +140agi/minor speed instead? Agi is a primary stat and if I read your information correctly, mastery would only be a better choice if it offered double the stat value which it does not.
    Mastery is pretty close to equal value with Agility, but it's the same thing as Mastery and Dodge. On average Agility will be better, but Mastery will have less spikiness.

You pick what you and your healers feel is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    At 90 how much Agi=dodge?

How much Agi=.01%dodge
    How much Agi=1% dodge
    See page 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    nice gear list also but a bit differnt from hiná yours shows more epics
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-10-03 at 07:42 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Blizzard doesn't actually have anything that allows you to track numerical threat values on a target. Get something that does that. Trust me. You'll want/need it for tank swaps in MoP. I use Omen, not sure what else there is.
    Nice realy good job. love it exept one thing Omen is kinda shit if you compare omen's threat with blizzard original. Omen can say that you have aggro when your not even over 90% according to blizzards and i rather trust blizzards built in threat meter then a addon. but outher then that i love this post

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw you mentioned the mastery bracer enchant but as a LW i assume i should get 750 stamina enchants rather then the 500 agility enchant right?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I'm calculating the stam LW enchant being ~40% stronger than the agi one at my gear level. That being said, they're very different. One is pure survival while the other is mitigation/recovery.

15+ Year Old Account
    would it be possable to get some idication on how much better the armor pot + mastery elixers is over using a stamina flask? as i am in for a lot of wiping so a flask would be a lot cheaper

both effect effective health. so would it be possable for a small compariasion, like wheter not its is possable to go for a flask or if i should realy always use elixers
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    would it be possable to get some idication on how much better the armor pot + mastery elixers is over using a stamina flask? as i am in for a lot of wiping so a flask would be a lot cheaper

both effect effective health. so would it be possable for a small compariasion, like wheter not its is possable to go for a flask or if i should realy always use elixers
    Stamina is the single best EH stat. However it provides 0 benefit other than EH. So while Stamina will always be better for EH, it doesn't do anything else for you.

http://postimage.org/image/ox4apq8th/full/

Using rawr with my current gear, raid buffed, on MSV 10M normal this is what I'm getting. Mantid by itself is slightly better than the stam flask and when used with mastery elixer is much stronger. To be honest, I'm not sure if these numbers relate to EH or if they're just relative numbers but either way it works for comparison.

Survival:
    21,346 stam flask
    11,296 mantid+monk's

Mitigation+Recovery:
    2,521 stam flask
    22,940 mantid+monk's

Overall:
    23,867 stam flask
    34,236 mantid+monk's

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks,
    my guild only started to raid last wensday,

last nite we did the fang, and i had should of reflection.
    now i didint get a time to test this last nite but i began to wonder if HotW + 500 or soon + 320% spell dmg buff will buff the damage done by arcane velocity
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you using to pick your upgrades/BiS items from the current available content?
    I have looked and haven't found anything worth while yet. Everything is still pre-raid, or it's partially updated from forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Federali View Post
    What are you using to pick your upgrades/BiS items from the current available content?
    I have looked and haven't found anything worth while yet. Everything is still pre-raid, or it's partially updated from forever ago.
    I need to redo the raid gear list into RPS and Mitigation sets of gear, which is why I haven't posted it here yet.

Plus converting it to MMOC forum format is a HUGE pain.

It is coming though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I need to redo the raid gear list into RPS and Mitigation sets of gear, which is why I haven't posted it here yet.

Plus converting it to MMOC forum format is a HUGE pain.

It is coming though.
    I understand, sounds good, I follow you here and on Incbear so I will keep an eye out.

good guide. couple things though:

1. expertise is twice as valuable as hit until soft cap, so if there is a choice, always go for expertise until soft cap. (you basically say it in your Suppressions section, or subsection, or whatever it is, see #6. below)

2. In your symbiosis section you make some pretty strong suggestions about what to take and what not to take, for your priest and warrior shuffles i have to say i highly disagree: walking into a fear mob/pack for heroics or trash and being able to pop a second fear ward is amazing. spell reflect is also amazing. you'd be surprised how nice it is for healers when you don't take that 80k to the face once in a while (dear warriors, start using spell reflect more while tanking). All i'm saying is, they all have their place, please keep an open mind and a teachable moment in your guide for new players. the hunter trap is by far the worst one because we have several built in slows already and a range slow is a rare and unique use indeed, but none the less there is no harm in mentioning a fight like maloriak, or the achievement in SM (hurray current content!).

3a. "I'd consider glyphing Grace all of the time since it's a minor glyph that has the potential to be very beneficial on some encounters." which encounters?
    3b. Rebirth, Fae Silence and maul are by far your best choices for heroics/raid trash, for raid bosses, it comes down to encounter, i'd keep rebirth in for all of them, you're usually going to res a healer or tank and they can't die again. period. stamp roar is amazing for feng/kings depending on your strat, otherwise changing your tanking cd's for big hits might be the way to go (for example SI on Guardians so healers don't have to worry about you as much during the aoe hit and can focus on aoe healing instead)

4. Rotation. i think i'm repeating what you are saying, but it wasn't very clear in your section.
    Single Target: Mangle >Lacerate to three stacks > faerie fire > thrash > lacerate to keep up stacks/fill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swipe>maul. (i might have misunderstood your comments on this, and it is more than likely you will have to use thrash before it is done ticking)
    AOE: swipe mangle swipe thrash, repeat. if you are in danger of dying, use mangle on procs and rotate in FFF. For aoe, threat is a bigger issue than your own survival and this maximizes it.
    Not Getting Hit : same as single target, except you only spend rage on FR if you need a heal, help your healers out! and dump with maul.

5. I haven't understood a single thing Elunedra has written in this forum.

6. the different size titles and lack of index for such a large guide make searching for things very hard. try underlining, numbers, bullet points or other simple formatting tools

7. Pre-raid gear, you should probably make a note that any revered reps will take several weeks to grind out, especially shadow-pan or august celestial's and we need to go look for other pieces in the mean time.

8. very comprehensive, keep up the good work!
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Unless I am behind the times expertise no longer removes parry until after 7.5%.

Do you have some Stat Caps?

I read somethink about 500k HP + 5-6k Mastery.

I planing to tanking Heroic Raid very soon (rerolled from Pally Tank to Druid for Gar'Jal Heroic)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    Unless I am behind the times expertise no longer removes parry until after 7.5%.
    this one is a bit confusing ppl say expertiese first reducdes dodge then parry, but whne you look at the tooltip of your chatecter screen you will see that like 4% expertise has a bit of effect on both parry and dodge, i dont know wich to beleive anymore

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Do you have some Stat Caps?

I read somethink about 500k HP + 5-6k Mastery.

I planing to tanking Heroic Raid very soon (rerolled from Pally Tank to Druid for Gar'Jal Heroic)
    there are no cpas the mroe the better and some bosses are more stamina orentated while other works better with mastery / dodge
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I special need it for Heroic Bosses (Gar'Jal +) so what you preffer? The Doge/Mastery or do you preffer Stamina?

I am new to druid, because I reroll from Protpally to Druid.

1. expertise is twice as valuable as hit until soft cap, so if there is a choice, always go for expertise until soft cap. (you basically say it in your Suppressions section, or subsection, or whatever it is, see #6. below)
    It's actually not. But k.

2. In your symbiosis section you make some pretty strong suggestions about what to take and what not to take, for your priest and warrior shuffles i have to say i highly disagree: walking into a fear mob/pack for heroics or trash and being able to pop a second fear ward is amazing. spell reflect is also amazing. you'd be surprised how nice it is for healers when you don't take that 80k to the face once in a while (dear warriors, start using spell reflect more while tanking). All i'm saying is, they all have their place, please keep an open mind and a teachable moment in your guide for new players. the hunter trap is by far the worst one because we have several built in slows already and a range slow is a rare and unique use indeed, but none the less there is no harm in mentioning a fight like maloriak, or the achievement in SM (hurray current content!).
    Given that I typically write from a raiding perspective (where FW and SR are by and large completely irrelevant) I'm going to leave it as is. I also mentioned that SR may see some special use in challenge modes potentially.

"Heroic" 5mans don't count.

which encounters?
    Last boss of Stormstout for one. Plus there have been encounters in the past where you can get knocked in the air. It's a minor glyph with no other choices, so no reason not to take it for purely a tanking role.

Mangle >Lacerate to three stacks > faerie fire > thrash > lacerate to keep up stacks/fill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swipe>maul. (i might have misunderstood your comments on this, and it is more than likely you will have to use thrash before it is done ticking)
    Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate > FFF. Lacerate bleed damage is so low compared to everything else that you can basically ignore it.

AOE: swipe mangle swipe thrash, repeat. if you are in danger of dying, use mangle on procs and rotate in FFF. For aoe, threat is a bigger issue than your own survival and this maximizes it.
    Um. Thrash -> Swipe -> Mangle -> Swipe. Repeat.

5. I haven't understood a single thing Elunedra has written in this forum.
    Pretty sure English is his 2nd (3rd) language. It's actually pretty clear what he's saying most of the time.

6. the different size titles and lack of index for such a large guide make searching for things very hard. try underlining, numbers, bullet points or other simple formatting tools
    My desire to reformat the entire thing in HTML simply because the MMOC forums won't let you create multiple successive posts in a thread is pretty low.

Pre-raid gear, you should probably make a note that any revered reps will take several weeks to grind out, especially shadow-pan or august celestial's and we need to go look for other pieces in the mean time.
    And? Some people won't have groups to start raiding several weeks (or even months) into the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    so with the new mastery enchant that works of haste, i wonder if is any good, as i got like 0 haste. so i feel it kinda bad for ppl with low haste.

we peobely need some comparisation betweeen real proc per minute and fake proc per minute as this can help us decide between dodge and mastery
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-10-16 at 09:11 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    so with the new mastery enchant that works of haste, i wonder if is any good, as i got like 0 haste. so i feel it kinda bad for ppl with low haste.

we peobely need some comparisation betweeen real proc per minute and fake proc per minute as this can help us decide between dodge and mastery
    Well last night during Elegon i had 9 mastery procs, 7 Crit procs, and 3 Haste procs... so 19 total procs over 7:56 or 1 proc about every 25 seconds

The enchant acts kinda funny in that it doesn't always choose your highest stat, the order of procs i had definitely followed my stats from highest to lowest in total procs but it was random during the fight what proc'd when.
    Last edited by uzumati; 2012-10-16 at 04:07 PM.
    Victoria Aut Mors