Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    HotW gives some crit, dodge, and health.
    NV gives a 10% healing boost while active.
    It makes sense for DoC to have a "tanking" boost in addition to the raid-healing part. Especially when you consider that 10% crit for mangle amounts to 60 rage once every about 3 minutes, so it's not terribly big. It's also still a small DPS increase relative to the other two, a ~6% damage boost to a skill that's ~30-40% of our damage on a good day.

DoC change is nice I guess we will be changing alot during the different encounters.

But the barkskin change is INSANE with the new cdr trinket and 2piece wow thats so huge. I mean if they keep it that way they just doubled our uptime tbh I think this one will not go through I dont know but this will make us almost the best tanks next content its almost like the AM for dmg reduction we wanted and there it is. But if it does I will be very happy about beeing a guardian

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh i was quite surprised to see the barkskin change, i gues it makes sence as the crit chance to prot warrior and DK is also insane
    they also nerfed the tanking cloak so i gues it was more powerfull then ppl thought
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yeh i was quite surprised to see the barkskin change, i gues it makes sence as the crit chance to prot warrior and DK is also insane
    they also nerfed the tanking cloak so i gues it was more powerfull then ppl thought
    I quess this buff is more related to stuff like execute from nazgrim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    I quess this buff is more related to stuff like execute from nazgrim.
    Exactly this, I think it is just a stop-gap for mechanics like execute. With the cdr trinket it means barkskin will have ~50% uptime (12/25.5 secs). Like was mentioned also, with the 2pc, it means that we can have quite amazing uptimes on SD, with 100% uptime for ~1.5 mins+ (depending on if you have the cdr trinket).

But the DoC change is interesting, but I'm still not sold on it 100%...yet. It will however devalue RoRo even more in the next patch, even for dps purposes if you pick DoC. The increased mangle crit will make DoC proc more often, but It will hardly make up for dps lost from the HT usage, and (as far as I know) the buff is still quite short. On the other hand, when I was testing the other day, the HTs are HUGE, almost like LoH.

It is looking good for us in the next patch, high hp pool, stupidly high SD uptimes, very high Barkskin uptimes, lots of talent flexibility, some reasonable raid healing/utility in a variety of options, very good self healing and great damage output (as always).

That's all on top of a ~50% uptime on the tank meta as well.

As a side note I'm working on updating trinkets for all of the 5.4 changes. Since there are no RPS trinkets beyond Hellscream's (which is way overkill if you take DoC), make sure you hang on to your Renataki's and Bloodlusts if you have them :|

Its going to be hard see the true effects of these buffs with simultaneous nerf to 5.3 raid boss damage and health (i think its health).

This is not a complaint or a concern, but just throwing it out there that as classes get buffs to more appropriately cope with the Heroic raiding, LFR will more and more become a complete joke. But maybe that is the point of LFR. /fleeting thought

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Its going to be hard see the true effects of these buffs with simultaneous nerf to 5.3 raid boss damage and health (i think its health).

This is not a complaint or a concern, but just throwing it out there that as classes get buffs to more appropriately cope with the Heroic raiding, LFR will more and more become a complete joke. But maybe that is the point of LFR. /fleeting thought
    Who cares about heroic 5.2 when there are class changes to 5.4.

I mean ToT will be an outdated content. The nerfs are to make it easier to get some gear on alts or new raidmembers for less skilled guils.

And you can only afk melee in LFR anyways these changes will not ahve any effect there.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-08-07 at 03:36 PM.

DoC change is nice I guess we will be changing alot during the different encounters.

But the barkskin change is INSANE with the new cdr trinket and 2piece wow thats so huge. I mean if they keep it that way they just doubled our uptime tbh I think this one will not go through I dont know but this will make us almost the best tanks next content its almost like the AM for dmg reduction we wanted and there it is. But if it does I will be very happy about beeing a guardian
    It's time for us to shine baby.

In a sense this just brings us in line with other tanks...I've noticed that top heroic tanks all do the same thing - they string together active mitigation and have it up at virtually all times. This will allow us to do the same, and with some intelligent use of barkskin, we should be on the up and up.
    Last edited by Axon14; 2013-08-07 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buraan View Post
    Exactly this, I think it is just a stop-gap for mechanics like execute. With the cdr trinket it means barkskin will have ~50% uptime (12/25.5 secs). Like was mentioned also, with the 2pc, it means that we can have quite amazing uptimes on SD, with 100% uptime for ~1.5 mins+ (depending on if you have the cdr trinket).

But the DoC change is interesting, but I'm still not sold on it 100%...yet. It will however devalue RoRo even more in the next patch, even for dps purposes if you pick DoC. The increased mangle crit will make DoC proc more often, but It will hardly make up for dps lost from the HT usage, and (as far as I know) the buff is still quite short. On the other hand, when I was testing the other day, the HTs are HUGE, almost like LoH.
    FR is already like a Lay on Hands with high Vengeance. I've healed myself for 400k on non-gimmick fights. I'm not sold on the new DoC yet.

I can't find a concrete answer to this. I just got H-RSC and I'm also running normal RoR. I don't really like RoR because of the armor loss, and we have both council and primoridius on farm on heroic. Should I aim for Talisman of Bloodlust or Juju?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Wojtek/simple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armor loss is meaningless and you will not notice an increase in damage taken, use RoR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Since there are no RPS trinkets beyond Hellscream's (which is way overkill if you take DoC), make sure you hang on to your Renataki's and Bloodlusts if you have them :|
    Nooooooooooooooooooo! I let the Bloodlust normal version be DE'd... Idiot me... I guess that is one boss, which I desire to do again ^^

Nooooooooooooooooooo! I let the Bloodlust normal version be DE'd... Idiot me... I guess that is one boss, which I desire to do again ^^
    Welcome to the club. Hope I will getz it on heroic.

I can't find a concrete answer to this. I just got H-RSC and I'm also running normal RoR. I don't really like RoR because of the armor loss, and we have both council and primoridius on farm on heroic. Should I aim for Talisman of Bloodlust or Juju?
    You should use all three if you have them and dont like RoR that much. Bloodlust is very good on bosses where you get alot of magic damage so you can use more FR. Juju is nice due to the mastery on it. RoR fro dps figts.

I would go for Bloodlust if you dont like RoR. But still with your Gear the armor loss shouldnt be any problem except if you zerg DA maybe.

But still with your Gear the armor loss shouldnt be any problem except if you zerg DA maybe.
    This is exactly what we're working on. I've been swapping in a vial of blood instead of RoR.

after vengeance nerf is drood tank still good and have best dps compare to other tanks in 5.4 ?

What does a bear do for things like snapping bite and talons rake?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    What does a bear do for things like snapping bite and talons rake?
    Snapping Bite is a real pain in the ass because you either Dodge it or take full damage. Never liked that one.

Talon rake you just eat to the face and heal it back afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    after vengeance nerf is drood tank still good and have best dps compare to other tanks in 5.4 ?
    "Highest" I don't think so. It should actually be pretty close if they succeed in bringing Monks down and DKs/Warriors up.

Deleted
    Greetings.
    I just obtained the Ra-den legs yesterday. However, i can't quite work my head around if they are an upgrade or not. I'm currently using heroic Primordius gloves, as non-tier.
    Im raiding 10 man, so i'm not sure if its worth losing the 4set over this.
    Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...beary/advanced

I've messed around with askmrrobot - obviously on my own, and not their crazy ideas. With my current gear setup, as the gear I am wearing on armory. I am up with 151 crit and 589 haste, and i lose out on 109 agility and 930 mastery. Unfortunetly mastery being as useless as it is right now, i just dont see how its worth it.
    If anyone can come up with something better, that would be awesome and really appreciated!
    I also have both Horridon and Lei Shen heroic weapons upgraded and enchanted, so i can switch depending wether i need hit or expertise.

Pretty sure using the Chest/Legs from Ra-Den ends up being an upgrade over the tier pieces.

I think that's what Buraan uses iirc.