Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Very good bear guide! Thanks for the info!

Has anyone ran the numbers on the new Arrowflight Medalion? I believe i read somewhere it wasn't that great for kitties but Crit is a very nice Rage stat for bears.

With the "on use" being crit" where would you suggest macro-ing it? Mangle so you are getting big crits every min? With Barkskin: Both are 1min CDs, and if you are using a CD then thats means heavy dmg so extra crit for increased rage to fuel SD and FR would be useful.

Thoughts?

I already have Xuen (484), Niuzao (476), Searing Words (471), Iron Protector (471), and Vial (489) so I'm not hurting on trinkets as it is.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-12-04 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelean View Post
    How come this macro does not work for me?
    I copied and paste the exact macro listed above, and in game when I click my keybind it only says the actions listed above and does not actual perform them?
    Can anyone help me on this thanks?
    As noted in my previous post I have copied and pasted the exact macro listed in this guide and when I pudh my macro'd keybind I only say the macro in whatever chat channel I am currently in (trade, raid, guild, general). I have the exact macro copied into WOW and the macro appears to be correct in the guide with no extra spaces or missing /

Can anyone assist me in fixing this macro so I can HT w/o leaving Bear Form?

Thanks Seelean

#showtooltip healing touch
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help][]Healing Touch
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

Fix the healing touch line to how you want your healing touch to work, mouseover or not etc. Pretty much as long you have autounshift, 0 and autounshift 1 as the first and last lines, your macro will healing touch w/o leaving your bear form.

As for trinkets, I am considering the agility crit use from dominance point if I am unlucky with the Le Shi one to drop. I definitely prefer Le Shi one over use on one because I am an engineer and it the tinkers + use on trinkets put each other on cd for 10-15 seconds which is annoying.

I already have Xuen (484), Niuzao (476), Searing Words (471), Iron Protector (471), and Vial (489) so I'm not hurting on trinkets as it is.
    Arrow is slighly better than a 484 Xuen, but not by much. The difference is pretty negligible between the two.

It's better than anything else you have though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Arrow is slighly better than a 484 Xuen, but not by much. The difference is pretty negligible between the two.

It's better than anything else you have though.
    I was under the impression that Searing Words was one of the best RPS trinkets due it being native crit, which gets the 50% bonus from Guardian Spec, and it yields more agi for a longer period when it procs.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-12-05 at 05:18 PM.

I was under the impression that Searing Words was one of the best RPS trinkets due it being native crit, which gets the 50% bonus from Guardian Spec, and it yields more agi for a longer period when it procs.
    But the ICD is 50% bigger in exchange, so the uptime is only very slightly higher.

It's only really 1% more native Crit than Arrow, but Arrow gives ~6% more Crit when it's up. In terms of raw RPS Arrow is better. Especially since you have more control over it and can guarantee the increase when you actually need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    But the ICD is 50% bigger in exchange, so the uptime is only very slightly higher.

It's only really 1% more native Crit than Arrow, but Arrow gives ~6% more Crit when it's up. In terms of raw RPS Arrow is better. Especially since you have more control over it and can guarantee the increase when you actually need it.
    I was thinking more of a comparison of Searing Words to Xuen when you said it was slightly worse than arrow, and that Xuen was my best RPS trink.

So you are of the mind set of using Arrow like an OH Sh!t CD macrod with thorns or as a stand alone rather than using it with mangle?

Apologies that I cannot do more research on my own but work computers limit the programs I can use and the sites I can visit.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-12-05 at 06:08 PM.

I was thinking more of a comparison of Searing Words to Xuen when you said it was slightly worse than arrow, and that Xuen was my best RPS trink.
    Oh. Xuen is better on fights where you can Dodge things. Searing is better for those where you can't. So it's kind of a tossup.

Arrow is better than both though. So use Arrow and swap between Searing and Xuen depending on the fight.

Ya I think my two trinkets are going to be Le Shi trinket and bottle of infinite stars. The proc and uptime on infinite stars is very high, also i kinda spent valor upgrading to 510 ilvl first week haha. I have no luck w/ Le Shi trinket yet but when I get it, it will replace my searing words for sure.

Is there an accurate and easy way to generate Stat Weight based around the Crit > Exp=Hit > Mastery tanking model?
    Trying to get the best possible reforge for myself and I just made up some arbitrary numbers so one stat was either equal (Exp/Hit) or sequentially better/worse than the next for reforging. I'm sure there's a better way to do this!

Is there an accurate and easy way to generate Stat Weight based around the Crit > Exp=Hit > Mastery tanking model?
    Trying to get the best possible reforge for myself and I just made up some arbitrary numbers so one stat was either equal (Exp/Hit) or sequentially better/worse than the next for reforging. I'm sure there's a better way to do this!
    Not really. Stat weights are pretty useless since they change on almost every encounter.

I don't know if it's need to make a new topic or asking on this topic. I decided to ask here.

Our 10-man group is since yesterday trying to kill Wind Lord Mel'jarak. But it didn't went good, because we are a bit lacking of AoE. And my raidleader asked me to tank as a guardian on the next tries (sunday). Guardian isn't my main spec (Moonkin is). And this is the first time I'm going tanking.

So I need some tips about the boss himself and about my gear. This is my gear. I know it's not fully gemmed, enchanted, etc... But I want to know if my gear is fine enough for Wind Lord Mel'Jarak. What gems/enchants/reforge should I use? And what build should I choose: Rage build or Mitigation build?

And anything I should know before I start with Wind Lord Mel'Jarak? (Ofcourse I'll read some tactsguide from different site, but any big tip should help me for improving our raidgroup)

Thank you very much if some of you will help me.

Deleted
    Biggest tip imo is probably that you can dodge rain of blades (the big aoe), so have an SD up for that. Assuming your not having to interupt you can just have the boss as your main target as if you are going to get raged cap, you can stick empowered maul on him. In addition stick symbiosis on a Monk/DK for an additional tanking cd.

I have done this fight with both a stam/miti build and a RPS build. I used the stam/miti build at 473, and the RPS one when my ilvl went 480+. I have recently gone from resto to guardian, so initially my gear was low. I was able to pull 60k+ more dps with the RPS build compared to the other one, so we killed the boss alot faster and I was able to use more Savage Defense and Maul. However, I would reccommend going with alot of stam and mastery for your first tries since your not used to playing bear in raid, that way if you make a mistake with your cds or Active Mitigation you have a hp buffer. Also Disc Priests pwn on this one, so try and take and least 1, preferably 2!

So yes the RPS build is significantly better as it provides alot more dps and Rage for Savage Defense + Empowered Maul. As I said though it is less forgiving, and it might be better to go with stam, and mastery reforge first. But if you and your healers are comfortable with going for the RPS build then you should do it.
    Last edited by mmoc9a414e8b02; 2012-12-07 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Galeros for your tips!
    But what about my gear? Should I able to tank Wind Lord Mel'Jarak with ilvl 470?

With your tips I'll go for Stam and Mastery then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    But what about my gear? Should I able to tank Wind Lord Mel'Jarak with ilvl 470?

The boss himself doesnt hit that hard, but if you're 1 tanking it you're going to be taking a lot of damage. We had a ~480 DK tanking it and sometimes he would get instagibbed, even with 3 healers (we normally 2 heal but theres no dps requirement and 3 makes it easier) essentially just healing him. We decided that we'd just push through it that way; he wasnt getting spiked that often and we figured it'd go down eventually, and it did. At 470 I'd definitely go with a crit or mastery-heavy build. The damage is very spiky and completely unpredictable so you need to have consistent mitigation via high armor and as much SD uptime as you can possibly manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post

Stop reforging/gemming dodge. Most guardians now favor a RPS build which is Hit>Exp>Crit>Haste>Mastery for normal mode fights.

Change your meta gem. The run speed Meta doesn't stack with your boot enchant so you are gimping yourself. You will get more armor from the Stam/armor meta than your current gem. Also
    Last edited by Kioga; 2012-12-07 at 01:51 PM.

Ye I'm gonna 1 tank it.
    So I should go for Stam and Crit then?

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Stop reforging/gemming dodge. Most guardians now favor a RPS build which is Hit>Exp>Crit>Haste>Mastery for normal mode fights.
    Do you use ReforgeLite? If so, can you give me the "configuration" for reforgelite, so I won't take the fault config. Thank you!

So I need some tips about the boss himself and about my gear. This is my gear. I know it's not fully gemmed, enchanted, etc... But I want to know if my gear is fine enough for Wind Lord Mel'Jarak. What gems/enchants/reforge should I use? And what build should I choose: Rage build or Mitigation build?
    Rage.

And anything I should know before I start with Wind Lord Mel'Jarak? (Ofcourse I'll read some tactsguide from different site, but any big tip should help me for improving our raidgroup)
    http://theincbear.com/10m-saturdays-...-heart-of-fear

Deleted
    the RPS build is infinately better on this fight (more damage + Active Mitigation), but since your new to tanking I would suggest stam gems, and mastery reforge. Mastery will give you higher armor so you take less damage passsively whilst the stam will mean you wont get burst down so hard. If your comfortable with the Rotation and Active Mitigation usage then you will be fine to use the RPS build (You will take less damage with this build then the Stam/Mastery one). When I first tanked this I had only tanked 1 hc dungeon let alone a raid since cata. Thus a played it safe with stam and mastery as I wasnt confident with an unpracticed rotation and the new Active Mitigation, so I relied on the healers to do more healing (We have good healers so this was doable). I was suggesting the stam one to you as I infered that you hadnt done much tanking. As I said, I am using the RPS one now that I can do decent tanking and doing significantly more dps because of it.

I feel that I should add though that I think it is strange that you have been asked to tank this one fight. Sure Bears are good for this but Brewmasters are better and other tanks are not alot worse than Bears. I cannot see the logic behind you tanking this tbh. Unless your MT cannot make the raid you should be dpsing. There may be a problem with your tactics or other dps slacking with their aoe etc. Boomkins are not the best on this for 10m but I do find it weird your RL wants you to tank.
    Last edited by mmoc9a414e8b02; 2012-12-07 at 07:27 PM.