Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Per Dodge - 1,319
    Incorrect. Is actually:
    951.158596 Agility before diminishing returns
    Guardian Stat Weights
    Doesn't include T&C.

Savage Defense vs Frenzied Regen
    You should check your FR calculation. It's not correctly subtracting 2*AGI from your total AP, thus inflating FR.

Glyph or Unglyphed FR, That Is The Question
    Is kind of irrelevant, since whenever you are using FR it's because you need a heal RIGHT NOW. If we ever reach 17+ RPS and you can keep it at 100% uptime then it might be good. But that won't happen, so /shrug

Guardian Druid BiS Items Breakdown
    Elite legs are the better offset item. Trinkets are 100% dependant on your raid. I suspect the bugs in your SS are influencing your item choices.

1. Agi per dodge is based on the amount of agi I currently have if you check the calculation. I do account for diminishing returns so it is much more accurate than you assumed.

2. I've started working on T&C and it will always be best to keep the debuff up for any melee really. I will have the math soon.

3. This is just the math when you get more healing into you, not how to use the glyph. That is situation and determined by the individual.

4. If you look at the calculation on the items tab the legs are not as much of an upgrade from the set as the shoulders or the helm.

Further I've had a question about the stat weight of dodge while using SD where there is high dodgable damage:

Dodge Stat Weight With Savage Defence

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 12:10 AM ----------

Legs Breakdown

(Heroic Elite) Legguards of Failing Purification: 125.94
    (Heroic) Stoneflesh Leggings: 128.33
    (Heroic) Eternal Blossom Breeches: 139.59

*This includes enchants gems and reforging*

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 01:43 AM ----------

Oh I missed 2* AGI. That is correct, I don't put it in.

Total AP = 2* AGI + Veng

In that formula I only have Veng therefore not subtracting 2*Agi, just not including it therefore, not inflated.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 04:53 PM ----------

Here's some math on Tooth And Claw!

Tooth And Claw
    Last edited by TheeTova; 2012-12-14 at 01:44 AM.

I'm switching over to Guardian on my main. The guild is currently progressing through heroic MSV. I see that a lot of people are greatly prefering crit, but according to this guide hit and expertise come ahead. I see some people going for hit/exp caps (2550/5100) and some that don't. What's recommended?

Also, just to make sure, Lacerate has a priority than Thrash and FFF even if it's already at 3 stacks, right?

What is EH? And what is meant by 'combat table' in this context?
    Mastery grants less overall TDR than Dodge for damage that is on the combat table, but it also has the advantage of increasing EH.
    The formula for FR doesn't make much sense to me: (2*(AP-Agi*2), Sta*2.5). Why is there a comma in there?

From my experience, getting near hit cap and hitting soft exp - hard cap (~10% expertise range) was my comfort zone. I didn't see too many parries that mattered. The rest of my stats went to crit rating, I almost had ~10k crit rating self buffed, no elixirs. I think at ~8-9k crit rating was also another comfort zone for crit rating.
    Last week, I tried to test out droppign my crit rating from ~10k to ~8k for some haste rating since a lot of the fights involved off tanking, I didnt notice a huge difference but actually prefered it since my rage was a bit more constant and gave me more tooth and claw to help out when I wasn't tanking.

Assuming you have both thrash and lacerate x3 up, and neither are going to drop, its lacerate > fff > thrash in terms of damage if thats what you wanted to know.

I'm switching over to Guardian on my main. The guild is currently progressing through heroic MSV. I see that a lot of people are greatly prefering crit, but according to this guide hit and expertise come ahead. I see some people going for hit/exp caps (2550/5100) and some that don't. What's recommended?
    Whatever you feel is best for you. Hit/Exp give you more consistency, but Crit/Haste will give you more on average.

Also, just to make sure, Lacerate has a priority than Thrash and FFF even if it's already at 3 stacks, right?
    Yes.

What is EH? And what is meant by 'combat table' in this context?
    EH = "Effective Health", a term used to determine how long you can stay alive without someone healing you. "Combat Table" refers to damage that can be avoided (parried/dodged), since a lot of it can't be.

The formula for FR doesn't make much sense to me: (2*(AP-Agi*2), Sta*2.5). Why is there a comma in there?
    It's a MAX function, so whichever of those two terms is higher.

Deleted
    I'm solo tanking Windlord Mel'Jarak and we're progressing. I feel that I'm in a good spot, but maybe 2 or 3 times during the whole raid it gets pretty close (I do have my CDs ready for when this happens). The healers say they have no problem with keeping my health up and we wipe due to other reasons than tank death (hello whirling blade and wind bomb).

But still I always like to come at my best for every fight. So what do you guys go for statwise and trinketwise? I use 489 shadopan trinket and Searing Words 471. Should I use BoIS 476 or Xuen 476. Or should I go for Protector Talisman? Iirc I sit at 540k ish HP and ~62,5% phy. dmg. red. against lvl 93 creature.

Here are some logs if you wish: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/48wecr4sbqhmrcn6/

But still I always like to come at my best for every fight. So what do you guys go for statwise and trinketwise? I use 489 shadopan trinket and Searing Words 471. Should I use BoIS 476 or Xuen 476. Or should I go for Protector Talisman? Iirc I sit at 540k ish HP and ~62,5% phy. dmg. red. against lvl 93 creature.
    I checked your armory, and it looks like you're in Feral gear (I think), so I don't know if that's your Guardian gear as well. I checked a random log really quickly and it looks like damage intake is basically the same as 10N. In that case there's no reason to use anything but RPS trinkets. But some general tips:

1) Make damn sure you dodge Whirling Blade.
    2) Make sure you have SD up for Rain of Blades.
    3) Keep SD up as much as possible and use T&C procs when you can spare the rage.
    4) Use Barkskin proactively (like an incoming Rain w/ no SD), and SI/MoU reactively to give your healers a chance to recover.
    5) After all the adds are dead, try and move him as close to the middle as possible to give your raid as much room for Bombs as you can.

That's all you can really do as a tank. Rest of it is up to your raid to not be stupid.

Deleted
    Ah yes, sorry about the armory Arielle. Was farming dailies and stuff, it's faster this way I believe. And yes that is my feral cat gear.

Thanks for the confirmation and the tips. I already was tanking that way, but saying that I have to use SD for rain of blades: this means you can dodge those? That's good to hear then.

Still didnt get a heads up for trinkets. What do you think I should generally go with? When should you prefer a certain trinket over another. I understand dot/magic and pure physical damage, but when would you prefer an agi trinket over the crit (searing words) trinket? Oh yeah I have Vial of Dragon's Blood, but do you think it's useless for normal mode raids?

Thanks

Out of what you listed, use Searing Words, and Hawkmaster (if that's what you mean by "489 Shado-Pan").

Deleted
    Ah yes, sorry I meant Lao Chin's Liquid Courage (Stam + on use mastery).

I have these trinkets:
    Searing Word (471)
    Lao Chin's Liquid Courage 489
    Relic of Xuen 476
    Bottle of Infinite Stars 476

Relic of Niuzao (476), Protector's Talisman and Vial of Dragon Blood I have both but dont use them ever.

Im planning on buying Arrow from Shieldwall next.

Thanks in advance

Searing Words and Bottle since you can reforge the Mastery into something more useful. Then replace Bottle with Arrow once you get it.

Deleted
    Ok thanks a lot! I reforged it into Crit. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Would going guardian as offspec be decent for doing dailies etc ? or is the dmg too low compared to feral.
    I am resto main spec, without a lot of feral/guardian gear. And the feral priority system etc seems so foreign (haven't been feral since early wotlk).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Would going guardian as offspec be decent for doing dailies etc ? or is the dmg too low compared to feral.
    I am resto main spec, without a lot of feral/guardian gear. And the feral priority system etc seems so foreign (haven't been feral since early wotlk).
    I've been doing all factions to exalted dailies as guardian and didn't feel particularly slow, sometimes even an advantage to be able to take as many mobs at once as you please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing all factions to exalted dailies as guardian and didn't feel particularly slow, sometimes even an advantage to be able to take as many mobs at once as you please.
    Great news, didn't have to much success as feral. Can't be slower than resto anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Yeah, I've never had a problem doing dailies as a Guardian either.

I had quicker results on the kill x mobs as a guardian since I can finish those in 1-2 pulls, while feral was a bit more energy and cooldown based for big pulls. Feral was definitely a lot quicker on the mini boss mobs that had a lot of hp. Granted hotw guardian covered those situations as well.

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone uses an addon that tracks Savage Defense charges.

Deleted
    DroodFocus and I broke it down to show only a handful of abilities as I think the whole package is quite clunky. But yea, that can show SD charges and duration.

Droodfocus.

TiB also has a thread dedicated to Weak Auras strings for various Guardian stuffs: http://theincbear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=739