Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that there has been lot of talk of trinkets, but I have a question of my own.

I have a selection of Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (522), Vial of Dragonblood (489), Fortidude of the Zandari (522), Vicious Talisman (522), Terror in the Mist (496) - using on my cat spec, Bottle of Infinite Stars (476) - using as cat, with cat reforges, Stuff of Nightmares (496), Rentaki's Soul Charm (522).

At the moment I am using mainly Steadfast Talsiman of the Shado-Pan Assault (I love the extra dodge I get, specially on Council (call me a bad player, but if I don't have the trinket CD I just fail at dodging enough of Malakk's stacks to reset my debuff (but I must be doing something wrong...)), but using this everywhere else as well) and the second trinket is either Vial or Fortitude. I am using only trinkets which doesn't change my hit/expertise values (as it would be really painful to loose several % of hit when I would change mid raid Vicious Talisman for something else). If I would use the Charm, I could possible leave it out from my reforges and just go with the X amount less exp. as it is the "base" of that trinket if I wish to swap....

Should I just stick to one set of trinkets and just reforge my gear to meet the proper hit/Exp caps and not to change trinkets during raid or should I stick with the way I am doing now?

PS. No loot yesterday from 6 bosses. Rdruid got the tier gloves . 3 to go today (hopefully)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-25 at 07:35 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the trinkets you got I would use Rentaki's soul charm + terror in the mist OR Vicious Talisman.

Rentaki's is BiS for us. This trinket a lone is going to allow you to reforge some extra expertise into other stats.

The rest of your options just suck and are not worth using. Fortidude of the Zandari & Vial of Dragonblood specifically are crap for us. DK's, Pallies and warriors would get more use out of those trinkets.

Really a combo of rentaki + terror or vicious is the only combo you need for normal. In heroics you might consider other options like a few stam trinkets for stuff that hits hard, but worry about that when you get there.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-25 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try to play around with the stats, though I am afraid that the hit trinket would put me waaaaaaaaaaay over cap. So I will take terror and rentaki... The good thing about terror is as there is nothing to reforge so I can use it on cat gear w/o any problems.

But is the SD enough to dodge things. I mean when I have SD up only (w/o symbiosis from a monk nor the trinket) then I feel that it is not enough for me and well. I just lack the rage at some points... Cause I used it on FR or well the maul proc... But I guess that is just bad game play on my part.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I will try to play around with the stats, though I am afraid that the hit trinket would put me waaaaaaaaaaay over cap. So I will take terror and rentaki... The good thing about terror is as there is nothing to reforge so I can use it on cat gear w/o any problems.
    This is exactly the problem I've ran into. I had to stop using my vicious in favor of bottle of infinite stars (heroic version though) just to get to 7.79% hit cap. With that trinket im at 9%. The amount of hit on some gear this tier is ridiculous. Rentaki + terror would be fine.

But is the SD enough to dodge things. I mean when I have SD up only (w/o symbiosis from a monk nor the trinket) then I feel that it is not enough for me and well. I just lack the rage at some points... Cause I used it on FR or well the maul proc... But I guess that is just bad game play on my part.
    It sounds like a L2P issue (no offense). SD should be enough to dodge what you want to dodge and with an RPS build you should never have an issue with rage. You could be using Maul too frequently. Unless for a T&C proc I try to hold off using maul when I know I still got SD charges up that I need to use.

Talking specifically about Frost king here, since you brought it up, I find it's best to save SD until frost king gets his frigid assault buff then I focus him and use SD on CD. Bad RNG aside and if you do it at the right time you should reset your stacks majority of the time. Even if you don't pop barkskin before and take the damage.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-25 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None taken, rated.

Those trinkets - rentaki and terror work together nicely thanks for the post rated.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-25 at 05:57 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got to have some faith in your healers keeping you up ;p

Most of the time SD performs better. Frenzied regen is better suited for certain mechanics like snapping bite on tortos, talon rake on jikun, or the obvious fights were melee damage is not the #1 worry (think stone guards). Other than that reserve using frenzied regen over SD except for those oh shit moments or when you have no SD charges to use.

Also I just happened to look at your armory and saw a few things that might work out better for you.

You don't really need stam enchants on your shoulders and legs. For what it's worth our Ilvl are rather similar and our progression is the same. Your health is more than enough for reg ToT and switching those 2 enchants to the agility ones will probably serve you better. More crit/rage/dps etc

Gems: Some gem sockets just aren't worth geming for. Your shoulder is a good example. Who cares about 90 stam bonus. A crit gem or even a 320 expertise gem will help you more. Same with your legs. I'd probably either choose to ignore the bonus and go for crit gem or use a 320 expertise one.

Dodge enchant on bracers is just pointless. Mastery FTW. If you ever decide to get rid of the non raiding prof (herb) LW would be a better choice for 500 agility.

I'd play around with those suggestions some more. I'm confident you could probably get more crit out of your gear while maintaining your caps comfortably.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-25 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did change few of the enchants and one gem (replaced exp/stam for exp/crit). Lets see how well those handle the test of Durumu to Primordius and hopefully Iron Qon tonight.

I know I suppose the have faith in my healers, but some times that extra few thousand health can and will save your life, specially when 2/3 healers are dead and one remaining is oom

I was considering changing my herbi something else, but since I have only 1 alt at lvl 90 (has lw/skinning), don't have the time to level something just for gathering profs. nor have the gold to buy the herbs I need (the farming doesn't give that much...). So unfortunately herbing will be staying with me for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    So yesterday i got: http://www.wowdb.com/items/96151
    is this any good? i reforged the dodge to crit, but as far as i know dodge and mastery isnt so good
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

No Elunedra, it's not good for us (at all really). I mean sure 9.3k mastery is a large chunk of extra armour when it procs but you are going to benefit from a trinket with hit/exp + Agi proc or something (assuming you are at least trying to get a somewhat RPS build).

Got an armoury link?

15+ Year Old Account
    here is armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lunedra/simple
    let me know what you think about it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not worth using IMO. That bad juju you got in your bags is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    here is armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lunedra/simple
    let me know what you think about it
    I think you're heavily over-estimating the need for Stamina mate. You could easily drop all the Sta from gems (get Piercing gems for blue sockets if you really want the bonuses), I'd recommend switching at least one enchant (shoulder/legs) to the agi/crit version and get 500agi on Bracers (feel free to change on fights where you take heavy spike dmg, like Ji-kun). Expertise enchant on gloves and blurred speed on boots
    Considering you wont be replacing your staff for a long time, consider the investment to get Dancing Steel.

You're using Glyph of Fae Silence, can I ask why? I would personally never advise this, but I don't know your raid comp and maybe you're absolutely required to get another interrupt on Horridon or whatever, but you shouldn't really use this because of the incurred CD on FF. Mangle > Lacerate > FF > Lacerate > Mangle again should be your 'normal' priority, highest chance to get Mangle procs for inc rage gen.

Just a few observations ^^

Talking specifically about Frost king here, since you brought it up, I find it's best to save SD until frost king gets his frigid assault buff then I focus him and use SD on CD. Bad RNG aside and if you do it at the right time you should reset your stacks majority of the time. Even if you don't pop barkskin before and take the damage.
    I don't think I've been stunned once when I've actually done it right.

Wasn't ff reseting swings, so it must be not used until it gets fixed?

Deleted
    FF was fixed in 5.2

Meh, I just tried as Guardian for the first time in HoF.

Still, I really have low DPS, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

This is the WoL logs

This run was more funrun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    I think you're heavily over-estimating the need for Stamina mate. You could easily drop all the Sta from gems (get Piercing gems for blue sockets if you really want the bonuses), I'd recommend switching at least one enchant (shoulder/legs) to the agi/crit version and get 500agi on Bracers (feel free to change on fights where you take heavy spike dmg, like Ji-kun). Expertise enchant on gloves and blurred speed on boots
    Considering you wont be replacing your staff for a long time, consider the investment to get Dancing Steel.

You're using Glyph of Fae Silence, can I ask why? I would personally never advise this, but I don't know your raid comp and maybe you're absolutely required to get another interrupt on Horridon or whatever, but you shouldn't really use this because of the incurred CD on FF. Mangle > Lacerate > FF > Lacerate > Mangle again should be your 'normal' priority, highest chance to get Mangle procs for inc rage gen.

Just a few observations ^^
    hmm you say i should enchant exp on gloves ? i am already over the soft cap
    as for the glypth i love the utlity to be able to pulll casters in, yet ofcourse that only works on trash, i didnt think of it breaking the rotation
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I don't think I've been stunned once when I've actually done it right.
    After the the gear changed I made it went well for me , had the rage most of the time to dodge. But well, even if I didn't manage it i super easy to tell my BF to taunt ^^ Malakk. But I am not the "sharpest" bear out there, so... well

----------------------

TBH Elunedra, I would go for full exp. hard cap, just cause all those hits which doesn't "connect" with boss, cause it parries, will hurt your rage generation in the end. Honestly, give full exp. hard cap a go , you will be either swimming in hit and/or exp. anyway x_x

After I took more threat stats over other things, nothing changed for the healers. They asked, "what did you change that you ask a question like that...?" after I asked "how am I to keep up/heal" So I highly suggest to try things out and when it doesn't work for you, go back to your old setup.

Speaking of my current gear setup (I have not equip few pieces yet), but is seems that the synergy between T&C and SD is really good. If I use SD most of the times I have T&C available and with plenty of rage to use it and visa versa. My DPS has gone up as well.

------------

On a brighter note I got my T14 normal chest token... Now I can equip my 522 gloves finally .

--------------

I am torn in getting the DPS legendary meta and the tanking one. Since those have been accessible for the lucky people some time now, what would you say one should get? I read on some page of this topic that the tanking one is pretty decent to have, due to it's dmg. mitigation component, but in the same time the extra DPS in 10-man, if you have someone in their notsogoodOS, will help out I guess. What would you get or what do you have and why?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-26 at 09:52 PM.

I am torn in getting the DPS legendary meta and the tanking one.
    Get both. If you can only choose one get the DPS meta unless you are tanking Heroic 25m.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah get both. New gems cost 5 primal diamonds. For normal ToT I can't imagine much use for tanking one over DPS one unless you severely under gear the place.