Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mastery: Nature's Guardian is now 33% stronger (2% per point instead of 1.5%).
    What does this change mean? I can't get my head around it

Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    What does this change mean? I can't get my head around it
    It means you get 33% more armor per point. If you have 20% extra armor now you will have 26.6% extra armor next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    It means you get 33% more armor per point. If you have 20% extra armor now you will have 26.6% extra armor next patch.
    Is this an additional buff to the increase of 16% (from 12%) we already received or is it just worded differently?

If it is the same, I'm unsure why Blizz mentioned it again if nothing has changed since they first told us about the buff.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-15 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Is this an additional buff to the increase of 16% (from 12%) we already received or is it just worded differently?

If it is the same, I'm unsure why Blizz mentioned it again if nothing has changed since they first told us about the buff.
    It is the same. If I'm not mistaken it is the first time they told us about the buff, the only reason we knew prior was datamining which far from everybody hears about.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Quake stomp is not reduced by armor. It's reduced by weakened blows, thick hide's 12%, and any CDs you've popped. Base, without any CDs, it's 79.2% of max health (something I've checked with logs), and unless you have healers with external absorbs, guess how likely it is that you'll keep a 75% of max health shield through a 79.2% of max health attack without CDs?

Bone Shield symbiosis is probably the best way to deal with it, since it will never use up stacks unless the shield drops, and cuts pretty much everything in the encounter down to more manageable damage levels.
    I must be the luckiest Guardian in the world, since I never actively use a CD for an incoming Quake Stomp while tanking the bats. Even after checking the logs where I tanked the bats (not many, since I don't need the boss anymore and sit out for less geared people), it's hard finding a log where I didn't have some extra passive damage reduction or absorb flying about just by chance... but there are some where I still don't appear to have any damage reduction procs/externals and I completely absorb the Quake Stomp (not by much, mind you). While the ability shouldn't be affected by armor, the size of the Quake Stomps I take (including the absorbs) tend to be smaller than other plate tanks I run with pre-mitigation, even with respect to their HP. Regardless, I tell my healers to not use external CDs or anything special while I'm tanking bats, and my bubble stays intact almost perfectly every Quake Stomp unless my bubble is low. Take it as you will.

But let's just assume I'm the luckiest Guardian alive. Bone Shield symbiosis is pretty nice on this encounter, as long as your bubble doesn't break. When I've gone kitty on this encounter, I set up a CD rotation for every Quake Stomp so that my bubble cannot break... it can be applied to bat tanking and dealing with Quake Stomp if you have bubble-breaking issues, as well. Adapted for Guardians, it'd be Barkskin -> SI ->Barkskin -> external -> repeat. The legendary tanking meta proc can replace any of those, as well, if you're using it. However, things can go wrong, and despite all your best planning, your bubble may break to a Quake Stomp. If you're actively tanking bats, especially with 2pc T15, using FF on a crystal followed by a FR after the Quake Stomp will likely give you a max bubble again... just make sure your HP is above the bat healing threshold (I prefer to be under 100% HP so Healthstones still work with a bubble).

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It is the same. If I'm not mistaken it is the first time they told us about the buff, the only reason we knew prior was datamining which far from everybody hears about.
    It is the first time it's been officially in the PTR notes. For those that missed what Arielle mentioned in a previous thread or don't know, we start with 8 base mastery, and this change wasn't to the base amount of mastery we have, but how much armor increase mastery gives us (aka, we didn't just get 4% base armor added, mastery scales 33% better).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been playing guardian for about a month now and I only really tank lfr but I'm a bit confused after reading the last few pages.

From what I can tell you just stack crit as much as you can and then put anything left over into dodge/mastery. Is that right? I'm guessing its because of the t15 2 piece.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hit/Expertise Cap > Crit > Haste > Mastery >>>>>>>> Dodge.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh like motoma said, dont put in in dodge or mastery put it in more exp / haste instead
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    My guild is currently working on Heroic Horridon and though we still plan on using 3 tanks we're dropping to 5 healers. As such I'll be going Guardian for the fight. I will be getting the crafted helm made tomorrow but anyone have any semi-easy gear suggestions I can try to get before our next raid on Thursday? I am currently locked to 1st. 2nd and 4th ToT LFRs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...voman/advanced
    Your gear is very surprisingly good. You've done extremely well with gems/enchants/reforging. Feel free to use the Sta LW Bracer enchant and/or the 300sta on chest, if you feel a lil more health would be productive. So surprised to see such a well-fixed char from someone new to tanking. If you need the expertise I understand the use of the crafty gems in yellow sockets, but if you can get it via reforging it'd probably be best to use full-crit in yellow sockets.

Assuming you're going to primarily be on Add duty just ensure you're moving away from shit fast, all of the HC abilities (Sand Traps, Frozen-orbs, venom etc hurts!). I'd save Incarnation for the 2nd gate as well, the extra taunts are awesome for picking up all of the adds floating around (remember Incarnation reduces the CD of normal abilities to 1.5secs). Tank the frozen warlords by the walls when possible, saves space and unnecessary dmg from people walking through orbs. Pay attention to the lightning totems from Shamans, they are so easy to miss and, when tanking other adds, can easily kill a tank.

No other info I can give you, you seem to have things under control

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    ...your bubble may break to a Quake Stomp. If you're actively tanking bats...
    The idea is to have no bats up during quake stomp ^^ I don't find it difficult -at all- to kill off all the bats before the stomp, not saying you do, just mentioning that if anyone is tanking and still have bats up doing a quake stomp you may need some help from DPS to ensure the majority of them are down beforehand, will make your life much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    Your gear is very surprisingly good. You've done extremely well with gems/enchants/reforging. Feel free to use the Sta LW Bracer enchant and/or the 300sta on chest, if you feel a lil more health would be productive. So surprised to see such a well-fixed char from someone new to tanking. If you need the expertise I understand the use of the crafty gems in yellow sockets, but if you can get it via reforging it'd probably be best to use full-crit in yellow sockets.

Assuming you're going to primarily be on Add duty just ensure you're moving away from shit fast, all of the HC abilities (Sand Traps, Frozen-orbs, venom etc hurts!). I'd save Incarnation for the 2nd gate as well, the extra taunts are awesome for picking up all of the adds floating around (remember Incarnation reduces the CD of normal abilities to 1.5secs). Tank the frozen warlords by the walls when possible, saves space and unnecessary dmg from people walking through orbs. Pay attention to the lightning totems from Shamans, they are so easy to miss and, when tanking other adds, can easily kill a tank.

No other info I can give you, you seem to have things under control
    I think I lose more crit+haste overall by reforging more for expertise rather than gemming crit+expertise. As for my duty I'm just alternating tanking Horridon and adds on a gate-by-gate basis as we don't normally run with a Paladin healer (6 raid healers woo woo). Thanks for reminding me about the Incarnation Growl cd reduction as I normally only tank heroics for the easy valor. Only other real change I'll go with is picking up Nature's Vigil and using that while on Horridon.to help healers out to some extent. Might switch to Ursol's Vortex too to keep adds in place before I get threat on them.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-16 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about Agility. If you're crit-capped (theoretically), how useful is it to a bear? Just DPS and frenzied regen healing I suppose? If so, would it be better to lean on expertise in red slots, and something like haste in yellows?

I'm talking mostly about twinks, just something I've been wondering recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Question about Agility. If you're crit-capped (theoretically), how useful is it to a bear? Just DPS and frenzied regen healing I suppose? If so, would it be better to lean on expertise in red slots, and something like haste in yellows?

Agi will give you a little bit of dodge, and 10% of its AP for FR and T&C (assuming you have the 10% AP buff).

So, basically nothing. You're better off with literally any other stat, unless older content gems weren't updated with the new 2:1 secondary - primary scheme. Then Agility is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Agi will give you a little bit of dodge, and 10% of its AP for FR and T&C (assuming you have the 10% AP buff).

So, basically nothing. You're better off with literally any other stat, unless older content gems weren't updated with the new 2:1 secondary - primary scheme. Then Agility is fine.
    Looks like agility is actually giving me more dodge than dodge rating, presumably thanks to the amount I have and armor bonus. That said, stamina is a more useful stat with really high uptime on SD? Or am I making the silly mistake of assuming it's not worth stacking dodge at ~90% (or that it'll be extremely hard to)

Yes, 1 agility gives you slightly more dodge than 1 dodge rating at level 90 (I think it might vary a little by level), hence why he said it's fine for older gems. But for newer gems, you get double the amount of dodge rating from gems as you do agility so dodge blows agility out of the water.

If you're twinking I don't see stamina as having any significant value anyway, you'll already have tons more from gear than you typically should for the level. I guess it depends heavily on what you're planning to do with the character.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-05-16 at 09:40 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post

Wait, I've been checking the discussion here every day and I haven't seen the crit-cap come up yet. Did I miss it? What's the critcap? Because I am sitting at ~53% with HotW and MotW buffed.

15+ Year Old Account
    crit soft cap is like 76% crit so you are fine, also this is not reachable at level 90 so dont wurrie

the guy above is talking about a low level charecter and since ratings are different at lower levels maybe he can get close to it
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2013-05-17 at 07:59 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

It was mentioned somewhere, that its 75-ish or so, so you're not even close.

Deleted
    Oh thanks, that's a relieve

15+ Year Old Account
    as i read in the armor buff theat that i dont want to derail

it seems Thoot and Claw also works on boss abilities? as the tooltip says next auto attack, i always assumed it had 0 effect on things like snaping bite of ralon rape or any other boss ability
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    as i read in the armor buff theat that i dont want to derail

it seems Thoot and Claw also works on boss abilities? as the tooltip says next auto attack, i always assumed it had 0 effect on things like snaping bite of ralon rape or any other boss ability
    It's just melee swings. You do want it up for most specials this tier, just because it'll reduce any melee swings that happen around that ability, but it won't actually reduce the Talon Rake/Triple Puncture/Snapping Bite/Whatever.