Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I want use set shoulder and head for 2p bonus and primordius hands, ra-den chest and ra-den legs.
    4p bonus is useful only at ra-den for +rage panic button before fatal strike for me in 25man HC.

i find myzelf in a constant struggle where i want to use Swipe + Trash but i should use FF / Lacarate / Mangle to keep SD up
    If you do trash swipe mangle swipe trash you should have no problems keeping SD rolling just cant use Maul. You want to use aoe with more than 3 targets.

Deleted
    Since our protection paladin decided to reroll a guardianduid in 5.4 i was curious what tank class is probably the partner for him. Speaking of an overall image not specific encounter. Thanks in advantage ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshika View Post
    Since our protection paladin decided to reroll a guardianduid in 5.4 i was curious what tank class is probably the partner for him. Speaking of an overall image not specific encounter. Thanks in advantage ^^
    A Plate tank of some kind, purely for gear distribution.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prot Pally would be decent heheheheh

It really depends on your comp. Generally a plate + leather tank is a good combo, but if you got a few leather DPS in your raid already than 2 plate tanks will be better etc. Some times just ignoring all that and getting the 2 best skilled tanks is the best choice.

If you dont care about loot I raided with a good monk this tier and druid monk is a nice comp, but I also raided with everything except DK this tier. I think warrior/druid will be quite good, but pala/druid will be the best comp you want.

Out of curiosity, has anyone run a BiS gear list for Guardians for Siege of Orgrimmar? I honestly haven't found the time to crunch the numbers for optimal RPS with the gear listed in the dungeon journal, figured someone else might have already been working on it.

Unless the latest PTR push fixed it, I'm not sure what the Vial of Living Corruption actually reduces for Guardians. While I always like having stamina trinkets on stand-by, I still want to compare the benefits of them.

*edit* - Looks like it's updated, but I'm only seeing five abilities with reduced recovery rate: Barkskin, Berserk, SI, Might of Ursoc, and Bear Hug. I thought Enrage might make the list, but it's still showing a 1min CD.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-08-14 at 07:48 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

To add what exo asked.

I know arielle is doing the numbers on trinkets not how far he is on that part.

But I was looking through trinket and some question came in mind.

Didnt find any 13% crit/haste/mastery for agi only int and str.

Sure the aoe trinkets is nice for aoe fights I get that, but what else there is this downgrading agi proc, I kinda feel like I need about almost every trinket next tier, One heals you the next one does aoe the other one cdr, yeah sure you swapping trinkets isnt something new but I think they overdid it a bit.

Now my questions, if there is no plus stats trinket for agi would you take the str one cause thats alot.
    And this one may seem a bit funny but with the whole druid healing stuff, on high hps fights can you use the aoe healing trinket that converst healing into aoe healing, cause that would be kinda cool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    *edit* - Looks like it's updated, but I'm only seeing five abilities with reduced recovery rate: Barkskin, Berserk, SI, Might of Ursoc, and Bear Hug. I thought Enrage might make the list, but it's still showing a 1min CD.
    I think roar was affected aswell

Out of curiosity, has anyone run a BiS gear list for Guardians for Siege of Orgrimmar? I honestly haven't found the time to crunch the numbers for optimal RPS with the gear listed in the dungeon journal, figured someone else might have already been working on it.
    I kind of ignore gear until the weekend before the patch hits.

Looks like it's updated, but I'm only seeing five abilities with reduced recovery rate: Barkskin, Berserk, SI, Might of Ursoc, and Bear Hug. I thought Enrage might make the list, but it's still showing a 1min CD.
    Stampeding Roar.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really disappointed with the trinkets this coming teir :/

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    Really disappointed with the trinkets this coming teir :/
    The CDR trinket is amazing. I don't know what you're talking about. The Stamina/Crit trinket is also a great DPS option.

There aren't any real RPS trinkets though, which is kind of disappointing. /shrug Just keep Renataki's and Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Stampeding Roar.
    That's what I get for making a macro for Stamp Roar w/o the tooltip showing.

The cooldown reduction trinket is pretty amazing, even if it is a stamina trinket. For those that don't know how much it's reducing the cooldowns with the trinket equipped, Barkskin has a 25sec CD, MoU/SI/Berserk have a 2.5min CD, Bear Hug has a 50sec CD, and Stamp Roar has a 1.67min CD. Just the reduction to Barkskin + 2pc is silly by itself, I believe it's almost 2 minutes before SD will drop (or at the very least it's roughly 2 minutes before you have to wait any noticeable amount of time for an SD charge).

While there aren't any non-proc RPS trinkets, the Cleave/Multistrike trinkets are fairly decent in the right situations, and the agility procs aren't a waste by a long shot.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-08-14 at 08:48 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

While there aren't any non-proc RPS trinkets, the Cleave/Multistrike trinkets are fairly decent in the right situations, and the agility procs aren't a waste by a long shot.
    They mostly are once you get into normal SoO gear.

Worth noting that the CDR trinket works with glyphed SI as well.

With the current 2pc SD can stay up 2min 12 seconds.

Deleted
    Capacitive Primal Diamond, and Legendary melee cloaks (Fen-Yu, Fury of Xuen, and Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen) now have a 40% reduced chance to activate its effects for characters that are in a tanking specialization.
    Indomitable Primal Diamond's effect now grants a 20% damage reduction to all damage taken (up from only physical damage), and its activation rate has been doubled.
    Is it actually worth it to take the dps meta gem when that goes live?

Is it actually worth it to take the dps meta gem when that goes live?
    For ranks, sure.

For tanking actual progression content, no.

Deleted
    I dont really care about ranks.
    Was using the dps gem/cloak, but I will prolly switch now.

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw the guardiam set bones got nerfed OMG!!
    but did thety finely implement the heal or is still not working at all?
    (and how does this worh with the glypth)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i saw the guardiam set bones got nerfed OMG!!
    but did thety finely implement the heal or is still not working at all?
    (and how does this worh with the glypth)
    Dobnt know if its implemented but I still think it doesnt work with the glyph due to the different rage needed.

I dont think this "nerf" is really that improtant. You will still heal more than before BS changes. And barkskin will most likely be used to extend SD and for big hits. And I think it will not really matter that much. If you add 4piece proccing from it and the rage you dont need to spend and can use for a FR if you use BS for big hits.

About the glyph. Maybe there will be 1-2 bosses where it will be quite nice with 4piece and DoC for selfhealing. But I still think that the FR heal scales too god with vengeance to consider the Glyph. And if I remember correctly FR scales a bit with Stamina aswell so with the new stamina items you will need (CDR trinket) and the stamina buff FR heals even more. So far using the glyph was only really good on Leishi as I heard cause I didnt use it due to beeing the debuff stacking tank.

According to my logs, the Guardian 2pc is activating a Frenzied Regen. However, the heal will most likely go into overhealing in the majority of cases.

When we were testing Iron Juggernaut on flex raid, my OT died and I ended up solo-tanking the boss for 3 minutes straight before killing it... you can imagine how nasty that tanking debuff got. During that time, I was using Barkskin on cooldown, and my FR's were reaching 1.0-1.3 million, so they were bound to overheal eventually. However, the free FR likely made the most difference there, even if a good portion did go into overhealing.

What happened above is a good case of why the Glyph of Frenzied Regen is not really that great. The only reason we killed the boss in that situation was because I could constantly boom-heal myself and allow healers breathing room to actually get casts off. Most of the FR's I did execute were certainly not anywhere 60 rage, as I needed to maintain SD to reduce the burst damage on myself, yet the size of the FR heals were almost or more than my entire HP bar. More to the point of reliance on healers with the glyphed FR, you're supremely out of luck if you lose healers with glyphed FR... unglyphed FR is just too good at saving ourselves w/o relying on anyone else.

Oh! While I'm thinking about it, since some people may wonder... the 4pc healing when all this went down. For the last 3 minutes of the fight, the amount of overhealing done by Ursoc's Vigor was suprisingly (or rather, not really surprisingly) very little. When two tanks were alive and the tanking debuff was minimal, there was a fair amount of overhealing done outside of the Siege phase. Near the end when I was getting really high stacks, absolutely no overhealing with up to 49k ticks per second before the boss died. Total encounter healing (minus overhealing) was 3.5mil, and the total overhealing by the ability was only 20% for the entire fight (compared to FR with 67% overhealing). The 4pc is really starting to grow on me.

*edit* - Forgot to mention that with the rest of the encounters on the current flex raid available, Ursoc's Vigor was my #1 self heal by quite a bit. There was usually a large amount of overhealing, but it completely beat out FR by a good margin (minus Iron Juggernaut and his crazy antics).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-08-19 at 09:07 AM.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville